Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You mean MoP?

Yup.
    Even farmed the Throne of Thunder LFR set for my mage because I really liked the color scheme.
    Yeah mop. Personally I even preferred the better reward scheme - too bad they didn't manage a way to get people to just play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Yeah mop. Personally I even preferred the better reward scheme - too bad they didn't manage a way to get people to just play.
    Dunno, people played plenty. But raiders whined and Blizzard listened.

After removing all incentives for raiders to ever set foot into LFR, they had to dumb it down to subterranean levels to account for the missing carriers.

Dunno, people played plenty. But raiders whined and Blizzard listened.

After removing all incentives for raiders to ever set foot into LFR, they had to dumb it down to subterranean levels to account for the missing carriers.
    Well if you think that having five people carrying the terribad rest was a great concept that's fine I simply disagree there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you think that having five people carrying the terribad rest was a great concept that's fine I simply disagree there.
    I don't.

But I don't know how to make bad players care about playing properly a.k.a. "rise up to the challenge" either.

I don't.

But I don't know how to make bad players care about playing properly a.k.a. "rise up to the challenge" either.
    personally I'd want to test player mmr and let them have their elo hell where they can stack buffs to infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    Why does the casual player base which i realize is the vast majority want to take away Mythic raiding? I have seen so many posts recently about removing or making mythic more accessible, I really can't understand why you think it affects you so much. Give the LFR/Normal mode crowd whatever type of "raiding" experience they want, it could be watching a cut scene of a boss dying and then getting free epics for all I care. Just please stop trying to suggest the removal of Mythic for those of us that do care about it, it really is not hurting the casual player base to let mythic raiders do their thing. For the most part I don't think most progression raiders are trying to take away your LFR or Normal mode raiding, I know some are but I believe they are the vocal minority here.

The biggest argument I see is that only mythic raiders get the best gear and in today's world everyone thinks they deserve the best even if they don't put in the time and effort for it, this is the way of the world these days and I understand that. If it really is just jealousy over gear then let casuals have ilvl 10,000 gear for use in the open world/lower difficulty raids that can one shot every single mob just make it so it doesn't work in competitive end game raiding. I think this is part of their goal with the new legendarys in Legion which blizz has said will either be turned off or limited to 1 item during the initial progression race. The only reason mythic has to have the best gear now is so that the content is the most challenging and allows for a flow of progression within a tier as you obtain more gear to down later bosses. I think that most of the people that raid mythic are in it for the challenge and sense of accomplishment when you finally clear a raid tier. So let us have our progression race and the relevant gear to compete in that progression race in the usual manner and everyone else can have whatever type of gear that will make the casual side of the game most appealing to them, it can be way better than our mythic gear in open world/trivial content I don't care about that.

Blizzard has shown that they do listen to customer feedback to some extent and if enough people complain about Mythic raiding it could eventually be removed. I humbly ask you to please stop complaining about a raid difficulty that you don't participate in and leave those of us that do in peace to continue enjoying the game the way that we do, and in turn Mythic raiders should allow the casual player base to provide feedback to Blizzard and shape the future of the rest of the game as they see fit. Basically let us do our thing the way we have grown accustomed to and you guys can do your thing however you and blizzard decide is best for everyone...
    Its less a case of the difficulty and more a case of the fact that difficulty is removing other content by being a focus, too much of raiding is centered around the 4 tier system and really it should go back to the two tier system.

Basically most casuals want Normal mode to be some Psudo LFR/Normal while Heroic can be some hybrid of Heroic/Mythic with maybe an optional hardmode for that Mythic extra (think ulduar).

Alot of casuals just 'basically' want to see the LFR and Mythic get removed so "more" raids can be released they can actually play, as opposed to more difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I'd want to test player mmr and let them have their elo hell where they can stack buffs to infinity.
    Result = many players quitting = less $$$ = bean counters angry.

The thing is the amount of money blizzard makes off of wow pales in comparison to the amount of money they make off of hearthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    but seems most "mythic" heroes tend to be borderline asperger bellends like you.
    Nope, he's a rare breed.

My entire guilds pretty laid back, as well as most of the people we know in the guild community around us.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    The thing is the amount of money blizzard makes off of wow pales in comparison to the amount of money they make off of hearthstone.
    and thats why they dont give 2 shits about wow anymore - every company chases the most profit they can do - and in last few years the biggest gains are from microtransactions not from releasing perfectgames yet people still have this strange idea that devs work for the idea of working not for fat salary

other thing is people who have no connection to buisness have this strange idea that the devs are anything more then the workforce while in reality decision in whihc direction to push game are decided way higher on managment/ceo/accounting lv/ - devs are just executioners not decision makers
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-03-04 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VarianceWoW View Post
    Well they are usually disguised as threads about consolidating difficulties or removing difficulties in raiding because we have "too many". They don't usually outright call for the removal of mythic but by arguing for going back to 1 or 2 raid difficulties they are in essence doing just that, the 4 difficulties we have now exist to appeal to the many different demographics that play the game which allows blizzard to provide the hardcore contingent with a challenging raid experience that we want while still make the content accessible to everyone.
    No man Noooooo... Many people that are complaining about multiple difficulties mostly want to get rid of LFR and maybe normal/heroic. I know because I am one them and I saw big community against 4 different difficulties of same raid. I know no ones forcing me to do LFR, I can straight do normal/heroic and then Mythic. But having easier difficulty gives a lot of ppl excuses for being lazy and ignoring normal or beyond. What this doing is dividing the community into many groups instead of forcing them to try and learn the actual raid. It is also against the integrity of raid environment.

