Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mace Stun is back :)

Talents
    Abomination's Might (New) Your Obliterate critical strikes have a chance to drive enemies to their knees, stunning them for 2 sec. Frost Death Knight - Level 60 Talent.

Sounds funny... random RNG stun. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Talents
    Abomination's Might (New) Your Obliterate critical strikes have a chance to drive enemies to their knees, stunning them for 2 sec. Frost Death Knight - Level 60 Talent.

It really sounds like they are turning frost into a really great PvP spec. However I don't care for PvP...I want it to be a great PvE spec.

there is also a disorientate, so it would be nice if we could make the assumption that these won't DR with intended stuns etc.. otherwise you basically remove all chance to do arena. seems obvious, but you never know :P

All i read is another wasted talent slot to force us to his a shitty attack when everything else outweights obl (yes alpha is alpha but history has tend to repeat itself many times with frost).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Wasn't there a talent in a previous build that gave Obliterate an additional 30% damage as frost damage? That was meant to help with scaling and all? Is it baseline now or is it gone?

While I think that talent itself is rather lackluster it's nice to see more CC options on DK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It really sounds like they are turning frost into a really great PvP spec. However I don't care for PvP...I want it to be a great PvE spec.
    Unholy's necrotic strike and crypt fever says hello

- - - Updated - - -

It seems in this build asphyxiate is a big no no, and strangulate is gone? Or for some reason it's not in the skillset on wowhead at the moment. Also desecrated ground is gone and march of the damned is blood only, so DK's will now be on par with other dps'es when it comes to trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    It seems in this build asphyxiate is a big no no, and strangulate is gone? Or for some reason it's not in the skillset on wowhead at the moment. Also desecrated ground is gone and march of the damned is blood only, so DK's will now be on par with other dps'es when it comes to trinkets.
    How exactly Asphyxiate is a big no no? It may be useful in some trash packs and most of the PvP situations.
    Strangulate is a PvP talent for Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by chilblains View Post
    How exactly Asphyxiate is a big no no? It may be useful in some trash packs and most of the PvP situations.
    Strangulate is a PvP talent for Blood.
    Asphyxiate is now channeled

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Asphyxiate is now channeled
    Interesting. Maybe they allow us cast other spells or atleast move while channeling idk. We'll see how it goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talents

There are guaranteed crits with KM, but as you can see below left row rewards crit very well.

Frost strike Crit bonus
    KM/Rune energize
    More crit, more pillar
    Crit Obli stun
    A rune ability with weapon damage, independant from KM, rewarding crit more
    Obliterate 1 rune, still rewarding Crit more since you'll be spamming it during duration.

Also artifact trait had obliterate crit damage bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    There are guaranteed crits with KM, but as you can see below left row rewards crit very well.

Frost strike Crit bonus
    KM/Rune energize
    More crit, more pillar
    Crit Obli stun
    A rune ability with weapon damage, independant from KM, rewarding crit more
    Obliterate 1 rune, still rewarding Crit more since you'll be spamming it during duration.

Also artifact trait had obliterate crit damage bonus.
    It's still an RNG stun because it's a chance on crit, not when it crits

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I dont care about pve.. so gg

Talents

Why in the world is this in the PvE talent tree?!

You could argue that an AE blind and controlled stun can be useful in PvE, although to be honest not very useful. Not great PvE talents to be sure. But a RNG stun-- that has no real PvE utility outside of being a neat leveling perk.

Also, very disappointed to see that Frostscythe costs runes rather than runic power. Frost already has an AE ability costing runes, Howling Blast. Such a missed opportunity.

Very happy to see that Runic Empowerment and Runic Corruption are no longer talents. Sad to see Blood Tap go, though. It had real potential.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-12-16 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talents

It sucks and is really boring. But then again so is the rest in that talent row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Why in the world is this in the PvE talent tree?!

You could argue that an AE blind and controlled stun can be useful in PvE, although to be honest not very useful. Not great PvE talents to be sure. But a RNG stun-- that has no real PvE utility outside of being a neat leveling perk.
    I don't think there's much to argue about whether a mass-blind/stun is useful for dungeons/challenge modes or not. A random single target stun might be, well, random and therefore less useful, but can still be neat depending on the setup. There's more to PvE than raids in Legion. Hopefully.

I said they were PvE talents, just not great ones.

A random stun, on the other hand, simply isn't useful in PvE. Not solely because bosses are immune (although they are) but because it's not controllable and you can mess up tank positioning, etc, on difficult trash. It's a clear PvP talent.

There are a number of questionable talents in the PvE DK trees. Unholy still has Asphyxiate, except now it lasts 6s and is channeled. Blood has a talent making DnD proc a random short-duration incapacitate, and another one that grants immunity to snares and crowd-control. All pretty bordeline for PvE, don't you think?

The DK PvP talent panel is largely immune to this stuff. Yes, a lot of the abilities could be useful in PvE because they deal damage or offer survivability, but they're all useful in PvP too. The only remotely questionable one is Anti-Magic Zone, and my negative reaction there might simply be because I want it for PvE.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-12-16 at 08:56 PM.

Seeing as we just got a total overhaul of the DK talents in sure things will change a bit more in the next few builds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since that's a PvE talent, and not a PvP one.... don't think so, mate.
    disco inferno

Unholy has an entire dps tier at 60 and frost has an entire c/c/utility tier instead.

I thought march of the damned was horrible but it got worse.