Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    You using normal or US date there? ( is it august or January?)
    They're referencing Dec. 27th stuff, so Jan makes more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Hillary Clinton wants to bring Sharia Law to America...vote for Hillary is a vote for the death of Christmas!

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2015-12-21 at 05:43 AM.

It's their own country, them deciding how they want it run is their business. Vote with your feet if you don't like it in Brunei.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

This just means Santa can visit my house a little earlier this year by skipping Brunei!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

People keep being "but it's 2015". It's amusing to me that in the Islamic World it literally isn't. They measure their calendars from when Muhammad left Mecca, a significant event in their religion's history, so it's more like 1437 by their calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    And Hillary Clinton wants to bring Sharia Law to America...vote for Hillary is a vote for the death of Christmas!
    Where do you even get those levels of bullshit from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    People keep being "but it's 2015". It's amusing to me that in the Islamic World it literally isn't. They measure their calendars from when Muhammad left Mecca, a significant event in their religion's history, so it's more like 1437 by their calendars.
    And their cultural values reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    It's their own country, them deciding how they want it run is their business. Vote with your feet if you don't like it in Brunei.
    That's not how human rights work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    This doesn't make any sense. Santa Claus is not a religious icon. Heck, you can even say that Christmas itself was hijacked and turned from a christian holiday into a capitalist one.

But then again... Brunei is an Conservative Islamic country so there is no surprise that logic is incompatible with their society.

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. Santa Claus is not a religious icon. Heck, you can even say that Christmas itself was hijacked and turned from a christian holiday into a capitalist one.

But then again... Brunei is an Conservative Islamic country so there is no surprise that logic is incompatible with their society.
    You can even say Christmas was hijacked and turned into a Christian holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    I am being sarcastic. Because look at all the "Islam" lead nations. Now the more moderate south asian ones are starting to stone and decapitate people.

Truly a religion of peace and tolerance.
    It depends on what is taken out of it. The majority of the religion does not advocate terrorism, just like the majority of Christianity does not but, in its past, has done similar things in law for various nations, among other things.

Any religion can be turned into this. Any faction can be twisted into a terroristic regime to give power to the few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    It depends on what is taken out of it. The majority of the religion does not advocate terrorism, just like the majority of Christianity does not but, in its past, has done similar things in law for various nations, among other things.

Any religion can be turned into this. Any faction can be twisted into a terroristic regime to give power to the few.
    Yes, but some tools are better than others.

I actually learned that certain christians (I think it was the really uptight puritans) did the same thing because they thought the celebrations borrowed too much from the pagans.

It's still rather silly. At this point it's not even recognizable as a religious holiday outside of church.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That's rather hard to do when you get murdered if you try to flee Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post

Well, technically he is in a sense. Christmas has less to do with Santa and more to do with the birth of Jesus Christ though. Saint Nicholas was an actual Saint from Ireland though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    But guys, it's the current year!
    That's true. Stating the current year is a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbrand View Post
    Religion of Peace.
    Peaceful farmers, peaceful farmers.

It's getting pretty out of hand in a lot of places now. Quite scary really.

I hear Obama is doing this next.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    It is their country and we are not the world police so let them run their country the way that their people see fit.
    I agree with this. Besides, they do not have a Constitution I am sure which guarantees them freedom of religion. So what should we expect from such a country?