I don't think there is anyone who wants to get rid of Mythic or the hardest difficulty that is available for a very small amount of players. Whether we do mythics or not, we surely enjoy the race and cheer for our favorite guilds, and when the time comes we also try few mythic bosses. But having 4 difficulties... it gets boring to try mythic after heroic. Imagine, some guilds do this : Normal -> Heroic -> Maybe Mythic.. If they remove normal or heroic .. then it will be something like : Normal/Heroic -> Mythic ... And I hope they DELETE LFR from this game...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Its less a case of the difficulty and more a case of the fact that difficulty is removing other content by being a focus, too much of raiding is centered around the 4 tier system and really it should go back to the two tier system.

Basically most casuals want Normal mode to be some Psudo LFR/Normal while Heroic can be some hybrid of Heroic/Mythic with maybe an optional hardmode for that Mythic extra (think ulduar).

Alot of casuals just 'basically' want to see the LFR and Mythic get removed so "more" raids can be released they can actually play, as opposed to more difficulties.
    2 tier system will just lead to less people seeing shit, tbh. A lot less people killed LK25(n) as current content than you think

Quote Originally Posted by Aroxisas View Post
    No man Noooooo... Many people that are complaining about multiple difficulties mostly want to get rid of LFR and maybe normal/heroic. I know because I am one them and I saw big community against 4 different difficulties of same raid. I know no ones forcing me to do LFR, I can straight do normal/heroic and then Mythic. But having easier difficulty gives a lot of ppl excuses for being lazy and ignoring normal or beyond. What this doing is dividing the community into many groups instead of forcing them to try and learn the actual raid. It is also against the integrity of raid environment.
    So, remove LFR because you don't like it but at the same time can't control yourself from doing it...makes sense. At the end of the day a tiny percentage of the people who took up LFR when they introduced it would have ever set foot in Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiding and never likely will. And to be completely honest the normal/heroic/mythic community probably don't want a lot of them in their 'raiding'. Blizzard themselves have stated over and over again that LFR was introduced for a large proportion of the Wow community who never set foot in raiding. The fact that some people who used to raid now only do LFR probably says more about those people's level of commitment to organised raiding or about the raiding community itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post

Um..........if you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paradyne View Post
    So, remove LFR because you don't like it but at the same time can't control yourself from doing it...makes sense. At the end of the day a tiny percentage of the people who took up LFR when they introduced it would have ever set foot in Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiding and never likely will. And to be completely honest the normal/heroic/mythic community probably don't want a lot of them in their 'raiding'. Blizzard themselves have stated over and over again that LFR was introduced for a large proportion of the Wow community who never set foot in raiding. The fact that some people who used to raid now only do LFR probably says more about those people's level of commitment to organised raiding or about the raiding community itself.
    Yeah they also said it was meant as tourist mode.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't.

Nor should that be Criteria to design around. Yes some people abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Um..........if you say so.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they also said it was meant as tourist mode.
    They said that about what they were trying to achieve moving into WOD with LFR....and I would say they achieved it. They certainly gutted LFR and made it into a glorified tourist mode. I disagree that it was tourist mode or intended that way in Cata & MOP.

Deleted
    I never said I do LFR or anything about can't controlling myself from doing it, so basically I didn't get your first line about making sense.
    Anyways, my point is gears are not the only incentive people do raid for. A lot of people wanna kill the bosses and know the lore. Since LFR is there, they can do with ease without knowing the fight properly or gearing up or anything at all. If there was no LFR, these very same people would have to run normal, where they would learn the fight, gear up properly etc. It's not that normal is difficult, compared to LFR it is maybe. That is what most of us did during WOTLK and early cataclysm. And it was much more fun than LFR trust me. I know that those people still have the option to do normal and such, but they got divided because of the introduction of LFR which is also affecting normal raiding environment.

Also, try to get the the integrity point. Raid is not just a zone you go kill get loot and come out, if you think that is raid, then it's probably LFR that makes you think this way. Raid is much more than that, which has traps that you should avoid, mobs that you should think twice before engaging. It should require organized group to defeat the bosses who's supposed to possess extreme level of powers. These are the end game bosses we are talking about, Blackhand, Guldan, Garrosh, Deathwing etc etc .. Is it fun to roflstomp them on LFR ??? Imagine in FF7, if there was a version where you could kill Sephiroth with no skill and effort... would that be fun ? But if there was an option to kill Sephiroth in such way, a number of people would do so and then claim the game to be uninteresting. Who would you blame in this kind of situation ? Players that chose the easy way or the developer for giving an easy option ? (LFR is not only easy.... it's ridiculously undertuned !)

10+ Year Old Account
    They said that about what they were trying to achieve moving into WOD with LFR....and I would say they achieved it. They certainly gutted LFR and made it into a glorified tourist mode. I disagree that it was tourist mode or intended that way in Cata & MOP.
    They said it in MoP as well.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I don't why people keep saying this as it is not even remotely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    They said it in MoP as well.
    I don't believe you. MoP was designed so that LFR would be a progression path for a certain segment of the population. WoD's design changed that; that segment was supposed to be in Normal mode instead.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"