Page 7 of 136 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gonna be weird when Lightning bolt hits harder than lava burst when you use the artifact spell stormkeeper... Volcanic inferno is some really good damage though, depends on the proc rate but again, if it crits it hits harder than lava burst... uhhhh yeah welcome to alpha, Im hoping lava burst actually matters because at this rate it's all about lightning bolt spam into really really weak earth shocks, 300% SP on earth shock is trash, yeah it's instant but you build up to it, and new ascendance must be a joke, it either always crits or it's literally just "For 30 seconds your earth shock applies flame shock"

But as always, still in alpha and blizzard are really really good at balancing classes before release, and if there is any problems they'll be fixed quickly and definitely not 3 months down the line with snapchat integration.

I'm sure the numbers will be just fine (middle of the pack, at best), I'm just wondering if i'm the only one who's disapointed with the elemental talents and spells. None of them actually sound cool and impressive, Gust of Air and Totemic Fury are the only ones I find slightly interesting and fitting for elemental.

Look at enhancement, and take in account the description/fantasy of both specs.
    How much sense does it make to give enhancement talents like Fury of Air and Earthen Spike? Creating a vortex of air that slows and deals damage sounds like something a ''spellcaster who harnesses the destructive forces of nature and the elements'' would do.

We get shithe like Lightning Rod and Sons of Flame, while Enhancement is summoning storms and calling earth spikes, seems legit.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Gonna be weird when Lightning bolt hits harder than lava burst when you use the artifact spell stormkeeper...
    It happens every 60 seconds, you have to cast 1.5 seconds and then still cast LB itself.

If Lava burst is still supposed to deal more damage than LB with Stormkeeper, then Lvb needs to hit like a ton and LB like a wet noodle w/o Stormkeeper.

LB deals 80% SP as damage, then comes Shamanism passive in with 70% Dmg bonus, you're at 136%.

Now apply the auto crit from Stormkeeper, you're at 340% SP with the 2.5 Crit multiplier from Elemental fury, apply the 200% dmg buff from Stormkeeper and LB sits at 1020% SP.

LB w/ Stormkeeper >> Lvb seems very intended in my book.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2015-12-16 at 04:52 PM.

Why do elemental keep having abilities and spells tied to the ground as a dot? Earthquake and now Volcanic Inferno, creates a lot of potential for loss of dps vs every other spec. EQ is fine but at least Volcanic Inferno should be instant and not spread over 6 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It happens every 60 seconds, you have to cast 1.5 seconds and then still cast LB itself.

If Lava burst is still supposed to deal more damage than LB with Stormkeeper, then Lvb needs to hit like a ton and LB like a wet noodle w/o Stormkeeper.

LB deals 80% SP as damage, then comes Shamanism passive in with 70% Dmg bonus, you're at 136%.

Now apply the auto crit from Stormkeeper, you're at 340% SP with the 2.5 Crit multiplier from Elemental fury, apply the 200% dmg buff from Stormkeeper and LB sits at 1020% SP.

Aye this is all true, and I guess lightning bolt is a lot more iconic than lava burst, I just always felt like lava burst should be the big bomb you throw out similar to chaos bolt, but i guess if that's what I wanted I'd just go play destro lock, just being picky I think.
    With elemental fury back in and at 20% it'll probably be ideal to make sure you have it up before you earth shock which shouldn't be too hard, and totemic fury at the moment is kinda shaping up to be better than ascendance, think that'll be toned down a bit, if not it's a very big burst window as well as them attacking, probably for tickle damage but even so, I likey

Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Aye this is all true, and I guess lightning bolt is a lot more iconic than lava burst, I just always felt like lava burst should be the big bomb you throw out similar to chaos bolt, but i guess if that's what I wanted I'd just go play destro lock, just being picky I think.
    The artifact weapon is after all mainly about Lightning, hence the Stormkeeper skill makes Lightning Bolt / Chain Lightning totally overpowered.

Deleted
    Now apply the passive from the weapon, which causes the next 3 LBs to overload two additional times (so 2 guaranteed, maybe a 3rd normal one), each dealing 75% of the original LB's damage --> 2530% SP
    For 3 LBs in a row. Sounds incredibly balanced, no? :P

PS: This would mean that we would only cast Stormkeeper right after our weapon proccs.

