Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trailer looks really shit. Hopefully the sex scene is a misdirection.

Ridley Scott, dont be a grumpy old hack now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the dude waiting in the hallway to give the lead chick a gun as she runs past. /barf

I want to see a movie where aliens predators and engineers fight

ugh, a sex scene. lovely. pointless romance ruins this kind of movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4462546/

Is going to. Or is there new information stating that the project has been cancelled?

Personally, Ridley Scott seems to be so incredibly detached from the world, from his fans, from the Alien franchise and it's lore, that I seriously just can't get on board of this Prometheus hype train. Scott basically took what Alien fans have loved for years, in the Alien movies, in the Alien vs Predator -world, be it the games or the movies, in the comic books, and so on, and took a big shit on all of it. Yeah OK Scott, it's "your story", that you basically plagiarized yourself from someone else's story (van Vogt's Black Destroyer), so go ahead and do with it whatever you want. However, there's a huge fanbase for the original Alien franchise.

Then again, Scott is producing Alien 5, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how this all goes.
    Alien vs predator took more of a shit on the Alien's franchise than anything that Prometheus did. Those movies are terrible... It was passable as a video game but as movies they are turds.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Meh Alien 3 is criminally underrated, it just had the misfortune of following Aliens and everyone's expectation of an action movie instead of a horror movie. It had the deepest characters of any of the films. Also all the hallmarks of a David Fincher film, dark, broody, and thoughtful.

I like Scotts work because of his visuals, he's basically a glorified commercial director. When it comes to character and theme development he's completely at the mercy of his script. Watching the behind the scenes extras, Scott spends more talking on the hubcaps on prop vehicles than character motivations.

I do take some heart that John Logan contributed to the script for Covenant. Penny Dreadful was his baby for the past 3 years. It had some of the best writing on TV, standing out among so many other great shows currently out there.
    I think another part of why Alien 3 is thought of so badly is due to how much Resurrection seems to go out of it's way to invalidate it. Not to mention it was the only time a Runner breed xeno was used as opposed to the standard warrior/drone flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw the new trailer... and lost all hope. Looks to be too much of a repeat of Prometheus. Basically all the "scientist" characters go on a planet and make some really bad decisions.
    Lets wander on an alien planet without protective gear and get infected!

I hated that plot the first time I saw it. Looks like Ridley is damn successful he can't be bothered to learn from his mistakes. So glad the new Blade Runner got handed off to a new director.

I dont mind charaters making bad decisions because circumstances(plot) forces their hand. But when characters make bad decisions out of the blue... to create a plot device. Thats just bad writing/directing.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2016-12-28 at 06:23 AM.

Well, yeah. But if all explorers acted smart, there'd be nothing to advance the plot.

If anything, this trailer is guilty of putting too much of the plot in to it. Too bad they just can not recycle the trailer for the original Alien.

Ridley Scott just needs to remember what made Alien a success, instead of pushing this "Lets put idiotic scientists/engineers/explorers in to space and see how well they do" plot. Matter of fact, I believe that is exactly what is going on, Weyland already knows what is on these planets, and they are intentionally sending the most stupidest assholes to them to see what happens.

Sure Caine, from the original movie was dumb in the fact that he leaned over to look at the open egg sack, but he made the foolish assumption that his helmet would have protected him from anything that could have happened. Prometheus? "Oh, the air is breatheable, lets take off our helmets." Alien bacteria says hello, although this is not what exactly killed the crew, but still a stupid thing to do. Even certain places on Earth isn't 100% clean enough to breathe and not catch any airborne bacteria. For goodness sake, keep your helmet on! You are scientists, not tourists. Never assume something is safe just because the small device you have says the air is breathable.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2016-12-28 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Ridley Scott just needs to remember what made Alien a success, instead of pushing this "Lets put idiotic scientists/engineers/explorers in to space and see how well they do" plot.
    Isn't that the plot of every Alien movie?

Deleted
    Good reaction by Grace

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks bad, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Isn't that the plot of every Alien movie?
    Well, I meant total idiots, like the Prometheus crew. The Nostromo only real idiots were Caine who knelt over the egg sack, and the android who thought violating quarantine protocol was a good idea. But then again, the droid had an agenda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Just saw the new trailer... and lost all hope. Looks to be too much of a repeat of Prometheus. Basically all the "scientist" characters go on a planet and make some really bad decisions.
    Lets wander on an alien planet without protective gear and get infected!

I hated that plot the first time I saw it. Looks like Ridley is damn successful he can't be bothered to learn from his mistakes. So glad the new Blade Runner got handed off to a new director.

I dont mind charaters making bad decisions because circumstances(plot) forces their hand. But when characters make bad decisions out of the blue... to create a plot device. Thats just bad writing/directing.
    Dude we have send ppl to the moon with just suits so they can breath without weapons.
    Its pretty normal that humans dont see danger when there is no reason to be alarmed, just that you know its an alien movie dont mean they do.

Also a company is sending them to the planet that want to have the alien, may they told them the planet is save.

I mean nobody knows the plot but you act like you figured it out by 2 min footage.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did say protective gear, not necessarily guns, the moon is also vastly different than a planet with a full eco system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He did say protective gear, not necessarily guns, the moon is also vastly different than a planet with a full eco system.
    Would most likely not even make a difference in the Alien universe since the Aliens (and maybe even the spores) have acid as blood (weapon).
    The facehuggers also just spit theselfs into helmets.

You know what normal suits would have protected these stupid fucks against? The spores we see in the trailer. Well, that and not stepping on every thing they come across.

But like I said previously, if everyone in these movies acted more intelligently, there'd be more survivors. But then the plot would never progress, but there's the fine line between "this one guy screws up everything for everyone" and "everyone is a moron and they get what they deserve." Which is what happened in Prometheus.

And that is coming from someone who actually likes Prometheus.

Xeno were created as a WMD and Covenant is about who made them and why.

People are probably going to rage about this video because Ridley thinks Prometheus was a masterpiece or sum shit like that. But I thought parts of this interview was interesting.

Deleted
    This is a gif made of the 'neo-morph' in the trailer

I'm not sure if I got any wiser

Deleted
    Whole crew picture, more stuff promised for tomorrow, new trailer

Whenever I see photos that show the whole "cast" or "crew" all it tells me is the total body count is probably going to be everyone in the photo minus 1 and on some occasions, even the 1 dies.

Its actually more refreshing when an ending has many people surviving instead of the cliche lone survivor trope.

The everyone dies trope is getting played out as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Whenever I see photos that show the whole "cast" or "crew" all it tells me is the total body count is probably going to be everyone in the photo minus 1 and on some occasions, even the 1 dies.

Its actually more refreshing when an ending has many people surviving instead of the cliche lone survivor trope.

The everyone dies trope is getting played out as well.
    I said, "Man, thats a lot of dead people".

Resident Cosplay Progressive