Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made slight improvements to a few of the Class mounts, but mainly because of racial differences (Grand Exarch's Elekk and Sunwalker's Kodo) in Cataclysm. I would like that same treatment for the rest of the Class mounts, as well as updated textures and special effects.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

It definitely needs a texture update but it's extremely unlikely they will ever bother adding one. Blizzard doesn't like warlocks, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    Blizzard made slight improvements to a few of the Class mounts, but mainly because of racial differences (Grand Exarch's Elekk and Sunwalker's Kodo) in Cataclysm. I would like that same treatment for the rest of the Class mounts, as well as updated textures and special effects.
    Except that there are only 3 classes in the game that actually have class mounts.
    DKs have 2 - one ground, one flying
    Warlocks have 1 - The dreadsteed
    Paladins have like a dozen - i jest, but seriously, they have like 5 different paladin only ground mounts, which is crazy....

Now, if you are talking about overhauling the RACIAL mounts, that is a tough one, seeing as we already have like 2 dozen variants on just about every concievably version of the racials.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Warlocks have two..... The Felsteed. These were well before any such flying was introduced.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5784/felsteed

Like the Pally mounts, the Dreadsteed was initially only available after completing a quest chain. Was so disappointed when Blizz had done a 180 in allowing everyone access.

The achieve: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2...teed-of-xoroth
    Last edited by Rockford; 2016-01-01 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Warlocks have two..... The Felsteed. These were well before any such flying was introduced.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=5784/felsteed

Like the Pally mounts, the Dreadsteed was initially only available after completing a quest chain. Was so disappointed when Blizz had done a 180 in allowing everyone access.

The achieve: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2...teed-of-xoroth
    Ohh, right. Forgot about the felsteed. Slipped my mind because it is the bargin bin "dreadsteed light" that you get as as the base level riding mount. I guess I was only thinking about the level 60 / high level class mounts, since almost nobody actually uses the ghetto versions of most mounts once they get the better ones.

I highly doubt they will ever add another class type mount in that way nor actually upgrading class mounts since very few have them. With recent legendarys and now artifact weapons they are trying to tone out the whole class specific stuff like class mounts which were taken out long ago anyway leaving the few that were already here. And its not like they will likely ever add in the same stuff that did with lock and paladin mount quest for a class specific mount with the way they have over simplified 99% of the game and cater to every single player rather than make people really work for something.

Deleted
    Too much work, after all they are just a small indie company barely making enough top cover the costs.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except that there are only 3 classes in the game that actually have class mounts.
    DKs have 2 - one ground, one flying
    Paladins have like a dozen - i jest, but seriously, they have like 5 different paladin only ground mounts, which is crazy....

Now, if you are talking about overhauling the RACIAL mounts, that is a tough one, seeing as we already have like 2 dozen variants on just about every concievably version of the racials.
    Just like to mention that the DK flying mount is a bought one, not a quest reward (in the old days) or automatically learned (now), hence i don't consider it the same as Paladin/Warlock mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I wish it was a bigger size for worgen males but it still looks pretty bad ass.
    And Male Orcs. PLEASE. It's been bugging me for over 10 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    Seeing Deathknights on their mounts makes me a bit jealous and I imagine Demon Hunters will be even better with their Felsabers, do you think Blizzard would ever consider upgrading the Fel and Dreadsteed and ofcourse the Paladin Chargers? They are usually quite reluctant to commit resources to model upgrades.
    Warlock class mounts are the coolest mounts in the game. I just wished they were flyable, I would only have the dreadsteed.

15+ Year Old Account
    The two mounts that could be the answer to "What would be a cool warlock flying mount?" are the Headless Horseman's mount and the Fel Drake.

Fortunately I have both and with the green fire quest done, FOS and title I think of them as practically class mounts.

It wouldn't be too difficult to redo the skins/effects to do red fire and green fire.

Sure? I personally doubt it, considering making mounts is supposed to be fairly resource intensive and they don't get much out of updating it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    They do, when mounts end up in Blizzard Shop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm...

Add some armor and spikes and it's basically a dreadsteed.

Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-01-29 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Heres how you tackle thing you are reluctant to do yourself.

Interns.

even when you bring them in you don't generally have them doing new dev stuff, they are perfect for tech debt though.
    yeah except most companies don't have interns anymore because they have to be paid and given insurance and benefits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I wish they'd make them flying.
    Yeah It would be nice if they just made all mounts able to fly or not depending on your flight skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    NO class has a class mount able to fly.
    'Sup, Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Just like to mention that the DK flying mount is a bought one, not a quest reward (in the old days) or automatically learned (now), hence i don't consider it the same as Paladin/Warlock mounts.
    "Just like to mention, that I don't acknowledge how wrong I am because you made me look like an idiot."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, i suppose the alliance bike mount or the MoP Yak is a class mount as well. Both are "goblin" class mounts. You don't have them, you're not a "goblin".

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, i suppose the alliance bike mount or the MoP Yak is a class mount as well. Both are "goblin" class mounts. You don't have them, you're not a "goblin".
    Goblin is not a class...

Look, buddy, Winged Steed of The Ebon Blade is as class mount as it gets, because no other class can have it - hurr durr???

Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-01-29 at 10:39 AM.

idk if i would upgrade the class mounts. the fact the warlock one changed to green fire after completing the quest was cool enough for me