Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And where is the pool of shadowpriest tears?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's a temple. I'm not sure how temples don't remind you of priests.
    If you would not know this as the priest class hall I am pretty sure literally nobody would say "hey, looks like the priest class hall".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If you would not know this as the priest class hall I am pretty sure literally nobody would say "hey, looks like the priest class hall".
    It looks like a draenei temple...

There's 3 options. Human chapel, night elf temple, or draenei temple. Those are the only priest buildings in WoW.

It is really underwhelming. Instead of a temple worthy of all deities, we got a draenei building.

Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    It is really underwhelming. Instead of a temple worthy of all deities, we got a draenei building.
    That's the thing, isn't it?

If it was, say, the most priest-y place of Dalaran or the Broken Isles, then it would be fine that it didn't represent all races and specs. Instead, Blizzard is calling this place the most important place for all priests in the world, and then it's only logical to find it very lacking thematically.

Same thing for most of the other class halls. They're all too specific for them to be truly representative.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-11-24 at 11:40 AM.

I have mixed feelings. I want more, and not something so... simple...

Quote Originally Posted by powerword-shawarma View Post
    It is really underwhelming.
    Agreed. I was personally hoping for some sort of grassy abbey, with cypress trees, and perhaps a fountain in the center - with each race's "religion/spiritual/scientific" deity/representation scattered around it.

At the very least, something like scarlet monastery. It had the proper balance of horde and alliance, being human race in an undead zone... and it also would of looked a hell of a lot cooler. They could of found some way to twist the lore.

Last edited by TenYearsOfDisc; 2015-11-24 at 07:48 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's still a very WIP for what it seen. We should wait at least for the moment. They could easily expand it and add npcs. Remember, this is the first build of the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by TenYearsOfDisc View Post
    Agreed. I was personally hoping for some sort of grassy abbey, with cypress trees, and perhaps a fountain in the center - with each race's "religion/spiritual/scientific" deity/representation scattered around it.

At the very least, something like scarlet monastery. It had the proper balance of horde and alliance, being human race in an undead zone... and it also would of looked a hell of a lot cooler. They could of found some way to twist the lore.

Isn't 3 class halls being human based enough? Human isn't race neutral, despite what so many people keep pretending.

I don't want to be in ugly alliance hubs.

- - - Updated - - -

I hoped on a Arcane Sanctum, since you spawn priests in there with WC3.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

10+ Year Old Account
    looks alot like auchindoun, doesn't look very finished to me in comparison to the state of a the other classes? excited to see more as it comes

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    looks alot like auchindoun, doesn't look very finished to me in comparison to the state of a the other classes? excited to see more as it comes
    Priest hall does seem the least finished, no doodads or other things. Priest don't have any class followers yet either. I think Blizzard started with demon hunters and paladins with priest at the end of their list.

Deleted
    Maybe it is just my personall prefferences but I think priest and warrior halls are the 2 best

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Way to dark, priest are supposed to be creatures of light for two of our specs, this place needs some brightening. Some Naru presence and beams of light would do the trick.
    Nope. We are supposed to be creatures of both Light and Dark and that has finally been established now in Legion with Holy being light, SHadow being dark and Disc being the balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    I wonder how much of this was originally supposed to be Karabors interior.
    I cant unsee this now..

My biggest problem with it is the layout is too simplistic. I think "Class Hall," I think a hangout for all the homie priests out there, where you go to Do Stuff and just chill. A place with interesting little things you can do, priest-related minigames like pin the scrotum on the choir boy or something.

This is beautiful, and I especially like the shadow area with the black smoke/fire coming from below, but... functionality wise it's just three featureless circular halls. I realize it's unfinished and doodads and things can be added later, but where would they go? The underlying architecture is just so limited.

Like, look at the paladin hall. There's a shit ton of nooks and crannies and interesting character about it.

A zone isn't defined by how great it looks, it's defined by what you can do there. If our Hall is nothing more than the place where a few daily quest NPCs are, then no one's going to go there to hang out. I personally won't feel too ripped off because I'm not looking forward to Class Halls that much. But still.

Deleted
    Here's a video of the priest class hall.

And for comparison, the class halls of other classes.

Yes, the priest one does look extremely unfinished because it's missing all sorts of furniture and statues, but if the others are any indication, it'll be fine. I do really appreciate the different themes. Makes me want to put more effort into playing all the classes (only got two at 100 right now, including two duplicates, so I need to think of something for character slots..).

Was there mention of whether Horde and Alliance share the same hall?
    Last edited by mmoc1156be9017; 2015-11-27 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorless View Post
    They still have time to add all the different "gods" we use the light from. Elune and shitz
    We will only get Naaru, and not gods at all, just look at the name of our teleportion spell... totally breaks my character's RP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should make it so we all spawn in levitating down into the entry room down a long shaft: just to add some Priestly character - can only be reached via levitation

That and despite the implication that it is deep underground, given the levitating down the long shaft - the side rooms should have skylights open to the stars.

In the Disc room it should cast great shafts of light across the room that slowly move over the course of the day, to give it a more dynamic feel (and to create some great light/shadow symbolism).

In the Shadow room it should perpetually be night, and Elune should be eternally visible - to create a bizarre 'out-of-time' feeling where the sun seemingly never rises, and Elune never moves: where Shadows are eternal. The architecture should be something between Night Elven and High Elven - more symbolic of Suramar than Darnassus: this makes the Shadow pool below the platform somewhat like a Moonwell

The centre of the hall should be elongated deeper - into a third Holy room - through which perpetual and very bright blue light glows between the buttresses - really aiming for that Draenei / Holy vibe - except with a French Gothic Cathedral thing (referencing Stormwind / Undead cathedrals, but obviously done up way nicer and bigger now).

This leaves the centre atrium open as a shared space - which is something it looks like we need - since it appears to be one of the smallest class halls at the moment.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    My biggest problem with it is the layout is too simplistic. I think "Class Hall," I think a hangout for all the homie priests out there, where you go to Do Stuff and just chill. A place with interesting little things you can do, priest-related minigames like pin the scrotum on the choir boy or something.
    This.

I was fairly apprehensive about the priest hall before seeing the video, yet now the best I can hope for is that the current model is just a placeholder. Whomever designed this apparently had no idea about its functionality, what makes a location worth visiting, nor of the priest fantasy in WoW.

WTB Paladin or Mage class hall. Call either a monastery and add doodads. Done.