Quote Originally Posted by BO7CH View Post
    If you have shoulders crit becomes devalued. I currently have 17% crit at 903ilvl and sim in the high 800k. Keep stacking mastery.
    How do you guys use shoulders and DoS mid fight though? The opener is pretty obvious, but what about mid fight when DoS and Vanish line up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    How do you guys use shoulders and DoS mid fight though? The opener is pretty obvious, but what about mid fight when DoS and Vanish line up?
    You don't use DoS, ever. That simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    You don't use DoS, ever. That simple.
    Care to elaborate? It pretty much sims just under CoF as second best if you have the mantle and fourth after the much discussed NF if you don't have the mantle.

After the new golden trait, what is the trait priority? I dont have any of the good legendaries to skew things, if that matters

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe rupture, then vendetta for the first two, after that i dunno

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Could anyone with a US account inquire as to what is happening with the announced assassination changes on the official forums? All we keep seeing are Sub and Outlaw tier changes, talent changes, tuning and not a word on Assassination whatsoever, despite them giving a clear insight on what the plan was. I realize there is still some time before the patch rolls out, but week after week with no update is kinda disheartening. Tier set is boring, AP is boring, a simple 25% tick increase to exsanguinate is terribly unappealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsen View Post
    Could anyone with a US account inquire as to what is happening with the announced assassination changes on the official forums? All we keep seeing are Sub and Outlaw tier changes, talent changes, tuning and not a word on Assassination whatsoever, despite them giving a clear insight on what the plan was. I realize there is still some time before the patch rolls out, but week after week with no update is kinda disheartening. Tier set is boring, AP is boring, a simple 25% tick increase to exsanguinate is terribly unappealing.
    Maybe next raid tier. Assassin was removed from the list and only sub/outlaw are getting worked on

Maybe, but at least they could have communicated that part, so that we know where we stand.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Maybe next raid tier. Assassin was removed from the list and only sub/outlaw are getting worked on
    Did I missed something? What list? Could you please answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkz View Post
    Did I missed something? What list? Could you please answer?
    The blue quote that had all the lists of specs getting attention. Guardian druid/monk. Destruction warlocks etc etc Assassin was on it, Not anymore only sub/outlaw.

You can scroll through the blue quotes to find it if you like.

Deleted
    They mentioned to change PB or atleast give us an useable AoE burst.

I realy hope theyr still working on that... but i think they wouldve already done it on the ptr if thats true.

Pretty sure they make outlaw op, and blizzard knows exactly 95% of the rogue player will change to outlaw... or maybe sub. Theyr doing the same with any 3dd spec class.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post

I realy hope theyr still working on that... but i think they wouldve already done it on the ptr if thats true.

Pretty sure they make outlaw op, and blizzard knows exactly 95% of the rogue player will change to outlaw... or maybe sub. Theyr doing the same with any 3dd spec class.
    They did not mentioned PB per se.

Also how the hell Roberto Carlos got banned? I keep seeing people getting banned..

LE: I do not know if I will ever get an response as the guy is banned but if anyone else can investigate. Assassination is still mentioned in this (old) blue post - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ntasy-insight/ so I am curious what Roberto Carlos was talking about.
    Last edited by Darkkz; 2017-04-27 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Well I took amrs advice with the best in bag feature and did 750k on H trilliax tonight, which beat my previous record of 699k. And according to logs for my ilvl 894 that ain't bad
    I wouldn't recommend to use that best in bag feature to be honest. Beating records is nothing about skill / itemization anymore, it is all about BoT-Procs. You can faceroll your keyboard and if BoT proccs properly, you will have a wonderful log. Sin is not hard to master, literally anyone can achieve a legendary parse if RNGesus loves you. All that minimalistic in depth detailed playing became fucking worthless. You can play your a-game with good movement and perfect handling of boss mechanics and still, if BoT doesnt procc, you will eat shit.

