Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    But it's not totally different to Austria, it's almost identical in every aspect and nobody is disputing that other than you, hence why I entirely disagree with you.
    That's fine. You can disagree. But you have to be able to support your position. Rosberg reacted to Verstappen changing his line in a braking zone. No one disputes that. There was no contact. No one disputes that. Rosberg pushed Verstappen out in Germany much much closer to the exit of the corner than he did to Hamilton in Austria. That's indisputable. For those reasons, I say no penalty should have been awarded. Martin Brundle agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    That's fine. You can disagree. But you have to be able to support your position. Rosberg reacted to Verstappen changing his line in a braking zone. No one disputes that. There was no contact. No one disputes that. Rosberg pushed Verstappen out in Germany much much closer to the exit of the corner than he did to Hamilton in Austria. That's indisputable. For those reasons, I say no penalty should have been awarded. Martin Brundle agrees with me.
    I supported my position quite clearly, you can find it in my previous posts. Just because you disagree with my view it does not mean my view is unsupported. You have your opinion which as we've seen is not shared. I dont want to continue discussing it with you because you use semantics and twist things to try to fit them to your arguments rather than just looking at what is black and white, that's why so many people look at your posts with somewhat disbelief.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I supported my position quite clearly, you can find it in my previous posts. Just because you disagree with my view it does not mean my view is unsupported. You have your opinion which as we've seen is not shared. I dont want to continue discussing it with you because you use semantics and twist things to try to fit them to your arguments rather than just looking at what is black and white, that's why so many people look at your posts with somewhat disbelief.
    Let's start simple.

Verstappen moved in the braking zone to block Rosberg. Me and Martin Brundle agree with that statement. Do you agree or disagree?

So many people? You mean two people on a video game forum? Not sure that constitutes a valid sample. And you should be able to make your case without resorting to appeals to popularity.
    Last edited by Merkava; 2016-08-02 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    As for me I don't really see a difference between pushing out a driver mid corner or at the corner exit, you're still pushing the other driver off the track..
    I think a driver pushing another driver wide on exit would be closer to the normal racing line than he would be mid corner, so it would look more natural. Pushing a driver wide mid corner away from the apex would look much more aggressive, in my opinion.

Also Verstappen is going to get a penalty sooner or later if he continues like this. What he did vs Kimi at Hungaroring and vs Rosberg in Hockenheim is extremely dangerous. Although he's allowed to do more because he's Verstappen, but I wonder if someone is going to have to get hurt first before they dare to.
    I agree totally with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    We red flag boys

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    If Verstappen doesn't get a penalty today I call bullshit. Eh who am I kidding, there's a couple of drivers that can do no wrong.
    I agree. And it doesn't help that Dutch media NEVER criticizes him.

As expected, everyone else was at fault. At the start when he was way behind both ferraris, he still shot for a very narrow space on the inside and expected that 3 cars will fit in. Later on, he once again blocked Raikkonen at 300+ km/h on a straight at the very last moment and said he did everything fine.

In the beginning I thought Verstappen was entertaining to watch, but it turns out he's just a massive faggot that should be black-flagged for a couple of races.
    I can't speak to his sexuality, but the move on Raikkonen on the Kemmel Straight was ridiculous. He's gonna kill someone or himself. I can only imagine that they're gonna let him have in the next drivers meeting.

In the beginning I thought Verstappen was entertaining to watch, but it turns out he's just a massive faggot that should be black-flagged for a couple of races.
    Well someone has to fill in Maldonado's shoes.

Not specific to F1 for this season, but F1 news nonetheless:

Liberty Media to purchase F1

From owning my Atlanta Braves to now owning F1...that's a slight step up.

Lewis really suck this season. I fees sry for him :s

It's a shame that Max has stolen a lot of the spotlight for commentary. Ricciardo gets the odd amount of focus but it's usually Max, Max, Max ...
    Don't get me wrong, I like him, but it's just another bit of hype for a driver, who quite frankly, doesn't merit that much hype. Just like Ocon.
    Admittedly, his stint with Toro Rosso was good, but he's still riding that high from Spain.
    What's he done after to really show his true colors?
    His 2nd place in Austria and Silverstone where his highlights after Spain but what else? In 12 qualifying sessions since they've been team-mates, he's been out-qualified 9-3.
    The only other driver pairing to have such a disparity in qualifying is Bottas and Massa, and you get the feeling Massa is "over" driving in F1.
    And he's been out-raced 7-4.
    I think it's funny there is a lot of talk about Max when Ricciardo is the one they should really be keeping an eye on.

But anyway, this weekend looks like a return of form for Hamilton. Especially after that abysmal Singapore. Hamilton is the better driver (slightly) but Rosberg walked all over him that weekend.
    But 4 tenths is a pretty big gap to Rosberg in qualifying and we all know how good Rosberg's qualifying pace is. Should be a pretty close one. Let's hope if Rosberg loses the lead he'll see the bigger picture and settle for 2nd and not try anything stupid *cough* Austria *cough*

- - - Updated - - -

Seeing as this is F1, does anyone here watch GP2/3 as well? Gasly was on shocking form yesterday, bad start and zero race pace. Nato (again) with a very ballsy move on his team mate and it has cost him!

- - - Updated - - -

Omg, Vettel can't get a break ...

- - - Updated - - -

Pitting under the VSC for Verstappen could work out for him if Hamilton and Ricciardo can't get the hards to the end.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty big blow for Lewis but amazing for Daniel! Most deserving driver finally gets a win, and it's dejavu seeing a RBR 1-2
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Fantastic work by Red Bull today. Shame Webber didn't join in again with the shoeys considering he is a fellow Aussie.

Shoey is so disgusting. Even as an Aussie I've NEVER seen anyone do that lol. What an animal.
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Deleted
    Absolutely gutted for mah boi LH. Controlled the weekend only for another engine problem.

Did Lewis really imply that Mercedes was giving him faulty engines so he doesn't win this year?!
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Did Lewis really imply that Mercedes was giving him faulty engines so he doesn't win this year?!
    Niki Lauda tried to clarify it, but it sure seems like thats what Lewis was saying.

Deleted
    Really? I got a different vibe out of what he said - aiming his comment at karma or w/e you want to call it; believe that's what Toto thought too. To each their own I guess.

Probably one of the best qualifying sessions all year. I think Hamilton will edge out Rosberg but then again Rosberg just seems so in tune with his car this weekend. He's really found a setup he's comfortable with; it really shows especially through Degner

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, Hamilton's starts have gone to shit after summer break. Too much taking selfies with tigers.
    7. Years. Later.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was going through the teams heads to think that inters was a good idea today?

Holy shit! Verstappen