Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and i litterely just resubbed a week ago in order to farm some gold up, having spend over 60k across 8 characters to build inn, barracks and garrison up to lvl 3 -.-' witch is a lot for me, considering the max gold i've ever had on one character was about 120k...
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2016-02-24 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazgaraspa View Post
    Since I know people who have piled up +10 milion each, this wont solve the inflation problem
    This is why I'm happy they are removing the gold. I'm still leveling more too

I still have to go back there anyways. They would have to remove: Garrison resources because fur = bags = gold, herbs = ink = glyphs = gold, basically trading post = gold. Remove the herb garden = ink = gold. Remove the pet battle daily = tokens = easy (lazy) levels. Missions = crates = gold. Missions = rare items = gold. They need to just blow up the Garrison lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Europe the cost for a WoW-token just went up from around 60-65k to around 73-78k in the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusyn View Post
    I still have to go back there anyways. They would have to remove: Garrison resources because fur = bags = gold, herbs = ink = glyphs = gold, basically trading post = gold. Remove the herb garden = ink = gold. Remove the pet battle daily = tokens = easy (lazy) levels. Missions = crates = gold. Missions = rare items = gold. They need to just blow up the Garrison lol.
    Theres hundreds of easy methods to make gold, and level pets. These all require some level of input past logging in. (and in most cases some level of setup). That should be fine given the relative pittance you make from each character in the time it takes you to do it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It was so obvious. Blizzard don't want you to stay in WOD, cuz Legion is crap - they want you to spend your $50 on another crappy xpack, if you want to keep your gold income.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Taking away Rewards that we earned. Blizzard disappoints, again.
    Rewards have been earned... And earned, and earned, and earned. I've been milking the garrisons from the start and by the time Legion comes out every single of my characters will be close to 999,999g.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    How do you make money in Legion as a casual who does not play the Auction House? Garrisson was the perfect way for casuals to get gold (log in twice a day with all your alts and you are set). So how does Legion handle it?
    Why would casual need gold anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Yes unless people are absolutely nuts and expect people to buy stacks of stuff for tens of thousands of gold per stack. I never spend more than 5k on raiding per week this expansion and I started this expansion out with about 10k gold. So I have absolutely no reason to believe 200k won't be adequate to start next expansion.
    I started last expansion with 30k and did just fine. I'm at 1.6mil now, and think I'll be fine once I reach 2m.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ok, yeah. Luckily I read a thread on treasure hunters early in the x-pac and have been building this up. Switched my main to disc priest to get the 10 quests out of the way that unlock the blueprint. So...over the course of the x-pac I have indeed spend about 220 000 gold getting 11 Garrisons to max (8 with shipyards) but have made that back many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I know people who have 50k, we argue with anecdotal evidence. Just like in the real world there are people who are filthy rich, some a rich, a lot are doing ok and a shitload are dirt poor.
    50k is not poor. Once I had a guy in the guild who literally started asking for loan for GEAR REPAIR mid-raid as he had literally NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wow they might as well have deleted garrisons from the game then. No one will step foot there anymore, let alone set up new ones on new characters.
    It is still good place to craft bags.
    Last edited by Bumbac; 2016-02-24 at 11:04 AM.

Predictably. I knew they'll completely erase gold from garrison missions. Everybody knew they (garrisons) were WoD only.

Deleted
    "Wait, I actually have to PLAY the game to acquire money now?? Blasphemy!" This is half of the people in this thread.

I am extremely glad they are getting rid of this bullshit way for people to get gold, even though the update is coming in like 6-8 months.
    Now they just need to figure out a healthy way to get rid of the free millions people got in Legion and that's going to be a difficult task.

Good, now if only they would make items soul bound after one trade, to stop the auction resell players, gold would be more or less under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Good, now if only they would make items soul bound after one trade, to stop the auction resell players, gold would be more or less under control.
    This would restrict natural play in a horrible way and it wouldn't stop some of the most popular AH gold making methods like shuffling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sad about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    We all knew it was going to get nerfed, though I'm not sure we expected it to be completely gutted.
    *chuckles* You must be new here.

This is Blizzard. They don't know sensible balance. They know OP or ...TO THE GROUND.

I'm just surprised that they didn't send a few infernals down to raze the place completely.

It would have been awkward to leave the gold missions in as it would essentially make one feel obligated to constantly go back to the garrison to do missions. Not exactly an ideal situation so the removal of the gold makes sense.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Deleted
    I'm not sure i see what the point of removing content is, but alas, i am convinced that Blizzard is actually going to permenantly destroy this game with Legion (and then will blame declining popularity of MMO's). It's pretty sad to see them beeing so clueless.
    With that said, maybe they want to focus on the new cass hall missions.

I must say though, it's outregeous for those that put alot of effort into their Garrisons/shipyards. A bad move for sure.

Well large salvage crates are still roughly 10g per.
    Bulk garrison resources to buy/obtain more crafting mats (fur most likely to make bags). At worst use them to craft epics and/or weapons to vendor. Buy work orders for barn if savage blood etc still have value.
    No word yet on daily proff quests like JC has there been? (Basically 200g roughly free per day).
    More apexis for free to buy pets which can be sold, or mounts to collect.

Yeah people will be teleporting back for a long time yet, even if only for salvage to get transmog appearances unlocked via crates. Only difference, instead of making 3-5k per week per garrison, it will be 1-1.5k per week per garrison and an extra 30 seconds to do proff buildings. If you have 10-20+ alts its still a rediculous amount of gold per week for little effort.

Deleted
    Oh noes, whatever will I do without those 5k gold/week.