Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    We have already lost, if that wasn't apparent. We have failed ourselves and our society. At this point, to me, how much more needs to go wrong?
    Stop the doom and gloom in general its pretty damn fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    That's outdated now and is being used against us. Its a weakness that they are exploiting.
    As if, we will cash in the negative white guilt creds big time.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-12-05 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Winter Blossom is the only person I've ever ignored on this forum, which is pointless because I always see her garbage posts being argued with by more sensible forum goers.
    I think you are in the wrong thread, this isn't the crying thread. Only real men never put people on ignore, begone.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Stop the doom and gloom in general its pretty damn fine.

As if, we will cash in the negative white guilt creds big time.
    Fine? We are fighting battles thousand miles away, when right next door we have the murder capital of the world. Mexico then also funnels in crime and hardcore drugs, while we battle ourselves and imprison ourselves over it. We have become the imprisoned society and it's on purpose.

It's not doom and gloom it's reality. That is the reality we are living. I'm so sick of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Fine? We are fighting battles thousand miles away, when right next door we have the murder capital of the world. Mexico then also funnels in crime and hardcore drugs, while we battle ourselves and imprison ourselves over it. We have become the imprisoned society and it's on purpose.

It's not doom and gloom it's reality. That is the reality we are living. I'm so sick of it.
    Mexico isn't your problem bet we will still have less crime with people from somalia, Iraq afghanistan and syria over the next decades?

You have different prioritys either you change them or take the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kill four people, go directly to prison. For life. Or at the VERY least 15 years(Given he was a 'minor' feh.) and a warning that if the stupid little shit touches alcohol EVER again once he steps out his ass isn't even going to see prison the next time. He gets taken out behind the courthouse and shot. And whatever idiot judge bought into this 'affluenza' thing should be suffocated by having wads of money stuffed into his throat. Namely the money he was bought with.

Yes. I've lost a friend to a drunk driver before and I'm fucking mad years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Kill four people, go directly to prison. For life. Or at the VERY least 15 years(Given he was a 'minor' feh.) and a warning that if the stupid little shit touches alcohol EVER again once he steps out his ass isn't even going to see prison the next time. He gets taken out behind the courthouse and shot. And whatever idiot judge bought into this 'affluenza' thing should be suffocated by having wads of money stuffed into his throat. Namely the money he was bought with.

Yes. I've lost a friend to a drunk driver before and I'm fucking mad years later.
    I agree that's why I think its fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Mexico isn't your problem bet we will still have less crime with people from somalia, Iraq afghanistan and syria over the next decades?

You have different prioritys either you change them or take the consequences.

I'll take the consequences. My priority is the preservation of my family. It's getting harder and harder to that. Not because of Life and shit happens. Preventable shit that no one if taking responsibility for, like this fucking kid.

We have a tremendous amount of fixable problems that aren't being solved, because the government doesn't want to actually fix it. Mexico is one step away from being abandoned like Syria. US doesn't want to deal with it, and all the refugee. Trump is all about just building a wall and ignoring it. Hiding from it like a scared little puss. Shit if you think about it, most of the illegals are basically refugees. The Mexican government is no different that any middle east bullshit.

This kid's fiasco is a symptom of a much larger and very fixable problem we are unwilling to solve.

It's a failed system and we are clinging to it like a sinking boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that's why I think its fake.
    I'd LOVE to believe this was fake. But I could swear I heard the story on a few channels/on a few sites. Maybe I'm high and just remembering a similar story. The rich get off freely so often the stories begin to bleed together. This one just hits particularly close. In a just world this couldn't be anything OTHER than fake. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    I'd LOVE to believe this was fake. But I could swear I heard the story on a few channels/on a few sites. Maybe I'm high and just remembering a similar story. The rich get off freely so often the stories begin to bleed together. This one just hits particularly close. In a just world this couldn't be anything OTHER than fake. :/
    Thing that strikes me as it being fake is him violating his probation.

Let's be honest, anyone in their right mind would think a fuckin guardian angel was watching over them if they got away with 4 counts of murder. You wouldn't dare violate your probation.

