Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Legion Inspired UI

Hello folks, I've been working on a new UI heavily inspired on Legion
    and other games like Diablo and Heroes of the Storm,
    I've tried to make my UI VERY dynamic and simple so I have
    the information I need in the moment I need it, also
    visually prioritizing targets and their levels and power.

Addons used:

WeakAuras
    King Kong UI Fader
    Raven
    Dominos
    Chinchilla
    TipTac
    Chatter
    Masque

All custom made textures.

Cheers,
    Link
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2015-11-19 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Bigger Image

Deleted
    Do you have a better quality picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Woolock View Post
    Do you have a better quality picture?
    I think is better now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Link Sunstrider View Post
    I think is better now.
    Yeah. Seems to be working now. Looks like a pretty cool UI. On one hand i think it's cool bringing target health onto the top center of the screen like some games previously have had with bosses and such. On the other hand it feels weird seeing an asymmetrical UI.

Yeah. Seems to be working now. Looks like a pretty cool UI. On one hand i think it's cool bringing target health onto the top center of the screen like some games previously have had with bosses and such. On the other hand it feels weird seeing an asymmetrical UI.
    Yeah I've tried SEVERAL ways to make it relatively interesting position wise and avoid to clutter up my screen. The way I see this setup is like a triangle where the target on top is the main information hub, then the bottom corners with my own information and the world around me a little bit in the minimap, leaving the center of the screen more or less free of information so the experience is a little more inmersive, the UI hides most of the time and it only shows the info I need to see in the right time, leaving the screen 50% of the time free of almost everything, even the chat is hidden unless I target myself and my HP bar and power shows up.

Just sharing a little of the logic behind my design hehe and ohh yeah, DAT Legion look at the official website is damn sexy so I took ideas from it too. Damn you Blizz and all your talented artists.

Deleted
    Thought about how you want raid/party frames to fit? Or just leaving them out?

Could maybe add one to the middle between player frame and map.

Thought about how you want raid/party frames to fit? Or just leaving them out?

Could maybe add one to the middle between player frame and map.
    Yeah I've thought of it too, I don't really like seeing other team players health and/or portraits so I'm working on a single (very compact) party/raid small frame that would visually indicate me the status of the group instead of individual frames and information. It would be located at the top left corner of the screen and the artwork right now is taken from the Hearthstone emblems at the back of the card of Hearthstone itself, not finished yet but it doesn't take too much space or attention from the rest of the parts of the UI and I think it fits. It's complicated and is been tedious to test it but I'll try to assemble it in WA too so I depend less from new/other addons.

This is the artwork idea:

Different glows of the icons would indicate me if the group is dead, also the party frame (blueish one) I'm making, has 4 spikes (the other members of the party) and my plan is that the frame adds spikes as members join the party, whenever one dies, the spike corresponding to that player turns dark or red or transparent (like a ghost?).

In a raid (fuscia) the back glow would indicate me the status of the whole group, if red the team is almost wiped, if it goes dark or gray, we all wiped, something along those lines... I'm still thinking hehe

It would be really damn cool to have a specialized tooltip but I have no idea how to make a tooltip with specific info for an aura in WA.
    I imagine tooltips displaying something along these lines:

Relatively healthy Raid Groups would look like...
    | 25 man: 20 alive - 5 dead
    | Tanking: Player A <--green if alive, gray if dead
    | Healing: Player B, Player C... <--green if alive, gray if dead
    |__________________________

Incomplete or wiped groups...
    | 25 man: 5 alive - 12 dead
    | Tanking: Player A
    | Healing: Player B, Player C

Party groups
    | 5 man: 2 alive - 3 dead
    | Tanking: Player A... <--blue if alive, gray if dead
    | Healing: Player B.. <--blue if alive, gray if dead
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2015-11-20 at 03:06 PM.

Are you going to share it lateR?

