Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Yeah, the fangs could be shorter.
    Like half that length. It would make the face look more catish, not as long.

At the moment it looks like such a hindrance and also this will clip through everything.
    Otherwise, I like the models. Particularly the wooden ones.

Alternatively, could the daggers at least look like fangs if that's what they're supposed to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    They aren't. Each cat form artifact variant has a different base and then 5 color variations just like any other artifact.
    Again I say what are you basing that on exactly? If it's based on info from the hacking of an early beta then I would take that with a truck load of salt if I were you, until Blizzard confirms otherwise I believe each race will still get slightly unique artifact forms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imatapir View Post
    ...Alternatively, could the daggers at least look like fangs if that's what they're supposed to be?
    That I agree with, it seems odd they haven't done that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallfury View Post
    Is it me or does this new model look more like a canine rather than a cat?
    That being said there are certainly some pretty cool models in there. Although i can't see myself using it, the tree-cat is really interesting and unique and it's great that we're finally getting a legit tiger form.
    Each model is reflective of the different races. That one happens to be worgen(muzzle, pointy ears, wolf like). Tree cat is obviously night elf themed, the spectral lion is tauren themed(spirit-y, lion), and the tiger is strongly troll themed. Lastly, the legion themed cat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Again I say what are you basing that on exactly? If it's based on info from the hacking of an early beta then I would take that with a truck load of salt if I were you, until Blizzard confirms otherwise I believe each race will still get slightly unique artifact forms.
    Not likely. Each race is already represented. They'd have to do soooooooo much artwork for just druids. 4 races, 5 artifact forms, 4 colors. That'd be 80 different pieces of art, just for cat. x2 with bear.

I like the white wintersaber looking one but...

I will not be playing anyhow, sadly. All these concepts repel me too much. My character is just my character, not a hero who replaces lore figure X they felt the need to butcher / remove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    ...Not likely. Each race is already represented. They'd have to do soooooooo much artwork for just druids. 4 races, 5 artifact forms, 4 colors. That'd be 80 different pieces of art, just for cat. x2 with bear.
    Well maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, but how different would they have to be? Once they have the basic model for each race it's just a matter of adding a few doodads here and there (different ears, a few feathers here and a bone or two there), that might be oversimplifying it a bit but I don't think it's as much work as some are imagining.

Well maybe it is wishful thinking on my part, but how different would they have to be? Once they have the basic model for each race it's just a matter of adding a few doodads here and there (different ears, a few feathers here and a bone or two there), that might be oversimplifying it a bit but I don't think it's as much work as some are imagining.
    At that point, if it's so minimal, why waste the time to do it? It's still a lot of time/effort to add/change details on so many models for 2 specs. Special enough to get 10 awesome new forms as it is(and colors on top of that).

10+ Year Old Account
    At that point, if it's so minimal, why waste the time to do it? It's still a lot of time/effort to add/change details on so many models for 2 specs. Special enough to get 10 awesome new forms as it is(and colors on top of that).
    Because it's all about the fantasy isn't it, small touches like that is what elevates Blizzard's games above most others, their attention to detail and polish, the fact they rarely do things half arsed (despite how many of the community think otherwise).

If they start homogenising the race/class combos then that would fly in the face of what they are trying to achieve this expansion, isn't feeling unique a massive part of what makes rpg's so popular, it's so built into us as humans because we are all unique, Blizzard gets that. Whether they have the art budget is another thing entirely though.

Maybe I'm wrong and we won't get unique race artifact forms, it just seems that's a backwards step from what we have now, as pretty as the new forms are (especially the owlcat!).

As a minimum the Alliance and Horde forms should be unique, sharing the same forms across faction would be not only disappointing but potentially confusing in pvp.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2015-11-26 at 09:07 PM.

Because it's all about the fantasy isn't it, small touches like that is what elevates Blizzard's games above most others, their attention to detail and polish, the fact they rarely do things half arsed (despite how many of the community think otherwise).

If they start homogenising the race/class combos then that would fly in the face of what they are trying to achieve this expansion, isn't feeling unique a massive part of what makes rpg's so popular, it's so built into us as humans because we are all unique, Blizzard gets that. Whether they have the art budget is another thing entirely though.

Maybe I'm wrong and we won't get unique race artifact forms, it just seems that's a backwards step from what we have now, as pretty as the new forms are (especially the owlcat!).

As a minimum the Alliance and Horde forms should be unique, sharing the same forms across faction would be not only disappointing but potentially confusing in pvp.
    -For PvP, silly argument. Pandas and mercenary mode already contradict that. Red names are red names.
    -No other class gets race unique artifacts. Many artifacts, however, are heavily race themed. Blood elf, night elf, tauren, worgen, etc.
    -They aren't homogenzing druids because of those artifact forms lol.

Think of the forms not as a greater racial cat form, but ascending to a god-like form. You're wielding the Fangs of Ashamane, one of the Wild Gods. You, in essence, become empowered by her spirit.

10+ Year Old Account
    -For PvP, silly argument. Pandas and mercenary mode already contradict that. Red names are red names.
    -No other class gets race unique artifacts. Many artifacts, however, are heavily race themed. Blood elf, night elf, tauren, worgen, etc.
    -They aren't homogenzing druids because of those artifact forms lol.