Then again, anyone in their right minds wouldn't even need a court ruling never to touch alcohol again. The guilt from being responsible for the deaths of 4 people would be enough to make you feel sick just looking at booze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post

Let's be honest, anyone in their right mind would think a fuckin guardian angel was watching over them if they got away with 4 counts of murder. You wouldn't dare violate your probation.

Then again, anyone in their right minds wouldn't even need a court ruling never to touch alcohol again. The guilt from being responsible for the deaths of 4 people would be enough to make you feel sick just looking at booze.
    That's no joke. killing four people would DESTROY most sane people. Like.. I wouldn't wish that on someone I hated with all of my being. But again, rich kid. Bit more believable when the person is raised with so much money normal people barely register as existing unless they're scrubbing your ass for you. And buying judges isn't unheard of. But..yeah. It DOES sound a bit insane to get off so light for that unless you're upwards of trump levels of rich.

What makes me think its fake is because of the afluenza defense. It screams of the now popular "white privilege". I believe it was maybe something on a bucket list to stir racial tensions, "by any means necessary". Unfortunately for the masterminds behind this, its similar to one of wily coyotes plots to stop the road runner.

What makes me think its fake is because of the afluenza defense. It screams of the now popular "white privilege". I believe it was maybe something on a bucket list to stir racial tensions, "by any means necessary". Unfortunately for the masterminds behind this, its similar to one of wily coyotes plots to stop the road runner.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2nkCbdqip

If " white privilege " was a real thing, that is probably what it would look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never underestimate how dense/stupid/irresponsible people (teenagers especially) can be. I've made that mistake all too often... Not to mention how selfish/unaware of others they can be.

I don't have the words to express myself accurately enough to describe what I think about this Ethan Couch, so let's just call it frustration & disappointment at his lack of responsibility. The sad thing is, his behaviour isn't exactly uncommon.

I ran into a former student of mine about 10 years ago (I'm a driving instructor) who caused an accident. Long story short: He took a right turn and knocked a lady with her infant off her bicylce, damaging the bike, his car and causing both her and her child minor injuries. The thing he got upset about most was him being fined on top of having to pay for the damage (which was handled trough insurance). I was shocked by his response. Especially because I thought of him as one of the most talented drivers-to-be I had met. He was still 18 at that time (18 was the legal limit to start learning to drive here).

Has America considered a justice system?

(Jokes I'm from the UK we got our own issues )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Because criminals who get away without punishment never repeat their crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think the (incidently utterly backward-ass) approach towards alcohol related traffic incidents is that they are "accidental" and that somehow dimishes responsibility (and not the more appropriate 'you're a god-damn murderer and should be treated as such' approach we should be taking towards it). As in "this criminal didn't set out to commit a crime" (ha, bullshit!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I think the (incidently utterly backward-ass) approach towards alcohol related traffic incidents is that they are "accidental" and that somehow dimishes responsibility (and not the more appropriate 'you're a god-damn murderer and should be treated as such' approach we should be taking towards it). As in "this criminal didn't set out to commit a crime" (ha, bullshit!)
    This kid is the definition of negligent. He and the judge who released him on probation after a private court-room meeting with his parents both set out to perpetuate a crime against the rest of us.

Where's the power-hungry cops who say what the law is? Oh, they're busy arresting black teenagers.

he should be serving four sentences for manslaughter. id say that should be atleast 8 years in prison, regardless of his wealth and age. it seems like he doesnt learn when hes done this twice already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    This guy isn't a psychopath. He's an idiot kid. Psychopaths repeat their crimes because they are mentally ill. You'd think this kid would learn from his mistakes after dodging lifetime imprisonment.

You'd have to be a next-level idiot to be perfectly sane and violate your probation considering he doesn't deserve probation in the first place.

You'd have to be a next-level idiot to be perfectly sane and violate your probation considering he doesn't deserve probation in the first place.
    Or just a rich kid who realizes he is, in fact, above the law.

Not that he somehow got lucky, but that he obviously paid his way out of it. I'm sure his parents have more money.

You're the one clinging to the delusion that he's going to face justice, he's the one living in the reality where he isn't going to.