Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What happened to the "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    While a massive tool, the guy doesn't have a history of violence or seem like a threat to the state or its citizenry, so petitions like this don't sit right with me.

I'm something of a free speech 'fundamentalist' (as ridiculous a statement as that is), so I think hate speech is kind of a shitty construct. Unless someone is calling for the assault or murder of specific people, I say let them spew their bile and show just what kind of people they are. The public should be given the respect to hear and dismiss them on their own.
    He has said he thinks that we should kill people's families and children.
    Thats an incitement to violence.
    He has said he wants to lock them up in camps, and keep databases of them.
    Thats racial hatred.

He is a vile hate preacher who we don't want in our country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    What happened to the "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?
    And you can say what you want in your own country. We dont have to let you in here to say it.

If you think about it, if England started banning all gits from the country Europe may just have another refugee crisis on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    lol, you euros kinda look weak with stuff like this

it's basically "LALALA I DUN WANNA HEAR THINGS I DON'T AGREE WITH LALALA"
    It's 100000 people from one country. I bet there's more than that in the US who'd be ready to impeach Obama because he's a secret muslim commi.

If Trump is what America needs, then it's really bad... and if we can't even see what we're really dealing with, then we're even further gone.

Wake up, stop playing political correct games, call a wolf what it is -- when your dead and bleeding would too late.

Those that faill to learn the lessons of the past are heading straight into repeating them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It's 100000 people from one country. I bet there's more than that in the US who'd be ready to impeach Obama because he's a secret muslim commi.
    and want to send him back to his native nigeria.....um.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Who is being a hypocrite?
    Our government, for starters.

Nonetheless there is something in poor taste in regards to everyone invoking Godwin's Law when it comes to Trump. Only last night, on Newsnight, we had Evan Davis and a commentator were entertaining the ludicrous idea that Trump will be (or is) the next Hitler. I'm pretty sure there's a body whose job is to ensure the BBC's impartiality; they should really get to work, particularly when one bears in mind the fact that it's taxpayer-funded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    lol, you euros kinda look weak with stuff like this

it's basically "LALALA I DUN WANNA HEAR THINGS I DON'T AGREE WITH LALALA"

as much as i want free shit from bernie, and don't want a republican to undo the social progress we've made over the last 7 years... i almost want trump to win, because he pisses off so many whiny, bitchy fucks.
    So you think Europeans look weak because 100,000 are saying they don't want Trump in the UK, but not Trump who doesn't want any Muslims going to the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Thats an incitement to violence.
    He has said he wants to lock them up in camps, and keep databases of them.
    Thats racial hatred.

He is a vile hate preacher who we don't want in our country.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can say what you want in your own country. We dont have to let you in here to say it.
    So, England has given away from its freedom of speech already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    The Government haven't said they don't want Trump in the country, so how are they being hypocrites?

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will ban a potential president.

You see with Trump and Corbyn - I know exactly where they stand.

One appears the fool but is far wiser than he seems
    The other appears wise and in his own eyes, but is a blind fool

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump isn't English, he has no rights within the UK if he isn't in the UK.

They should, but they won't. It's not how it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post

Nonetheless there is something in poor taste in regards to everyone invoking Godwin's Law when it comes to Trump. Only last night, on Newsnight, we had Evan Davis and a commentator were entertaining the ludicrous idea that Trump will be (or is) the next Hitler. I'm pretty sure there's a body whose job is to ensure the BBC's impartiality; they should really get to work, particularly when one bears in mind the fact that it's taxpayer-funded.
    Best comment i read in reply to Trump's latest comments was "His speeches sound much better in the original German". Made me lol.

Deleted
    The number of votes probably has nothing to do with his Political views and aspirations. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of those signing are the same conservationists who object to his building of golf courses in Scotland.

Didn't you get the memo? People's feelings matter more than priceless liberties.

This whole effort is ironically similar to the specious 'No Platform(ing)' argument, only on a nationwide basis. The small consolation is that these petitions never really achieve much beyond making their signatories feel good about themselves for all of 5 minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that statement. Yeah, that's sketch as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I doubt they will ban a potential president.
    Hahahaha. Trump will not be the president ... He's not even potentially going to be the president. He's using all his muscle to stay in the race, spewing this nonsense to keep coverage of his campaign going. He knows he has little to no support, but if he makes enough noise, people will worry he might do.

Deleted
    freedom of speech is not without limits in a civilised society. We ban hate preachers from comming here, and Trump falls squarely into that category.

And before you get all pious, lets quote Trump "those that complain about loss of freedom of speech are just being naive" (Ok, I'm paraphrasing to make it into comprehensible English, but thats what he said".