Think of the forms not as a greater racial cat form, but ascending to a god-like form. You're wielding the Fangs of Ashamane, one of the Wild Gods. You, in essence, become empowered by her spirit.
    You make some good points, maybe you're right, I'm sure you can see why I would still prefer a more Nelf looking Druid cat form than a rainbow punk Troll form, it's the race I chose in the beginning of vanilla after all. I won't quit the game or anything if I don't get what I want, I'm just passionate about my Nelf Druid!

I understand the want for distinguished attributes and something to identify allies and foes. Though this isn't a form. This is a Artifact weapon. I'm thankful they didn't stick us with a staff that I'd never see. Think of it like this, if we were to get this staff, Would it have racial horns and manes and teeth? Probably not. For those who want to be that Panther Night elf. Be that, you can transmog the daggers (Blizz confirmed this) But you don't have to bellyache about something you have the option of changing.

I agree with Aettis, You're elvating above the run of the mill cat, You're no longer a Nelf, Tauren, Troll, Worgen. You're the embodied figure of Ashamane in all of (His/Her) Glory.

But hey, I guess everyone have the right to have grievances and concerns. Just don't think it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruento View Post
    I agree with Aettis, You're elvating above the run of the mill cat, You're no longer a Nelf, Tauren, Troll, Worgen. You're the embodied figure of Ashamane in all of (His/Her) Glory.
    Well ye but the tiger form is clearly Troll themed. I believe that the true Ashamane form is the default one, just like doomhammer and the rest one has certain variations. Like there is draenei off-spin with Doomhammer then there is troll off-spin wtih Ashamane so we have tigers with feathers, bones, and aztec ornaments on plates.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well ye but the tiger form is clearly Troll themed. I believe that the true Ashamane form is the default one, just like doomhammer and the rest one has certain variations. Like there is draenei off-spin with Doomhammer then there is troll off-spin wtih Ashamane so we have tigers with feathers, bones, and aztec ornaments on plates.
    You're correct, they have to have something that appeals to all characters. Suppose that's Ashamane's inner troll

Quote Originally Posted by Cruento View Post
    You're correct, they have to have something that appeals to all characters. Suppose that's Ashamane's inner troll
    I also believe it's some sort of justice, since trolls were given the worst quality-wise catforms. They were far befind when it comes to quality, color schemes were awful, and there barely was any attention to details- they even had night elf eyebrows! Texture was low, and overall it was half-arsed. There is a reason why they were called crack-cats.

The difference is like day and night.

Though, pity that none of those forms got tauren feel to it.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Though, pity that none of those forms got tauren feel to it.
    I'd say putting aside the colours they look like Tauren forms more than any other.

I take it they used the frame-work and body of the Tauren cat.
    Someone in the comments above said:
    The tree-bark cat = Night elf
    Jungle tiger = Troll
    Canine with thorns = Worgen
    Spectral = Tauren

I paraphrased and used none of his wording, but I find that to be true, though I cannot tell how the Spectral one is reminiscent to the Tauren theme, but I know nothing of their lore and can't dispute this argument
    Blizzard may have been trying to appeal to each race by making the artifact thematic to the races. Did they do a good job? By the looks of what people in this forum thinks. No.
    Though I think they did a splendid job.
    Can't wait to Name my tree-bark cat Shaladrassil or Vordrassil (Which ever is available on my server, or whatever slang that still looks like the allusion)

I really don't like the teeth on these new forms does anyone know if you will be able to keep the current cat form when using the artifact weapon?

I also believe it's some sort of justice, since trolls were given the worst quality-wise catforms. They were far befind when it comes to quality, color schemes were awful, and there barely was any attention to details- they even had night elf eyebrows! Texture was low, and overall it was half-arsed. There is a reason why they were called crack-cats.
    Aww, I've always loved the troll cat forms They always seemed more fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Aww, I've always loved the troll cat forms They always seemed more fun to me.
    I love trolls but troll catforms were eyesore to me. They deserved so much more. To this day I have no idea what was that supposed to be. I really hope troll catforms will be redesigned so they're gonna actually look like tigers, have beautiful eyes, and some Aztec-themed additions, feathers, and maybe tiki necklace?

I remember how mad I was when I saw how troll catforms were supposed to look, and how one nelf who was very afraid that trolls will turn out cooler than elves laughed when they were released.

Not only that to have white/blue option you have to roll a troll with pink hair - where is the logic?

I once did some suggestion back while WotLK was on :

I miss Mists of Pandaria

I remember how mad I was when I saw how troll catforms were supposed to look, and how one nelf who was very afraid that trolls will turn out cooler than elves laughed when they were released.
    Well, it depends - I remember people actually race changing to trolls.
    Myself I play a NE Druid and I rolled a Troll druid exclusively because of how awesome I find those models.

Quote Originally Posted by Imatapir View Post
    Well, it depends - I remember people actually race changing to trolls.
    Myself I play a NE Druid and I rolled a Troll druid exclusively because of how awesome I find those models.
    Well the bear forms were nice, the moonkin colors were nice too, But I guess people mostly wanted overall to play as troll druid.

But for troll catforms objectively they're behind other catforms when it comes to quality and they have lots of issues like night elf eyebrows when trolls don't even have an eyebrows. As troll fan it rubs me the wrong way.

To this day I have no idea what amateur did this. And to this day I can't believe blizzard released them this way.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2015-11-30 at 09:16 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria