Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arms (Warrior) shit, or just boring?

Finally decided to level up Warrior, I'm just level 25 or so, but just curious what future holds.
    Everyone's Fury, and I've seen people dissing Arms, but why? Is it because it's easy to play, nothing to master, or just loooooow DPS?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to play. The damage is great in cleave situations, execute is a fantastic tool >20%. But the rotation is plain and not very engaging. That´s all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

And what's so fun about Fury? The fact that Enraging changes what you press, or...?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm usually ranged, dps or healer... being melee is to weird to me

You can't really explain fun, you have to experience it. Maybe level enough to have played the class for more than an hour... Shit is also usually associated with bad dps while boring is associated with bad mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Arms is hard to play, while remaining awake.

Deleted
    I'm a die hard arms warrior who thinks fury sucks..
    Arms warrior is, and have been for a few years for me, the most fun spec and class. But then again, I also like arcane mages.
    Arms are so much fun for pvp - and the down part (for me) are getting fixed in Legion.
    If you want an idea of how arms warrior perform in endgame pvp right now, then go to YouTube.com and search Bajheera. He got both fury and arms warrior in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    And what's so fun about Fury? The fact that Enraging changes what you press, or...?
    Personally I wouldn't refer to fury in comparison to arms as "so fun" at least if you have the current tier sets. Otherwise arms probably is the worst spec of all I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    I'm a die hard arms warrior who thinks fury sucks..
    Arms warrior is, and have been for a few years for me, the most fun spec and class. But then again, I also like arcane mages.
    Arms are so much fun for pvp - and the down part (for me) are getting fixed in Legion.
    If you want an idea of how arms warrior perform in endgame pvp right now, then go to YouTube.com and search Bajheera. He got both fury and arms warrior in pvp.
    I cant stand that guy. he puts out videos every day and its hard to find any videos of pvp that aren't him because he floods youtube with em. Hes good and all I guess but I just cant stand his voice and "enthusiasm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I cant stand that guy. he puts out videos every day and its hard to find any videos of pvp that aren't him because he floods youtube with em. Hes good and all I guess but I just cant stand his voice and "enthusiasm"
    There is also Evylyn , asmongold and Swifty ( Swifty is more Prot or fury pvp)
    Personally I like Bajheera and his videos - seems like a nice guy all the way

It's completely lacking in any variation or complexity. That makes it easy to play and easy to master (the skill delta between hitting the right buttons at the right time and just mashing the keyboard is distressingly low), and as a result the current state of the spec is dull as shit.

The fact that it does really good, sustained dps despite the total absence of interesting gameplay just compounds the problem.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2015-11-25 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    There is also Evylyn , asmongold and Swifty ( Swifty is more Prot or fury pvp)
    Personally I like Bajheera and his videos - seems like a nice guy all the way
    Bajh is a very good and enthusiastic person, sometimes maybe a bit too much.

They are fun in PVP, well by fun I mean executes which does shit tons of damage.

Otherwise, eeeeh not really. They are fun at start when you pop everything, but then it's mostly wait for things to come off cooldown which is just boring gameplay, especially with a boring filler.

Yeah, it's not so much that Fury is great, it's that Arms without set gear does really lackluster damage (Whirlwind spam = AIDS), and then once you have the set gear it's laughably simple to play because you just spam MS and CS, although that can be fun in its own way (and TBH not like Fury is much better in this regard, but at least you sort of have to pay attn).
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I like Arms more than Fury, single target dps is roughly the same. Arms is better on Cleave, Fury is better on AOE. All Warrior specs are poor on single target and scale poorly so the difference becomes larger and more noticable with gear, but they can still hold their own so long as there is something to cleave, to bladestorm or to execute.

As for fun, pretty subjective.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    Arms is boring as hell.

It's not shit, it's just boring. Multi-target "rotation" isn't too bad - single target is abysmal.

For people who've been playing it forever, the most visceral change has been having it go from the highest APM spec in the game at the end of Cataclysm to one of the lowest now.

I think one major issue is rage as a common resource mechanic for both Arms and Fury. It feels fine for Fury. It's extremely volatile for Arms, given the slow swings and the reliance on auto crits to fill up the bar; it makes for fairly reliable (and frustrating) pauses in play.

Arms should have a more elaborate builder/spender system, I think that would be more suited to the kind of attacks the spec has and the "fantasy" they're apparently trying to build towards.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Deleted
    WW spam is annoying for pve. But with Legion we will get other /better things to use as filler. And with slam having 20% chance to reset CS ( if they don't remove it) arms will change in pve gameplay. We will also get cleave back, and overpower as a talent - if blizzard dosnt make a 180 flip
    Alot of great changes coming for those that dosnt like arms in its current state. But also great changes for me, and I even prefers arms over fury as it is now !

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUK View Post
    I think you should watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0SjQZCB5iU.
    Asmongold is hilarious, as usual
    But I don't really see the problem, well sure it might be meh playing LFR / Normal mode, or just farming same bosses for 100th time, but progressing? This is the dream... Being able to focus 99% on the fight and 1% on rotation is good! But maybe I'm just saying that because my first melee was Enh Shaman... you can imagine...

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    But I don't really see the problem, well sure it might be meh playing LFR / Normal mode, or just farming same bosses for 100th time, but progressing? This is the dream... Being able to focus 99% on the fight and 1% on rotation is good! But maybe I'm just saying that because my first melee was Enh Shaman... you can imagine...
    The way I have always looked at it is that any rotation will be dull/boring if you're standing behind Patchwerk for eight minutes, but thankfully we don't really have hardly any boring fights in WoD (outside of LFR ofc). The design of Arms is basically that it does weaker DPS than Fury/Gladiator until 20% where it goes into nuclear meltdown, and this is quite beneficial in progression as many bosses get significantly harder sub 30% (Tyrant even takes bonus damage at low HP).

The only thing I would say I "hate" about Arms currently is having to keep Rend up, it's the worst most pointless Warrior ability in the game and I can' wait for it to go away in Legion, adding it to arms in Wotlk was a massive mistake, making it passive in Cata was great and removing it in MoP was even better. Why they brought it back for WoD I cannot fathom.