Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Outside of video games, what is your hobby/major interest(s)?

As the title suggests...
    1. What is(are) your hobby/interest(s) outside of video games?
    2. What got you into it (them)?
    3. Do you have something you've always wanted to try but haven't started before?
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

1. physical activities - lifting, running, kayaking
    2. friend was cleaning out his basement and gave me some workout equipment. Different friend had an extra kayak and took me to a few trips before I bought my own
    3. always wanted to go rock climbing but never got started. Don't feel like paying for a rock climbing gym and im not big on going out to a cliff and just doing it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is(are) your hobby/interest(s) outside of video games?

I love drawing and painting. I also love to cook new recipes.

What got you into it (them)?

My grandmother was an art teacher and wold teach me how to draw. She would also make me watch her cook as she said that was the best quality a women could have. She was a very old school type of women.

Do you have something you've always wanted to try but haven't started before?

Fixing cars or simple maintenance. I cant tell you how many times I have been told that a mechanic had screwed me over or made over pay for services. I wish I understood how to preform simple maintenance but, none of my friends or family members truly know how too.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like outdoorsy stuff. Nothing specific tbh, apart from hiking/camping in the summer. Got my climbing safety license a while back and this fall I took my boating license (up to 15 meter), next up is scuba diving license and then thinking about a kayak course. I think doing course/licenses is a nice way of getting to try new things, and let's you do a lot of fun stuff later on.

Lots of stuff I want to do but never get around to; learn the guitar properly, learn to draw, parachute are top 3 I think. Would also be fun to learn some programming at one point.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TV shows/Anime.
    Documentaries.
    Going out and eating different cuisines.
    Tabletop games.
    Magic the gathering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Music
    Learning Korean
    Church
    DnD
    Working out / Being healthy

Some CD my mom gave me when I was 12
    Being lazy and wanting to change
    Wanting to commit suicide
    My highschool friends
    Acne

Learn to play the piano
    Learn Java / C++ / HTML
    Learn German
    Learn Mandarin
    Learn Spanish
    Master French

10+ Year Old Account
    In order of interest:

1. Archery

Extremely fun to do. Participating in competitions is a lot of fun, since you hike around forests and shoot at 3d targets of animals along with other people.

2. Gun collecting and sports shooting

I like guns and shooting them. I participate mostly with my K31 and shoot at 300 meters, it's fun, but I like archery more because you move a lot. I also go to other types of ranges just to use other guns such as pistols that I own, It's fun to shoot a Glock with a 33 round mag.

3. Hiking

Switzerland is beautiful and full of hiking trails. It's a nice hobby because you get to know your country a bit better.

4. Doing community work around my town such as helping the local societies and clubs.

Helping the community is important and you get to know more people that might help you one day (jobs and etc.).
    Last edited by Schuetze; 2016-01-19 at 03:59 PM.

1. Weight lifting
    2. Because I was scrawny as hell
    3. Wood working looks fun, but it's a huge investment

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooking! I love cooking.

I've always enjoyed cooking, but it wasn't until I moved out on my own and started cooking out of necessity that I really fell in love with it. I started learning that homemade food always tastes better than fast food/restaurants because you can make sure you customize it for your own tastes.

Piano.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like body building and recently rock climbing

I was sick of being a twig and hated my body image. When I came into some money I bought a trainer and got started. I'm up 45 lbs.
    Rock climbing came when my friends started and I was looking for a fun way to stay ontop of body weight exercises.

I know Bass guitar, but I wish I learned Piano. There is always a piano somewhere especially hotels, and I think it would be great to be able to sit down and play in random hotels I visited.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2016-01-19 at 04:08 PM.
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

1)Reading
    2)Parents
    3)Learning to fly a helicopter.

1&2 : Nothing - insufficient health or wealth to do anything outside WoW.
    3 : Want to study philosophy at University, want to play board games & d&d, want to make short films ... reality is, none of that is going to happen.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Series (GoT,Vikings,Billions,Point of Interest etc..)
    Cooking
    Carpentry

I like making/building stuff, some minor woodworking, and am a bit of a terrarium hobbyist (mostly as they pertain to reptiles). I've built some of the furniture in my room, as well as most of the goods used in my terrariums over the years.
    The 'making stuff' component likely stemming from lego and k-nex as a child, which branched into woodworking due to having access to material/tools from my dad's work. My interest in terrariums being a result of a liking frogs as child (probably because I used to go catching them in the summer), which extended to amphibians/reptiles in general as I began to get them as pets.

I don't like to travel, and don't have access to it here in the north, but I'm interested in free-diving (water, not sky) in the tropics. Maybe with a side of spear-fishing.

Autocrossing; really the only inexpensive option barring a ticket.
    Basketball; my brother got me into it growing up. Despite being a hobbit and frail, I played varsity basketball until junior year.
    Cooking; leaving home required it.
    School/work; boring stuff--you don't want to know.

I'd like to travel and base jump. They are on the top of my bucket list.

1) Playing (guitar by myself & clarinet/saxophone with a group), riding my CBR250R and volunteering as an EMT in MDA.

2) Been playing clarinet since I was 7, bought a saxophone and taught myself to play when I was 21, in the army I listened a lot to progressive metal bands so after I got a job and saved some money I bought a guitar and an amp and learned to play.
    Got my motorcycle 3 years ago to commute to school.
    I've been volunteering there since I was 15 (not during my time in the army obviously). It was pretty much the reason I wanted to go to med school.

3) I've always wanted to fly a plane, I doubt I'll ever have the money to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Cooking! I love cooking.

I've always enjoyed cooking, but it wasn't until I moved out on my own and started cooking out of necessity that I really fell in love with it. I started learning that homemade food always tastes better than fast food/restaurants because you can make sure you customize it for your own tastes.

Piano.

Plus there isn't all that sodium in it. Mom taught me how to cook, quite well, and I tend to do most of the cooking in relationships because it seems people today only know how to microwave, but I will say I learned some good tips watching Gordon Ramsey shows lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    1. Uhh... I paint Warhammer miniatures every now and then (Rarely) Beyond that I guess I just shitpost on MMO champion when I'm not playing games (Like when i'm at college)

2.The figurines were due to my mother being given some figures and paints by one of her customers after they heard I liked warcraft, also my friend at college loves warhammer, so I dug them out to show off.

3. Nothing that I can think of... maybe one day I'd like to play a game of warhammer with my figureines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    As the title suggests...
    1. What is(are) your hobby/interest(s) outside of video games?
    2. What got you into it (them)?
    3. Do you have something you've always wanted to try but haven't started before?
    1. Boxing
    2. Vladimir Klitschko
    3. Shotguns

1. Basic stuff, I'm rather boring I suppose.
    2. Not sure
    3. Archery/horseback riding - I should know these things as a Native American. I've wanted to travel more, but it always seems expensive and I've never really had a partner to travel with. It was always bad timing or stuff that I know the other person wouldn't appreciate. I have someone now to LOVES to travel and she does it a lot and I think she'd really appreciate most of it, so... it's one of the many things that makes her great and I'm hoping to expand on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================