Quote Originally Posted by Malevskiy View Post
    Are you going to share it lateR?
    Sorry man, not for now, is still way too buggy and I'm smoothing out everything, is still a work in progress. Thank you for your interest though

Sorry man, not for now, is still way too buggy and I'm smoothing out everything, is still a work in progress. Thank you for your interest though
    Yeah, keep the thread updated! I'm really interested in this UI, gonna bookmark it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Yeah, keep the thread updated! I'm really interested in this UI, gonna bookmark it.
    Don't worry, I'm trying to get it ready for Legion so we have time hehe.. I'll try to develop the Raid/Party Frames as I've mentioned above but seems way too difficult to me as far as my knowledge of addon coding goes. I'm trying to build everything up from WA and Kong UI Fader but is been a long testing journey.

Legion UI testing: Party frame.

Still needs some graphic tweaks but at least the spikes of the frame seem to recognize everyone of the other 4 members of a party and if they're missing or dead. Perhaps I'll scale it up a bit but it is good for me that everything I need to know about a party is right there, in a compact frame that goes well with the rest of the UI. Still no working on how to make a simple red glow aura that recognizes if all 5 members are dead though.

Raid frame will be much more tricky since there's no regular trigger in WA that recognizes raid members like it does with party ones: party1, party2, party3, party4.

That frame is simpler graphics wise and more complex to code I guess since I'll need a trigger that recognizes the "general" status of the raid group: tanks dead, healers dead, all group wiped, missing players... also I don't think there's a way to make a custom tooltip for these two Party and Raid frames to display the info I wrote in a prior post here. Still gotta figure that one out.

Why the Hearthstone symbol? Well, Blizz made incredibly beautiful artworks for the cards in Hearthstone and I'm using part of that for my UI too, also I think it fits the graphic style.

And yes I've integrated a xp/rep meter below my HP. Is only xp until you hit level cap, then it reads your "tracked" reputation (show as experience bar checked)

The whole idea of this UI is to make it dynamic and almost invisible most of the time but when you do NEED to see information it's displayed in a very nice Blizz-like Legion themed graphic interface.
    Last edited by Blakmane; 2015-11-25 at 03:18 AM.

Deleted
    Does this change if one of the party members are dead or only if all is dead?
    Is it the four spikes that indicate party status?

Looks really cool. The big energy (?) cristall is the only thing, I don't like.

Can you share the textures? They look really nice and I would like to tinker a bit with them myself.

Not sure about the Partyframe. When I'm not a healer I look rarely at the partyframe, but sometimes I want to need more than what you offer now.

Keep it going

Does this change if one of the party members are dead or only if all is dead?
    Is it the four spikes that indicate party status?
    As the other 4 members join the party the 4 spikes pop up in the frame, if one of them dies the corresponding spike to that party member fades to a translucent red, if a party member leaves, the corresponding spike disappears, if all members die (including me) the four spikes go translucent red and the orb glows red inside.

Deleted
    As the other 4 members join the party the 4 spikes pop up in the frame, if one of them dies the corresponding spike to that party member fades to a translucent red, if a party member leaves, the corresponding spike disappears, if all members die (including me) the four spikes go translucent red and the orb glows red inside.
    This is a really cool concept. I like it!

Have you thought about having the blue icon change color or status in some way? While i understand you want to keep your UI kind of minimal and you don't need to know much about your party i feel like it's "wasted" just being a pretty icon. If you know what i mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it! Really clean and neat.

Would use it
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Swapped from Tukui (and many variants including ElvUI) after 5-6 years to RealUI because its so slick and unique. If you can make your UI look unique and have a plethora of 'suite' features, sign me up. I love RealUI but change is good.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

This is a really cool concept. I like it!

Have you thought about having the blue icon change color or status in some way? While i understand you want to keep your UI kind of minimal and you don't need to know much about your party i feel like it's "wasted" just being a pretty icon. If you know what i mean.
    The blue color of the hearthstone icon is precisely the color Blizz uses for the party chat for example, a pale blue to be exact, raids and big groups are orange in chat so the raid frame will probably have the symbol in that color jeje. The idea is that you can diferentiate the kind of group just by looking at the frame, 5man Dungeon, 25man Raid, etc...

Great work man, keep it up.