Page 23 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sad that they didn't make an awesome extended animation for Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem. Just looks like normal Dragon's Breath but hits stuff far away, which is weird and disappointing Although I can see how it might be funny/useful? for some mass AOE pulling and a range disorient.

But how is Dragon's Breath's damage at the moment in Alpha? Cause we only really use it on live with the glyph cause the damage is decent. But with most glyphs disappearing in Legion, does DB lose that damage or is it still a decent spell to cast?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Sad that they didn't make an awesome extended animation for Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem. Just looks like normal Dragon's Breath but hits stuff far away, which is weird and disappointing Although I can see how it might be funny/useful? for some mass AOE pulling and a range disorient.

But how is Dragon's Breath's damage at the moment in Alpha? Cause we only really use it on live with the glyph cause the damage is decent. But with most glyphs disappearing in Legion, does DB lose that damage or is it still a decent spell to cast?
    According to wowhead: DB live: 86% spell power without major glyph (+100%); Legion 103.2% spell power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovassy View Post
    According to wowhead: DB live: 86% spell power without major glyph (+100%); Legion 103.2% spell power.
    Well that's disheartening. It's enough of a difference. I guess not much of a reason to use DB anymore or feel like grinding for the Legendary either. We can hope for a buff with the incoming numbers tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    My problem with that legendary isn't even the damage it adds on the meter. They can easily make it worth using. The problem is that hard casting a 4 second pyroblast constantly is boring and shitty gameplay. Nothing will fix that without totally changing the spell or those wrists to do something other than + damage.
    Honestly reducing the cast time would probably be better than increasing damage. Pyro already does good damage, it doesn't have a good cast time. Instead of increasing damage by 100%, halving the cast time from 4.5 to 2.25 would absolutely make it worthwhile. Even a 30% reduction would bring it to 3 seconds.

Well that's disheartening. It's enough of a difference. I guess not much of a reason to use DB anymore or feel like grinding for the Legendary either. We can hope for a buff with the incoming numbers tuning.
    I don't feel like it should ever do compelling single target damage in the first place. I think its current strength with the glyph is a mistake because it's warping what's primarily a crowd control spell into a rotational ability. To me, it just feels wrong that a spell with a CC component should ever do the kind of damage Dragon's Breath is doing right now, even if you don't combine it with Prismatic Crystal.

That recent buff to Phoenix's Flames is pretty sweet. Doubt it'd last long though.

It already did more base damage than Pyroblast (350% vs 330%), but Pyro has a 10% damage trait (350% versus 363%), and then with the general fire buffs Pyro would gain even more ground. Now I'm not sure if their intention is to make sure that PF always has a higher priority, but 500% does seem a bit high. 400% would guarantee PF kept a higher priority than Pyro.

I also find it interesting that they kept the splash at 150%, so it's definitely a change focused on single target.
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-05-10 at 01:01 AM.

I could be wrong but I don't think PF interacts with Ignite, so after traits and a decent bit of gear, I would say 500% is about right to ensure it stays ahead of Pyroblast.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think PF interacts with Ignite, so after traits and a decent bit of gear, I would say 500% is about right to ensure it stays ahead of Pyroblast.
    I thought PF does interact with Ignite? Or does that only apply for the Pyroblasts that gets transformed to PF due to the artifact's effect?

Pyro doesn't get transformed into PF anymore, it has its own spell. Looks like PF doesn't apply ignite (atleast from the ignite tooltip) so i guess to make it more desirable ST, it got buffed.

I'd cry if it dropped for my 1st legendary.
    I mean, I know the state of the game is different now, but I'm imagining what the me of a few years ago would think upon reading this sentence LOL

Anyway, holy PF buff! This may finally be the expansion where I go all in on Fire from the get go

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Pyro doesn't get transformed into PF anymore, it has its own spell. Looks like PF doesn't apply ignite (atleast from the ignite tooltip) so i guess to make it more desirable ST, it got buffed.
    Probably more likely that it's just that the cleave event doesn't hit primary anymore, and this just makes it one solid hit rather than two.

Maybe they don't have PF apply ignite because of the trait that reduces the cooldown for each tick of ignite?

PF does apply Ignite, at least it did last time I checked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    PF does apply Ignite, at least it did last time I checked.
    First, PF applied Ignite, but they removed it with the second last build. Dunno if they added it again with the last build yesterday, but I guess no. I will try today after work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I don't feel like it should ever do compelling single target damage in the first place.
    In whole, I doubt that the spec will need extra single target damage this time around to begin with. The Combustion change appears to be targetting the main reason that made the spec insanely good at AOE (in a relatively broken way for balancing) so now it appears to be designed more or less with a more sane(higher) single-target damage in whole. In the end it will likely not matter if Dragon's Breath does high single target damage, unless the discussion is on AOE only.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    First, PF applied Ignite, but they removed it with the second last build. Dunno if they added it again with the last build yesterday, but I guess no. I will try today after work.
    Crossing my fingers for PF Ignite!

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    In whole, I doubt that the spec will need extra single target damage this time around to begin with. The Combustion change appears to be targetting the main reason that made the spec insanely good at AOE (in a relatively broken way for balancing) so now it appears to be designed more or less with a more sane(higher) single-target damage in whole. In the end it will likely not matter if Dragon's Breath does high single target damage, unless the discussion is on AOE only.
    That's not really related to what I meant. Maybe I wasn't clear.

I just don't like the idea of a crowd control spell's damage also being high enough to use rotationally, because it displaces the spell's original intent and then all anyone cares about is how much damage it does, rather than the utility of being able to disorient multiple enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakaranailol View Post
    Crossing my fingers for PF Ignite!
    Personally I hope Ignite is left off of PF. Keeps it unique rather than just another type of Pyroblast.
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2016-05-11 at 01:49 AM.

Well, Pyroblast gets 2x ignites because of HS, so a regular sized ignite would be a bit of a difference. Although if they're keeping the major trait in mind for balance then maybe it won't need it.