Tuning notwithstanding and maybe it's my getting used to keybinds and just playing around with talents, but for those who have done any sort of PVP at 110, do you not find Assassination the squishiest thing imaginable? I tend to PvE a lot more, but I wanted to try out the abilities with full artifacts. Granted, I've only done a handful of BGs as Sub and Ass, but I found my ability to not die was much greater with Sub. Again, literally just got a key and I am probably playing badly, but it just seems that some classes are just eating me regardless of what do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Tuning notwithstanding and maybe it's my getting used to keybinds and just playing around with talents, but for those who have done any sort of PVP at 110, do you not find Assassination the squishiest thing imaginable? I tend to PvE a lot more, but I wanted to try out the abilities with full artifacts. Granted, I've only done a handful of BGs as Sub and Ass, but I found my ability to not die was much greater with Sub. Again, literally just got a key and I am probably playing badly, but it just seems that some classes are just eating me regardless of what do.
    The loss of Gouge and Blind hurts... bad. I think it will be nice in PvP.

Sub has the best survivability by far. Sub is the better option when you go double dps. Assa is an arm warrior, opener burst and substained damage is one of the highest at 110.

Definitely one of the squishiest melee by far. The loss of blind, gouge and prep really hurt the spec badly. Other side tho is the damage is high if you can get it off. Think TBC warrior in a bg scenario. Squishy solo but if you have a healer behind you being able to 2v4 or 2v5 isnt uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrze View Post
    Definitely one of the squishiest melee by far. The loss of blind, gouge and prep really hurt the spec badly. Other side tho is the damage is high if you can get it off. Think TBC warrior in a bg scenario. Squishy solo but if you have a healer behind you being able to 2v4 or 2v5 isnt uncommon.
    Plus when you find most classes solo bar tanks and dwarfs you can just kill them inside an opener. If assa had the tool sub does, it would get nerfed into the ground quickly. Kingsbane already took a slight nerf (probably for pve). Id say havoc is squishier then assa, but it has better gap closing, much less control tought.

Yea, they both have different styles about them and I can't really decide what I want to pick up first. On one hand, I don't like having stealth abilities double-bound to other keys so I can use them in ShD, but I do like zipping around and flying through the air. On the other hand, you can melt faces with an opening garrote, Cheap shot, rupture, mut x2, kingsbane, envenom (with Vendetta and Exsang thrown in), MFD Envenom (or something to that effect). Surprised how quickly the health would drop on enemies if I was undisturbed in that opener. I do find Assassination's mobility better with ShS but it's obviously nowhere near Subs. So many choices that I will likely choose when things are entirely tuned. We've seen how much swing can happen from one build to the next. I was leaning towards Assassination, but now I am not so sure.

Yea, they both have different styles about them and I can't really decide what I want to pick up first. On one hand, I don't like having stealth abilities double-bound to other keys so I can use them in ShD, but I do like zipping around and flying through the air. On the other hand, you can melt faces with an opening garrote, Cheap shot, rupture, mut x2, kingsbane, envenom (with Vendetta and Exsang thrown in), MFD Envenom (or something to that effect). Surprised how quickly the health would drop on enemies if I was undisturbed in that opener. I do find Assassination's mobility better with ShS but it's obviously nowhere near Subs. So many choices that I will likely choose when things are entirely tuned. We've seen how much swing can happen from one build to the next. I was leaning towards Assassination, but now I am not so sure.
    Yea it definitely can melt people solo though i personally hate the playstyle now. Promotes way too much tunneling for my tastes since you need to set up dots and what not but theres no doubt the damage is there, at least for now. 1v1 if assassination get a good open and your not a tank its really hard to beat one. In arenas though i doubt youll see many. You need instant burst and the ability to target swap and assassination takes way too long to ramp up but its still ok/fun in bg scenarios i suppose.

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Wow. That DPS is insane.

Rupture being so much of our damage has to be the most retarded thing i've ever seen allmost looks bugged

thats WITHOUT the legendary boots as well
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Okay will that be nerfed at all? Seems pretty nuts, I almost ALWAYS see assas rogues at the top.

The same thing that happens almost every beta will likely happen assassin will be overnerfed just before live.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    The same thing that happens almost every beta will likely happen assassin will be overnerfed just before live.
    Haha do they usually get nerfed last?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Haha do they usually get nerfed last?
    Always. Every expansion assassination damage starts off really good then just before it hits live it gets gutted and left to rot for the rest of the expansion.

Well i hope it doesn't get destroyed to not being usable...but i do hope it get's adjusted some because throughout the duration of all of beta seems like assass is king...by a mile. I would love to have the specs a bit closer.

The worst part will be they will likely just nerf it and do nothing to its scaling even if they don't overnerf it will die anyway.

Assass will defiantly be nerfed I just hope it doesnt go too far the other way and becomes more useless than outlaw.

Rupture ~55% of damage, do you believe it goes live?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiridon View Post
    Rupture ~55% of damage, do you believe it goes live?
    I mean this time they seems to be very aware of this. Considering artifact is further buffing I t and their own legendary as well. They buffed it themselves, even made the strongest dps talent bleed based, then changed it for exsanguitate which is even stronger.