Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Anita Sarkeesian's latest video, the male gaze in video games

I watched most of it. Anita is saying that women are sexualized in video games. I think that's a given. And then she talks a lot about the "male gaze".

She did have good things to say about how the girl in "the Last of us" is depicted, Elli I think her name is.

I'm still on the fence over whether or not this is a real issue.

Many nice pixelated butts depicted.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Girls don't play games anyway, so this isn't an issue.

Let the horny nerds have their fun.

why the hell is that thing still relevant
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Anita Sarkeesian is the voice we need but not the one we deserve.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    So much stupid packed into that little thing. "Exaggerated hip sway". In other words, she's bitching because women walk like... wait for it... women. Too bad she's too fat to pull it off. Women are not objectified in video games because there are no women in video games. Pixels are not people and this cunt is an imbecile.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Anita Sarkeesian is the voice we need to shut the fuck up but not the one we deserve to be tortured with.
    FTFY

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame. Just make good video games. Instead they're objectifying women. What kind of person is ok with that?

Her jokes would be funnier is she didn't always pretend to be discussing a serious topic all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's a shame. Just make good video games. Instead they're objectifying women. What kind of person is ok with that?
    Literally everybody, except a few nutjobs on the internet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pixels aren't people.

Why do we give this drama sponge attention?

Was so happy to not see this video being spread around so maybe her toxic content can finally die off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why do we give this drama sponge attention?
    Meh. I find it entertaining to laugh at village idiots.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The male gaze?

Lol, okay.

Shit.

You know, in Phantasy Star Online, you had sitting equality. If you hit an alt button, you could have male characters sit like the Little Mermaid and your fonewearl manspread. Good times.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm very jealous I didn't think of her line of work, bilking the internet for cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Pixels aren't people.
    I just find it funny that SJW ilk will chomp at the bit about the "objectification" and "sexualization" of women who aren't real, but don't have anything to say about the men who aren't real in video games who are objectified and sexualized all the same. Oh right, they are desperate for anything to be offended about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Someone can be an object and still be a person. If someone, a living person, objects to being objectified, then take them out of said objectification. Otherwise, stop worrying about it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Me and the wife love watching the ramblings of Anita. It's quality entertainment. [My male gaze intensifies]

She has a point, it's not something I've thought about when playing video games though.

I disagree with her point about men not being sexualized in video games, however--they clearly are. I mean, look at the atrocity that is the male blood elf model in WoW.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Literally everyone who plays them for enjoyment. People like Anita go and search for things to be offended about. She'd be moaning in the same manner about the female character in Destiny being 'objectified' if she sat the same way the male did, because her legs would be spread.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I watch the video and all I can do is vote for Trump