I've neen playing my rogue for ages. I achieved several legendary parses and i always tried to play my rogue perfectly which always meant to put some effort into theory crafting. But all of this is just useless since we have BoT and it even became more ridiculous after they removed the rppm mechanic from BoT. I had 8 minute fights on Guldan, when it procced just twice. I had several mythic + runs, when it didnt procc once in 5 minutes. It is a major part of our dps for logs. Starting off a fight, i already know after 2 minutes if it is going to be a good log or not. And the worst thing is, if you know you just played pretty well, handling mechanics with perfect timings, pooling, using your CDs on point etc. etc. and then you open up your log and realize that neither BotA, nor BoT or Frond have fucking procced at all and you get like 60% perfection for your item lvl, well yeah, then you start thinking about rerolling demon hunter.

I never played any other class. Even my alts were rogues and i always went through good and bad times when Blizzard fucked up rogues at best and after so many years, fot the first time, i am really thinking about playing a dh. That Feeling, that you dont really have control of your own dps, is not bearable anymore.

Sorry for my whine post, i know it doesnt have much to do with what u said or is even helpful for you, but it just had to be said

- - - Updated - - -

As far as i know they never said to change BoT. The only thing i know of is that they are going to remove AP and make the bleed spec viable again. Which means they are going to buff EXS but i absolutely have no idea how they are going to compensate the removal of AP. If the idea is to compensate it by changing BoT (e.g. we get it on use every 30seconds) then i really would appreciate it. BoT Needs to be worked on, i hope they also realized that.

Deleted
    they definitly mentioned they want to bring assa an controllable AoE skill, ill get the blue response when im at home.

they didnt said that they WILL change that, just that they are thinking about it.

Deleted
    Care to elaborate? It pretty much sims just under CoF as second best if you have the mantle and fourth after the much discussed NF if you don't have the mantle.
    CoF + Frond with Duskwalkers/Mantle
    Frond + Mast stick with Zoldyck/Mantle

they definitly mentioned they want to bring assa an controllable AoE skill, ill get the blue response when im at home.

they didnt said that they WILL change that, just that they are thinking about it.
    Yeah well they are nearing the point that they have no time to make changes this PTR cycle. The window of opportunity is soon closing or already has.

Deleted
    It also depends on what you actually aiming at. Are you hunting for legendary hc logs, i'd go with mantle + DoS cause it gives a guaranteed dps increase in short term fights. Are u in Progression on mythic, there are even several boss mechanics which dont allow you to use ir properly. Besides, that haste is just pure cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    CoF + Frond with Duskwalkers/Mantle
    Frond + Mast stick with Zoldyck/Mantle
    I am struggling to to interpret Simcraft results in regards to above mentioned. I am using Mantle/Zoldryck.

Right now I am deciding between two set ups: either CoF + 895 NBF (sims ~859k dps) or CoF + 875 Urn (sims ~839k).

So, simcraft is telling me my 895 NBF setup is about 20k better than my setup with a 875 Urn. As far as I have understood Frond is overvalued in sims but mediocre on average in practice. I haven't really paid attention since I havent had any real alternative until now. I figure similar logic as the DoS vs NBF discussion can be applied here. The Urn should provide, overall, more stable dps. My question basically is: have I missed or missunderstood anything obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by andregorz View Post
    I am struggling to to interpret Simcraft results in regards to above mentioned. I am using Mantle/Zoldryck.

Right now I am deciding between two set ups: either CoF + 895 NBF (sims ~859k dps) or CoF + 875 Urn (sims ~839k).

So, simcraft is telling me my 895 NBF setup is about 20k better than my setup with a 875 Urn. As far as I have understood Frond is overvalued in sims but mediocre on average in practice. I haven't really paid attention since I havent had any real alternative until now. I figure similar logic as the DoS vs NBF discussion can be applied here. The Urn should provide, overall, more stable dps. My question basically is: have I missed or missunderstood anything obvious?
    No. You're good. The frond is inconsistent and this inconsistency is not conveyed well by the sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah well they are nearing the point that they have no time to make changes this PTR cycle. The window of opportunity is soon closing or already has.
    Nearing the point where ptr is over? They have no time limit. They may have goals to try and meet, but if they feel like they need more time, they will take it. We're on the 3rd ptr build(or week 3), we're certainly not near the point where it's too late to make changes. We'll probably see atleast another 6 builds, if not more, as well as hotfixes and changes after it's live.