Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap! I was sure that was going the other way after the last couple nights/days

Danner isn't being town Danner....surprise surprise.

Thanks for the game Cru!

Dendrek I really thought you were scum.

Thanks for the game, Cruelle!

That was a very interesting game. I never would have guessed that Danner was scum.

Deleted
    About the game:

Things that went wrong:

1. Role Card wording not specific enough. Although it wasn't a big deal it still annoyed me.

2. The Visitor really should have been called The Thief.

3. Two passive abilities not so passive.

Roles:

The Mafia could win together.

The Mafia leaders could not be killed by each others teams... However The mafia Leaders could kill each other.

All Mafia members could be killed by extra game trigger kills.

The Visitor role should have been a Thief role too but I wanted to encourage discussion so I just modified it. This was a mistake on my part as I said earlier.

The Minority and Majority whips were not doctors they could only protect themselves-(team) from friendly fire. (Like the Town Redirector they both had a passive ability to help avoid one incoming night action.)

The Thief and the Visitor:

I knew these two could clash at some point, and had pre-planned for it.

They both visited the same target on night one. So as planned they took something from each other and not their target. They then both visited the same target night two this lead to a "reveal" between the thief and the visitor. They now both knew of each others existence. I didn't have anything planned if they met for a third time and it was so close to happening!

People and passive abilities:

In previous games I have had loads of passive abilities dished out here there and everywhere. So I tried to cut down on them for this game, which I think I did, looking to get rid of them for my next game.

Tv show hosts:

They were simply survivors when I started making the game. It is difficult to survive to end game so I gave them the option to win with the factions. All their rewards were 1. To help them survive and 2. to help their respective teams.

Catta's Rewards.

1.Arialla- 1 time track ability
    2.Monkz- 1 time track ability
    3.Dendrek- 1 time self rediredct ability.
    4.Celtic- 1 time investigate
    5.Crackleslap- 1 time investigate
    6.Palawin- 1 time day kill for Palawin
    7.Jynx- 1 time day kill for Jynx
    8.Listo-1 time Doctor Ability
    9.Lelly-1 time Doctor Ability
    10.Strikered- 1 time kill
    11.Xanjori- 1 time kill
    12.Virothe-1 time Iron collar
    13.Danner-1 time bpv

14. Reticence = nothing

Crackles rewards

1.Kel- 1 time track ability.
    2.Satsubl- 1 time track ability
    3.Val- 1 time self redirect ability
    4.Kurenai- 1 time investigate
    5.Catta- 1 time investigate
    6.Uggor- 1 time day kill for Uggor
    7.Kryll- 1 time day kill for Kryllian
    8.Graeham- 1 time Doc ability
    9.Largehorn- 1 time Doc ability
    10.Dupti- 1 time kill
    11.Robo- 1 time kill
    12.Senna- 1 time iron collar
    13.Arlee- 1 time bpv

14. *Reticence Nothing*

*Bartlett won't attend either tv show.*

The Appeals Committee:

Town didn't have an appeal. The mafia had 2, how they used them was up to them. So what did town get?....The last say. The President also got a random night action from 1 of the tprs. Thus confirming town roles to him not who they were just the role.

If Mafia wanted to risk making town miss a lynch, Town at least got information and the last say on if it would happen.

The Mafia leaders could submit an appeal on behalf of the Appeal committee members.

Other stuff:

The Mafia teams character names were random. I had 6 republican and 6 democrat names. So one team could be all democrats and the other could have been half an half or vice versa.

The Mafia showing up in red despite being separated was a small clue to anyone that they could win together. ( I always use separate colors)
    Last edited by mmoc36ded88e7f; 2016-04-26 at 02:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good Game Cruelle.

I was convinced that Dendrek was on the other scum team rather than Robo. That hurt us a few times looking back.

Blah. I mentioned fragmented team at one point and was on my way back to that theory by the end of the day.

Thanks for the game, Cruelle. It was great fun, and I love the West Wing. Much appreciated.

Interesting and quirky observation:

In Cruelle's Buffy game I ended up being the penultimate death. Town won but I was the second to last scum to be eliminated.

In Cruelle's Book of Omens game I once again ended up being the penultimate death. I wasn't scum that time around. Town won.

In this game I technically ended up being the penultimate death once more...if you count Dendrek's and Catta's deaths as 'one' given that they happened on the same night.

So in short? I have a very long life expectancy in Cruelle's games but always die right before the grand finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Good Game Cruelle.