Deleted

I thought with spells all damage modifiers were calculated before crit?

So it would be (136% *2)*2.5=680% Sp

Which seems more realistic when you add the chance of mastery procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I thought with spells all damage modifiers were calculated before crit?

So it would be (136% *2)*2.5=680% Sp

Which seems more realistic when you add the chance of mastery procs?
    Stormkeeper increases the damage BY 200%, not TO 200%, so it should be (136% *3)*2.5 = 1020%

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi View Post
    Stormkeeper increases the damage BY 200%, not TO 200%, so it should be (136% *3)*2.5 = 1020%
    Ahhh i get it now, my bad.

Thats pretty strong then lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    I'm sure the numbers will be just fine (middle of the pack, at best), I'm just wondering if i'm the only one who's disapointed with the elemental talents and spells.
    No you're not the only one. Most talents and traits, especially the major ones, are bad or at least incredibly boring.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2015-12-17 at 01:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I see the route they they had planned from there abilities that they gave us and talents.... i think it is just dumb as shit to tie us as a pet spec with talents like Sons of Flame and the artifact talent that turns our fire ele into a lighting ele (5 min cooldown base line) and not actually have a permanent pet, it again seems as they have no freaking clue as to what the Feck to do with Elemental, Are we a armored mage? Are we a caster hunter? WHAT THE HELL ARE WE BLIZZARD cause currently i am seeing nothing that actually meshes well.

Gust of wind will hopefully be amazing and probably dominate that tree, even if it is crud.
    The counter intuitiveness of the way LvB is going to be makes the talent that gives us 3 charges almost a waste of time.

I just dont get it.
    What are they doing with our AOE cause from what ive seen we will mostly be spamming CL throwing in a Earthquake totem and trying to dump Maelstrom stacks as quick as possible and letting out volcanic fissure pop off of our flameshock and lavabursts....my god is it so hard to make an AOE that doesnt require 5 abailites to actually function properly? (Ye i think they are just trying to make everything as clunky as possible now for ELE to actually give them an idea one what to do with the spec)

I would like to now if Sons of Flame turn to Sons of Lightning or something like that when we reach our trait that turns our fire elemental into a lightning one.

To have a huge lightning elemental assisted by two little fire elementals would be pathetic.

For 3 LBs in a row. Sounds incredibly balanced, no? :P
    Doubt any of those numbers are final, but it points out the general direction.

Stormkeeper should really elevate LB over Lvb, that's the point.

PS: This would mean that we would only cast Stormkeeper right after our weapon proccs.
    Don't see a huge problem unless the weapon proc has like 1.0RPPM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    I'm sure the numbers will be just fine (middle of the pack, at best), I'm just wondering if i'm the only one who's disapointed with the elemental talents and spells. None of them actually sound cool and impressive, Gust of Air and Totemic Fury are the only ones I find slightly interesting and fitting for elemental.

Look at enhancement, and take in account the description/fantasy of both specs.
    How much sense does it make to give enhancement talents like Fury of Air and Earthen Spike? Creating a vortex of air that slows and deals damage sounds like something a ''spellcaster who harnesses the destructive forces of nature and the elements'' would do.

We get shithe like Lightning Rod and Sons of Flame, while Enhancement is summoning storms and calling earth spikes, seems legit.
    fury of air is a perfect ability for a "melee mage" something it should have had long ago

I think ascendance must be a passive choice if it stays as is. Would be an interesting direction, definitely improving our multi target capabilities and a slight sustain increase.

If it is intended as a cooldown with the modifications it provides currently the shaman development team should be fired for sheer incompetence.
    Last edited by desert-wind; 2015-12-18 at 01:10 AM.

Is there an option to choose if your artifact is lightning or lava? or is it linear

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Is there an option to choose if your artifact is lightning or lava? or is it linear
    You've got a choice in the beginning what you want to unlock first but in the end you just unlock everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I noticed our artifact equip bonus got changed again.

-Equip: When you cast Lightning bolt, you have a chance to become supercharged with elemental energy causing your next 3 Lightningbolts to overload two additional times.

To be honest Legion changes for Elemental Shamans look ok, but I guarantee you that Shaman burst dps will still be abysmal. There's no way I'm raiding as an ele sham ever again. I want to be competitive, not a liability.