Page 35 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think the main issue people have with living bomb is the very long time from cast to spread.
    Kael's living bomb spread feels good in HotS because it only has a 3 second fuse. In WoW, the fuse is 4 times that long.

It's awkward to cast your AOE and then wait 12 whole seconds before the group damage benefit starts to kick in.
    Pretty much this. 12 seconds feels awful to use.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    that was about the aesthetics of having transparency, not the lore.
    lore?????????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    lore?????????
    Why, is there lore supporting fire can have celestial spells like moonkins?

Deleted
    They look ugly. They could at least make them more graceful looking. Maybe celestial with a hint of fire and a hint of transparency.
    Strongly disagree. The orbs look fine. They just need to fix the delay they have when following you. It's really weird when you're flying and the orbs are following like 20 yards behind you.

Why, is there lore supporting fire can have celestial spells like moonkins?
    Pretty sure there isn't. So why would you want it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Strongly disagree. The orbs look fine. They just need to fix the delay they have when following you. It's really weird when you're flying and the orbs are following like 20 yards behind you.
    That might be true. On a flight master path they are miles apart.
    Pretty sure there isn't. So why would you want it?
    I don't want it. I was responding to something.

The benefit of the spreading is the fact you can get more dots and potentially a second wave of explosions. If you have to wait 12 seconds for that to happen, smaller adds might die in that time, wasting some of the effect. Granted, some of that can be worked around by casting it on the lowest health add, but it feels awkward to use compared to before.

If they don't change the cooldown or fuse timer, would making Living Bomb interact with Ignite in some way make it more interesting? Either build up Ignite, and/or cause it to explode after a certain amount?
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-06-09 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    I don't want it. I was responding to something.
    Ugh. Sorry for the confusion!

I'm really not looking forward to the cooldown on Living Bomb, though. On live, it's extremely handy when solo when you're able to pull multiple enemies together and clump them up in time for explosions to go off. That's not going to work in Legion, though. I really don't see what was wrong with the current design that needed a change to something that's going to feel worse for me to use. Delaying the cast so you can fish out which health bar out of a clump of enemies is going to disappear first didn't feel good to me in WotLK either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Btw, where does the idea of Living Bomb being useless come from? Causa from what i have seen that thing explodes like a truck and it can spread to un unlimited number of targets (although it only spreads on first explosion per cast) unlike live for a maximum of 4 target can have it (and it requires a major glyph). I have seen videos of massive trash packs literally blown to pieces.
    The issue is that in legion talent swapping isnt really encouraged like it is on live.
    One of the goals of talents in Legion is to provide more meaningful choice than before, with a focus on customizing your gameplay to suit your tastes.
    Having a talent that is only good for multiple targets isnt a meaningful choice when it's in a talent row that also provides single target damage increases.
    Flame Patch is in a similar position to Living Bomb for the same exact reason.

Now if Living Bomb and Flame Patch was competitive with UM (as UM offers both single and AoE damage) then it wouldn't be an issue. The fact that you "fail the test" of picking a talent means this tier goes against what Celestalon says about the goals of talents in Legion.

I would suggest that Living Bomb be split into 2 different spell id's (similar to Aftershocks) The castable version would be buffed to be competitive on single target (maybe have the explosion proc ignite), while the living bombs that are spread to other targets be a lesser version of the castable spell.

I would also suggest that Flame Patch continue to buff flame strike, but also add a DoT to Pyroblast! (similar to live).

This would provide options such as alternative rotation with an additional spell (Living bomb) enhance our proc spender (Flame Patch) or enhance our main nuke (Fireball).
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2016-06-10 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    This was fixed in the most recent build.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarm View Post
    I'm really not looking forward to the cooldown on Living Bomb, though. On live, it's extremely handy when solo when you're able to pull multiple enemies together and clump them up in time for explosions to go off. That's not going to work in Legion, though. I really don't see what was wrong with the current design that needed a change to something that's going to feel worse for me to use. Delaying the cast so you can fish out which health bar out of a clump of enemies is going to disappear first didn't feel good to me in WotLK either.
    The method I've been using is that I pull first with living bomb,then I use scorch/counterspell/inferno blast and pull a few more, then I put down a meteor (I know it sucks for aoe but still), I throw an instant flamestrike, dragon's breath, blast wave, and usually by the time all of this is done, living bomb will have exploded and spread.
    Last edited by mmoc535c769ea1; 2016-06-10 at 07:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    The method I've been using is that I pull first with living bomb,then I use scorch/counterspell/inferno blast and pull a few more, then I put down a meteor (I know it sucks for aoe but still), I throw an instant flamestrike, dragon's breath, blast wave, and usually by the time all of this is done, living bomb will have exploded and spread.
    So you blow all your procs and talents, 12 seconds is up and LB spreads... and then what? You need to wait another 12 seconds before all the bombs explode again. If you need 24 seconds for all of them to explode to kill a normal, level-appropriate group of mobs AFTER you've used DB, BW, Meteor, and a HS Flamestrike then something's not right there. Typically they should have died well before that time. That's the problem with LB, it just takes too long to really get the full value out of the spread explosion.

