Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't feel betrayed because all I did was pay 50 cents a day for my subscription, and 2 dollars a month for the expansion for 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    "People won't take the time to help me get geared"
    then
    "I'm too busy to get geared, I don't have the time to spare"

Deleted
    I don't think 'betrayal' is the right word here. For me 'disappointing' fits better.
    The 14 months that was SoO were tedious. However, it was pretty fun "farming" heirloom weapons on alts and stomping over Garrosh in the prepatch. Many people were complaining and unsubscribing because there was nothing to do. We were told Blizzard was already working on WoD! And that's exactly why this expansion sucked. Their team is the biggest overall it's ever been. People had such high expectations from the Blizzcon announcement. Sure, things get scrapped all the time, because some ideas and plans just turn out not to be doable.

The thing I'm dreading, is that the same thing will happen with Legion. They've supposedly been working on this for a long time now, and thus they're raising expectations again. We don't even have a proper releasedate yet, "sometime after the movie". The game is not even in beta yet but the movie's not even 3 months away.
    We can only hope they're not going down the same road again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Fruit Samus View Post
    The whole point of having only 2 raid tiers in Warlords of Draenor was so they could get to yearly expansions and shorten the content drought between expansions. Now it is already 9 months since they released Hellfire Citadel. It looks like it will be at least another 3 months of no new content, possibly 6 months.

A lot of people left, because they've lost the trust in Blizzard. What I wanna know is, from all the people that are still here, who plan on buying Legion and continuing to play World of Warcraft - why don't you feel betrayed?
    What a stupid post. Only idiots would feel betrayed. It's a game company, not a religious organisation or a government. Blizzard didn't go behind our backs and make a better mmo for other people and try to hide it from us. There is nothing to feel betrayed over. What is wrong with you? Some people like the game. That's why they still play it. It's not like Blizzard keeps getting drunk and hits us. Melodramatic indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

be•tray
    a. To give aid or information to an enemy of; commit treason against.
    b. To inform upon or deliver into the hands of an enemy in violation of a trust or allegiance.
    Blizzard didn’t give aid or information to an enemy. So this doesn’t apply.

2. To be false or disloyal to.
    Blizzard wasn’t false and you can’t be disloyal to customers, customers are loyal to a company.

3. To divulge in a breach of confidence.
    Did I tell Blizzard something in confidence? Nope. So did they break confidence? Nope.

4. To make known unintentionally.
    Did Blizzard make something known that they shouldn’t have? Nope, again.

5. To lead astray; deceive.
    Did they promise yearly expansions? Did they promise more raids, but cancelled them later? No to both. So no leading astray either.

Conclusion: We are not betrayed by Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Cause it's a video game and I'm not a child? Honestly if you don't like it don't buy it anymore. WoW's not high enough on my priority list to feel betrayed by.
    This x 1000.

Plus I actually like these "down" periods, gives me a chance to catch up on the stuff I've neglected from this expansion and others.

I do feel betrayed. I just have different levels of reactions and betrayal. It is just a video game and I am pretty used to corporations taking advantage of me. So I cannot say I was surprised by it which is were the pain would set in. Surprise. When I am expecting it the string is just a ton less. It also wasn't a life destroying event. Which is where the video game part of it comes in. So in the end yeah I was betrayed. But it wasn't a knife in my back or a breaking of my bank account. It was what I get everywhere I go in a society based in a highly corporate environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirdie View Post
    Sometimes in the real world, shit doesn't always go as planned.
    When it come to WoW nothing ever goes as planned.

7+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of having only 2 raid tiers in Warlords of Draenor was so they could get to yearly expansions and shorten the content drought between expansions. Now it is already 9 months since they released Hellfire Citadel. It looks like it will be at least another 3 months of no new content, possibly 6 months.

A lot of people left, because they've lost the trust in Blizzard. What I wanna know is, from all the people that are still here, who plan on buying Legion and continuing to play World of Warcraft - why don't you feel betrayed?
    Cause, like a lot of other people, i play the game undtil there is no more content to play and then i unsub. If you do like this, you dont care about what happends in between the periods where blizzard is not making any new content, because we play other games or do other stuff As long as blizzard shows us something that is promising, which i personally think some of the Legion content look like, then i have no reason to feel betrayed. They have never forced me to pay for any of their products. If i feel like it worth the money, i pay the money If not for the WoW token, i would proberly be unsubbed right now, but undtil then, blizzard have really made a product worth the money

Ofcourse, the game is still pretty shitty compared to what money they have put into the game and what tech they have as tools. I have just been lucky to have a guild which only focused on the good stuff in WoW and despite of that, i have still only used a few hours on the game a day. Compared to Wrath or TBC where i put in 5-6 hours a day into the game, there have been a bit of let down in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Because Blizzard aren't my parents. And WoW isn't my wife.
    Wait, did your parents create your wife? Is she your sister?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Because you've been lurking mmo-c for 10 years
    I never said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Because everyone with a brain larger than a peanut saw it coming a mile away.

Difficult to feel "betrayed" when you know it is going to happen from the start.

Also, there is such a thing as "other games". WoW doesn't mandate a monogamous lifetime commitment to play, you know?
    So then why do you still support this company if you knew from the beginning they were lying to you?

Betrayed? No. Disappointed in Blizzard's way of conducting business? Sure, but that's just more of the same.

Not feeling betrayed because this game isn't my life.

Deleted
    Cause it's a video game and I'm not a child? Honestly if you don't like it don't buy it anymore. WoW's not high enough on my priority list to feel betrayed by.

At this point if you expected blizzard to put in any real extra effort, well you would be mistaken.

Minimum design and development so they can sell the expansion to you at an inflated cost with longer times between content and terrible grinds to stretch out what little content you do have.

You're expecting more than this version of blizzard is willing to do.

I've been feeling betrayed and cheated by Blizzard since the beginning of Cata.

I didn't care about or want faster expansions. If they want to take the time to make Legion good rather than rushing it as they did with Warlords, I can be patient. I'm still working through MC HFC anyway, not like I've got nothing to do. Been playing a bit of SWTOR too. I guess I don't feel betrayed because it doesn't matter to me that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokonoe View Post
    Blizzard secretly works on a vanilla server. :^)
    If they were people would have a legitimate reason to be pissed off.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would rather wait for Blizzard to release a complete expansion rather than follow suite with other AAA titles that release unfinished games.

Honestly though, there is always something to do in the meantime in WoW and if there isn't you can always un-sub until there is.

Betrayed is way too strong, maybe disappointed because this raid tier is dragging along like SoO, even though they said they didn't want to do that again. It's a big game, a big company and they have a deadline for a new expansion, just unsub for a bit and go play something else. It's just a game, a game I love to play when I play it, and a game I barely think about when I'm not interested in playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    If they were people would have a legitimate reason to be pissed off.
    I still maintain if they introduced these servers even like EQ1 do with their progressions that after people have got to naxx, got atiesh, cleared it 100 times and got Grand Marshal or w/e the hell the title was that they would get bored and leave because there isn't any new content.