Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So what, you need to unilaterally kill innocent people so that other people don't unilaterally kill innocent people?

The literal fuck?
    Play their game? Is that what you are referring to? Killing innocent people is shitty I agree, but so far what we are doing isn't working. I'm not necessarily advocating what the other dude is but we need to do something. By we, of course, I mean humanity. These savages are literally getting away with murder of other innocents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Play their game? Is that what you are referring to? Killing innocent people is shitty I agree, but so far what we are doing isn't working. I'm not necessarily advocating what the other dude is but we need to do something. By we, of course, I mean humanity. These savages are literally getting away with murder of other innocents.
    Well seeing as we're currently bombing the crap out of them, I don't quite know that they're "getting away with it."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well seeing as we're currently bombing the crap out of them, I don't quite know that they're "getting away with it."
    No we aren't "bombing the crap out of them". Yes I know for sure. A couple skirmishes does not mean we are in full contact with them. Even if we were (which we aren't) it's obviously not working to deter terrorism or help as situations keep cropping up is what I'm saying.

Stay safe out there tonight everyone. The world is under attack by Muslim terrorists and we have to stay strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we aren't "bombing the crap out of them". Yes I know for sure. A couple skirmishes does not mean we are in full contact with them. Even if we were (which we aren't) it's obviously not working to deter terrorism or help as situations keep cropping up is what I'm saying.
    You can read about actions taken by various countries against ISIS in this handy article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...n_against_ISIL
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You can read about actions taken by various countries against ISIS in this handy article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita...n_against_ISIL
    Various countries does not make a solid incursion by one country. These actions are a fraction of military resources as well. What I'm saying (again) is the USA needs to be more proactive than what they are. In more than one way. Not necessarily bombing them to kingdom come, but damn sure more than sitting back on a couple drone strikes patting ourselves on the back about how we are being progressive about defeating terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nukes are like the weakest threat. Almost every western country has it doesn't mean they will ever be used.

But if more and more large terrorist group grows from the Middle East well...someday one world leader will just send over there to not deal with it anymore.
    Also...this bothers me, have they actually found evidence it was a terrorist? I mean this always bothers me when it comes to countries m it's easy to push the blame on the big bad but was there evidence yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    Stay safe out there tonight everyone. The world is under attack by Muslim terrorists and we have to stay strong.
    Terrorism has no religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelnir View Post
    Bullshit. Don't be that person

He that doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know is a fool, shun him.

He that doesn't know but knows that he doesn't know is simple, teach him.

He that knows but doesn't know that he knows is asleep, wake him.

He that knows and knows that he knows is wise, follow him

I wouldnt even fly over a muslim country let alone ever visiting one!

Flirting with ISIS is a dangerous game, GG Erdogan

Sad news. I wish the Turkish government was more competent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspire View Post
    Also...this bothers me, have they actually found evidence it was a terrorist? I mean this always bothers me when it comes to countries m it's easy to push the blame on the big bad but was there evidence yet?
    They are certain that it is a suicide bomber and most probably affiliated with ISIS. I wonder, what's your alternative theory for the explosion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They are certain that it is a suicide bomber and most probably affiliated with ISIS. I wonder, what's your alternative theory for the explosion?
    I'm not saying it wasn't a bomber, just it seems convent to paint a Muslim as a Isis affiliate, but maybe that's my black side talking since it feels ...familiar to when cops are in the news and it was a "Gangmember or thug".
    Maybe it was just a Muslim who said fuck it and decided to end his life but still go to his version of heaven. Still a disgusting thing to have happened but let's not give Isis anymore power then they already have.

Also saying they are connected to Isis is also a bit of scapegoat so not to have a talk about maybe stricter looks into who is coming and going between countries. It's the mental illness scapegoat of terrorism.

I'm not saying it wasn't a bomber, just it seems convent to paint a Muslim as a Isis affiliate, but maybe that's my black side talking since it feels ...familiar to when cops are in the news and it was a "Gangmember or thug".
    Maybe it was just a Muslim who said fuck it and decided to end his life but still go to his version of heaven. Still a disgusting thing to have happened but let's not give Isis anymore power then they already have.