I don't think we'll want to feel forced to intentionally kill off our LB target immediately just to force-spread the LBs to all the other targets. Sounds like bad design. Heck, I'll just pull some mobs over near a critter, bomb that so it dies and spreads LB instantly without having to wait the 12 seconds downtime.

Does the LB damage come from the first explosion or the explosion from the second explosion. So say like if there was a pack of 5 and i LB one and it dies, does the damage come from that actual explosion or does it come from the other 4 exploding?

I hope I understood your question correctly... so here goes.

Cast Living Bomb on target, target takes ticking damage for 12 seconds. Target will then explode dealing damage to itself and any additional targets nearby.

This explosion will proc another Living Bomb on any target caught in its wake, those targets will take ticking damage for 12 seconds and then explode dealing damage to itself and any additional targets nearby. This will not proc any additional Living Bombs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Does the LB damage come from the first explosion or the explosion from the second explosion. So say like if there was a pack of 5 and i LB one and it dies, does the damage come from that actual explosion or does it come from the other 4 exploding?
    The explosion is always the same damage, but 4 targets exploding is 4 times more damage than 1 target exploding.

Right now you can LB, spread, possibly spread once more and then have everything go BOOOOOOM. In the beta you cast LB, go make a coffee, have one mob go boom (spreadign the bomb), drink your coffee and then - if every mob has not died already - have everything go BOOOOOOOOM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    This was fixed in the most recent build.
    When was that? Last time I played was 2 days ago and I think it was still there then.

The explosion is always the same damage, but 4 targets exploding is 4 times more damage than 1 target exploding.

Right now you can LB, spread, possibly spread once more and then have everything go BOOOOOOM. In the beta you cast LB, go make a coffee, have one mob go boom (spreadign the bomb), drink your coffee and then - if every mob has not died already - have everything go BOOOOOOOOM.

- - - Updated - - -

When was that? Last time I played was 2 days ago and I think it was still there then.
    So it acts like live LB but cant be instantly spread, what was the point of adding a cd to it? and would we choose this over flame patch in aoe situations.

Probably within the last couple days. Now the orbs do this swirly motion above your head, but track your character well. The swirly is weird imo, but at least they don't act like your mage is carrying around 3 balloons on a string.

Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    Probably within the last couple days. Now the orbs do this swirly motion above your head, but track your character well. The swirly is weird imo, but at least they don't act like your mage is carrying around 3 balloons on a string.
    Do you have a video? I'm not in Beta (or opted in to Beta) but I like seeing the spell effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Do you have a video? I'm not in Beta (or opted in to Beta) but I like seeing the spell effects.
    I'll make a short clip when I am home from work if someone doesn't beat me to it. I can't think of something in the game to compare the pattern the orbs float. Its like all 3 do a weird orbital pattern with each other but the tracking is as tight as current warlock soul shards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    I'll have to check that out later

- In fact I just did and it is visually a lot better but I feel like the clarity in terms of how many stacks of PF you have has suffered a little from the constant swirling. Still prefer it over the last version.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    So it acts like live LB but cant be instantly spread, what was the point of adding a cd to it? and would we choose this over flame patch in aoe situations.
    Well it spreads itself. If it didn't have a CD, you'd just apply it to several targets I guess. The main problem is simply that it takes 2 times as long for the actual fun of the spell to happen than it does right now. Right now you cast it, spread it and then get a huge ass mass explosion after it has run out. In the beta you cast it, wait for it to run out (making it spread) and then have to wait for it to run out again for the huge ass mass explosion. Like ... most AoE trash doesn't even live that long.

Right now you wouldn't take flame patch OR LB, as unstable magic gives you some AoE power and some single target power, while the other 2 options are strictly AoE.

Well it spreads itself. If it didn't have a CD, you'd just apply it to several targets I guess. The main problem is simply that it takes 2 times as long for the actual fun of the spell to happen than it does right now. Right now you cast it, spread it and then get a huge ass mass explosion after it has run out. In the beta you cast it, wait for it to run out (making it spread) and then have to wait for it to run out again for the huge ass mass explosion. Like ... most AoE trash doesn't even live that long
    Doesn't it also explode upon target's death like it is on live?