Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    that is totally what I will look like in worgen form.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    and bagels
    Yeah, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sadly nobody here celebrates it here.

Not really. I cut back very heavily on alcohol due to a couple of health issues that scared me a little bit (and they turned out to be minor health issues, but they inspired me to cut back on things like alcohol/caffeine either way). I usually don't do anything special for St. Patrick's day anyway.

Actually, the grocery store's bakery usually makes St. Patrick's themed stuff that's pretty good (cupcakes, etc). Might pick some of that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta get the taste of their cooking out of their mouths :P
    Have you had Irish cooking?

Either way, won't be celebrating it, I can't drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Not really. I cut back very heavily on alcohol due to a couple of health issues that scared me a little bit (and they turned out to be minor health issues, but they inspired me to cut back on things like alcohol/caffeine either way). I usually don't do anything special for St. Patrick's day anyway.

Actually, the grocery store's bakery usually makes St. Patrick's themed stuff that's pretty good (cupcakes, etc). Might pick some of that up.
    cup cakes are an acceptable way to celebrate in my book

Deleted
    Happy Saint Patrick's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You filthy animals

Anyone got any cool plans?
    I don't want to offend, but it seems like a rather nonsense "holiday" and huge amounts of people who aren't remotely Irish just use it as an excuse to drink. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about Patrick or the Irish. Apart from the Irish themselves.

Besides, only thing he did was chase snakes. It's not like snakes in Ireland are venomous or dangerous either... So yeah, I don't get it. Snakes are useful. They hunt mice and mice are a plague for farmers, and farmers having crop troubles is something the Irish should know well. So snakes are actually good. A strange custom.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-03-17 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I don't want to offend, but it seems like a rather nonsense "holiday" and huge amounts of people who aren't remotely Irish just use it as an excuse to drink. I don't think anyone really gives a crap about Patrick or the Irish. Apart from the Irish themselves.
    An excuse to drink is an excuse to drink.

10+ Year Old Account

Besides, only thing he did was chase snakes. It's not like snakes in Ireland are venomous or dangerous either... So yeah, I don't get it.
    He chased the Pagans from Ireland too. I don't think religious cleansing is something we should be really celebrating.

Deleted
    Go down pub at about 5.30, meet up with the gang then off up town to find some shenanigans.

Footballs on too.
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2016-03-17 at 01:34 PM.

Traditional Family gathering,Corned beef roast , cabbage,carrots,onions all slow cooked together.Potato's ,Soda bread and a few pints of the NOT GREEN stuff(Sorry...making a beer green doesn't ...Never mind...)....may even break out the 35 year old bottle of Connemara and have a few "for health"
    Not too tossed though, have to get up in the AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    He chased the Pagans from Ireland too. I don't think religious cleansing is something we should be really celebrating.
    You make it mean what ever you want to ..just like the good or bad of ANY Holiday.
    Christianity Co-opting a Pagan holiday to make Christmas..."Jesus" birthday....when it is not even close to what his actual birthday was....just to spite the Pagans, Thanksgiving ...rape pillage destroy "Indigenous North Americans" Holiday. Easter... Sky mans Zombie son raises from the dead,Presidents day, One was a slave owner the other...tall dude who couldn't duck and oversaw a civil war.....See?

Myself and "mine" choose to gather together and share a meal,family time and recall the people who came here with nothing and made something... way before us.
    Reminding , me that even with nothing...you can do something.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-03-17 at 01:40 PM.

We're all Irish one day a year..in the US.

I've been told that St. Patrick's day is a bigger event in the US than it is in Eire.
    *shrugs*
    I've not been fond of the book burner after reading what history I could find on him. (and I don't think there were ever any snakes in Eire, unless it was a metaphor for other religious beliefs.)

- - - Updated - - -

I will be wearing a green shirt for the sake of the day however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    You make it mean what ever you want to ..just like the good or bad of ANY Holiday.
    Christianity Co-opting a Pagan holiday to make Christmas..."Jesus" birthday....when it is not even close to what his actual birthday was....just to spite the Pagans, Thanksgiving ...rape pillage destroy "Indigenous North Americans" Holiday. Easter... Sky mans Zombie son raises from the dead,Presidents day, One was a slave owner the other...tall dude who couldn't duck and oversaw a civil war.....See?

Myself and "mine" choose to gather together and share a meal,family time and recall the people who came here with nothing and made something... way before us.
    Reminding , me that even with nothing...you can do something.
    I have no problem with you doing that. I have Irish ancestry, but I'm English for the most part, so it's really something we've never celebrated; it's actually a fairly new thing to celebrate here (as far as I'm aware, newer even than Halloween) and owes itself more to American media than the Irish.

Deleted
    Shame you can't drink @Jessicka . You're gonna need one after united get rattled tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Shame you can't drink @Jessicka . You're gonna need one after united get rattled tonight.
    Already resigned to it, which makes anything from a 0-0 upward a bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We're all Irish one day a year..in the US.

I've been told that St. Patrick's day is a bigger event in the US than it is in Eire.
    *shrugs*
    I've not been fond of the book burner after reading what history I could find on him. (and I don't think there were ever any snakes in Eire, unless it was a metaphor for other religious beliefs.)

- - - Updated - - -

I will be wearing a green shirt for the sake of the day however.
    Don't you feel like your being insincere if you do that "just cus"? That's what gets me about this. So many don't have any reason what so ever to celebrate it. I find it absurd how much of a spectacle it is.
    I'd feel offended if people took a national holiday from my country and said they supposedly celebrate it, when they're just doing it to get drunk and not giving a shit about why. It's insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've already got my 22-quart slow cooker is doing its thing. It's stuffed full of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots and yams. I really need work to be over right now.

I'm not wearing green today, I am terrible at being half Irish

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm not wearing green today, I am terrible at being half Irish
    I used green highlighter to draw a 4 leaf clover on my hand.