Also saying they are connected to Isis is also a bit of scapegoat so not to have a talk about maybe stricter looks into who is coming and going between countries. It's the mental illness scapegoat of terrorism.
    Police and officials made their conclusion after investigation which also revealed the bomber's identity. 'just a Muslim's tend not to blow themselves up. Not sure how things run in your world but for most people, even when officials state the affiliation of a perpetrator, they are still held responsible for letting this happen. There isn't a scapegoat case here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Police and officials made their conclusion after investigation which also revealed the bomber's identity. 'just a Muslim's tend not to blow themselves up. Not sure how things run in your world but for most people, even when officials state the affiliation of a perpetrator, they are still held responsible for letting this happen. There isn't a scapegoat case here.
    Well if there wad details into the investigation and proof was met then I'm ok with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is ISIS so eager to be wiped out?

15+ Year Old Account
    I was standing besides that Egyptian obelisk just two months ago. Very sad that this area is going to be no-go for tourists now :|
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-01-12 at 11:59 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    It's not about being closer. As I said before it is about skin colour and religion.
    There is a fundamental failure in logic here. Europeans do not think of things like this like amercians would , in fact most people in Europe don't give a fuck about your skincolour. For example Romanians , Serbs , Greeks etc are many things but the one thing they aren't is being white. And if anyone even tries to tell me that they are infact all white cause yuröp an shit , then i would suggest you look at a picture of an average greek or serb - if they are white then it means Mexiacans , Arabs , Semites , latinos and the majority of north africa is white too. Which would counteract your own logic.

AS for religion. This is the topic that has only for the last few years becoming relevant. And yet still , since the majority of Europeans aren't religios and religion in and on itself doesn't play a major factor in that regard it makes you statement in this sense null.
    Or why don't we get so uppety if coptic christians are getting killed - or christians in general here in europe? Again we do not look at skin colour like you are doing.

The simple reason what is being reported and what is not is how close it is to us and if your countrymen are involved.
    If turkey is attacked this is for us a different thing as if the baguett-kins or island monkeys are attacked since we are closer to them and are having far better relations to them.

Edit: For example. The whole riot storys in murcia weren't that much reported here , aswell as any other incident in that case.
    But a year , or something along the line , a german born turk who studied in the US got killed by a US citizen which was big news here in germany and most of europe.
    So if you are correct. A brown moslem was killed by a , i believe , white men which became a big fuss. How does it fit into your logic?
    Last edited by mmoc38da49be1a; 2016-01-13 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Well, western countries in general will be more reactive to western countries getting hit (U.S, Canada, Europe). We still see pretty much everything reported here but the coverage when a western country gets hit is somewhere around times 20. This again is of course influenced by trends, what kind of stories do people tend to read more than other stories.
    Yes, precisely. People care less if they care at all when it happens somewhere in the Middle East or Africa, which makes those silent marches against terrorism and such all more ironic considering the majority of terrorism victims are actually in those regions.

The amount of casualties on their side is definitely much higher than those of ours.

Various countries does not make a solid incursion by one country. These actions are a fraction of military resources as well. What I'm saying (again) is the USA needs to be more proactive than what they are. In more than one way. Not necessarily bombing them to kingdom come, but damn sure more than sitting back on a couple drone strikes patting ourselves on the back about how we are being progressive about defeating terrorism.
    What else are they supposed to do? Send in boots? That will just be viewed as trying to conquer the country and won't be accepted by the other superpowers. It also won't sit well with the public because I think after so many failed wars halfway across the world the people of America are sort of done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by peanutjellysandwich View Post
    Flirting with ISIS is a dangerous game, GG Erdogan
    Yes, because why the fuck would ISIS attack the hand that feeds them if that bullshit was true? Hint: it isn't, it's just propaganda to create disdain for Turkey's current government which is a legitimate one and has made the country progress a shitload in the years it has been ruling. Yes, they cater towards the average muslim Turkish person and not the secular minority. That's democracy for you.

How does this show their incompetence? They're neighboring countries with a bunch of shitholes on all sides with seperatists in the eastern part of the country itself. I think they did quite well considering they really haven't lost that much more civilians did than France did last year.

Do you seriously think any average muslim outside of those terrorist organizations like ISIS and Al-Qaida even considers blowing themselves up? This suicide bombing is a trademark of terrorist groups. Every normal muslim knows that suicide is a guaranteed way to get in trouble in their perception of the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    I was standing besides that Egyptian obelisk just two months ago. Very sad that this area is going to be no-go for tourists now :|
    Any crowded area in any touristic city is a risk zone now if you want to look at it like that.