I was convinced that Dendrek was on the other scum team rather than Robo. That hurt us a few times looking back.
    It's ok I was starting to second guess Reti at the end b/c I got super paranoid. I was also slow to trust Dendrek which I'm sure hurt as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Interesting and quirky observation:

In Cruelle's Buffy game I ended up being the penultimate death. Town won but I was the second to last scum to be eliminated.

In Cruelle's Book of Omens game I once again ended up being the penultimate death. I wasn't scum that time around. Town won.

In this game I technically ended up being the penultimate death once more...if you count Dendrek's and Catta's deaths as 'one' given that they happened on the same night.

So in short? I have a very long life expectancy in Cruelle's games but always die right before the grand finale.
    So kill you D1 next game?? OK! j/k

Well I guess town kinda knew who all the scum were except Danner, we just worked it out too late.

The Kurenai lynch probably cost us the game.

So uh... yeah. Sorry.

This game was... horrible. No, let me rephrase that. This game was amazing. Cruelle, you have no idea how much I loved the theme and setup of this game. I had sheer unadultered fun the first four game days of this game. Despite being scum. Well done, I wish I had thought of this theme, but I do not think I could possibly have done it anywhere as good as it was. It didn't really matter that Dupti and I did the worst play ever seen in mafia history, setting ourselves up against each other like we did basically trying to get lynched before the other, with no real plan behind it. No we had fun. That was what mattered.

But then... this game really did a number on me mentally. Dendrek, it is all your fault dammit. I was not at all lying that you broke my spirit. You caught me in that contradiction, one that I really do not alllow myself to make. Making that failure hurts me just as bad as it hurts the glamour model finding a grey hair. I'm old, making mistakes like that. I should have conceded on the spot had I known what was best for me. Instead... I stuck it out for my team. But I was a broken man - and still am. Not sure I can recover from this all that easy. I was hoping to be lynched anyway and get this over with.

Then out of nowhere Senna came and vouched for my innocence. The sheer amount of stupid luck is not only unprecedentedly undeserved, but I do not think there is a single parallel universe where that happened. I obviously killed Senna the next night. And the night after. Sorry about that, Senna. You didn't play it terribly wrong considering you didn't know there were two teams at the time. Just terribly bad luck.

So the torture of this game continued for several game days more. And none of you people wanted to lynch me. Despite me literally disappearing from the face of the game. Yes, sometimes I was just laying low. But most of the time I was literally just dreading having to face the game again. On two occasions I got home from work and decided to play a video game rather than open my browser. But despite that, Dendrek somehow got convinced I saved his bacon on one of the nights. And then suddenly I was the most trusted player by the most trusted player. I don't even know what I deserve to have this happen to me, but considering the dread it prolonged - probably something REALLY REALLY bad. And that's really how I somehow ended up winning this game. Murphy's law. It was the worst outcome possible, and thus it had to happen. It's not a victory I earned. It's a victory I very very much was inflicted upon. And I will carry the scar.

--
    @Catta, my particular apologies to you for killing you on the last night. Asshole move, I know. But you were the one player I was particularly certain would be killable and not scum. And I really really wanted this game to be done with. A dual-kill would do it. And you were it.

I also want to thank my teammate @Kryllian for saving some of my sanity. He deserves a bloody medal.

Best moment: using Murphy's law to identify Reticence as the president.
    Worst moment: realizing Murphy's law just forced me to win.

I need a break after this. Probably a long one. I have one in the form of co-modding with Reticence in the D&D game, but I might need some more. To all of you who really really want me dead by now - I am sure we can arrange something. I'm pretty sure Reticence would be happy to arrange something!

And don't you all forget the golden rule of mafia: LYNCH DANNER!
    - If I'm scum, you lynched scum
    - If I'm town, you avoid the curse of Danner
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    So kill you D1 next game?? OK! j/k
    I'll understand if people want to kill me early on next time around.

Though I do hope people enjoy my theatrics and guessing whether or not I'm scum or town.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm pretty sure this game broke Danner. I had to slap him in the qt because he was losing it. I'm also a bit disappointed though that as the goon I didn't get sent out on a single kill!

Kryllian - Shoggoth 2016
    Does this presidential election feel insane to you? Can't decide which way to vote?
    Vote for the team that will drive you crazy. Literally!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    The Kurenai lynch probably cost us the game.
    Yeah, that left you relying on Mafia mistakes. You may have been back in with a shout had they double tapped Dendrek last night- because of Catta's role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes, I won! Hahaha BITCHES!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Just as you planned!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I was sad that you died.

Thank you for the game Cruelle!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post