Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Easy for the guy to say who rants about a game if the PC port is not up to his standards and made a living off it.

He should follow his own advice.

This guy literally made a living by shit talking games, and he's telling me to let go of bullshit and enjoy games? I already enjoy games, sounds like hes the one that needs to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    At the same time, damn near 100% of "internet celebrities" get there by whipping up and feeding on that "bullshit and drama", and when one day they say, "Oh, I'm comfortable now and don't really need to build a name anymore, lets stop all that because I don't really benefit from it as much anymore so it's not as enjoyable." it kinda feels empty.
    I'm sure 99% of those celebs don't have cancer possibly ending their life.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Isn't that what the problem is though?
    That some people just aren't letting games be games. And that this requires a response if you don't want your medium destroyed.

I never liked TotalBiscuit because he seemed like a bitch when people have him shit. He got so offended by credit going through his fridge and posting it on a video he went into the comments and insulted everyone.

Then I hear he doesn't have comments enabled on his videos. Sounds like a little child putting fingers in his ears and saying I can't hear you blah blah blah.

Now he says we should just accept games and stop complaining. Weow

I'd rather complain about how WoW turned to shit than just accept that shit. Maybe because I remember what it use to be, but I think he's in that boat too.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, now we know who's been playing Huniepop.
    Hey hey hey, I don't play that. I just have other eroges.

dealing with shit on the internet isn't really living out of the bubble. folks you come across in a comment section, gaming board like this, or even something like twitter are not representative of all people in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Easy for the guy to say who rants about a game if the PC port is not up to his standards and made a living off it.

He should follow his own advice.

This guy literally made a living by shit talking games, and he's telling me to let go of bullshit and enjoy games? I already enjoy games, sounds like hes the one that needs to.
    i fail to see how the quality of a product is in anyway comparable to fake controversy by both sides of an argument over dumb shit like tracers butt.

theres pages and pages and pages of people bickering back and forth over a fake arse. those people are wasting there life.

tb telling a consumer the quality of a product is his job where hes actually trying his best to provide actual details to consumers not manipulate them for money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I never liked TotalBiscuit because he seemed like a bitch when people have him shit. He got so offended by credit going through his fridge and posting it on a video he went into the comments and insulted everyone.

Then I hear he doesn't have comments enabled on his videos. Sounds like a little child putting fingers in his ears and saying I can't hear you blah blah blah.

Now he says we should just accept games and stop complaining. Weow

I'd rather complain about how WoW turned to shit than just accept that shit. Maybe because I remember what it use to be, but I think he's in that boat too.
    he was pretending to be upset about crendor going in his fridge, it was planned all along that crendor was going to make a noncontent video of tbs fridge just like he had did to jesses fridge when he and toaster woman went to go visit him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Isn't that what the problem is though?
    That some people just aren't letting games be games. And that this requires a response if you don't want your medium destroyed.
    if people didnt bitch and moan about everything anita and kotaku and those like them said they wouldnt have been able to go to the fucking un.

they have a platform because their haters made them a platform
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

But it's hard to play games when the devs are just assholes and steal your money with unfinished or lied about content.
    WoW: Had a month of fun. A single month.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    This is the same Totalbiscuit who got banned from Starcraft forums cos he keeps crying over how his team lost due to bad gamedesign and not player skill? This is the same Totalbiscuit who gemmed SPIRIT on a MAGE in Burning Crusade? This is the same Totalbiscuit who tweeted "get cancer" to people giving honest criticism about his shows and playstyle (the irony of him getting cancer himself later is not lost on me)?

Yea, so now, after years of raging and belittling anyone who doesn't stream and contribute to online gaming communities, now he wants to appear as a peacemaker? Maybe he should have thought about this five years ago? Ten years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i fail to see how the quality of a product is in anyway comparable to fake controversy by both sides of an argument over dumb shit like tracers butt.

theres pages and pages and pages of people bickering back and forth over a fake arse. those people are wasting there life.

tb telling a consumer the quality of a product is his job where hes actually trying his best to provide actual details to consumers not manipulate them for money

- - - Updated - - -

he was pretending to be upset about crendor going in his fridge, it was planned all along that crendor was going to make a noncontent video of tbs fridge just like he had did to jesses fridge when he and toaster woman went to go visit him.
    Oh please get out of here with this cop out. He has trashed games that are perfectly playable because they might lack some obscure option he thinks is mandatory for PC ports. We aren't talking Arkham Knight here, we are talking perfectly fine working and playable games that he has shit on.

So maybe if he didn't care so much about his "cynical britt" character he himself would have followed his advice long ago and helped promote games more then he has bashed them. As it is he has shit on far more products then he has endorsed. Doesn't sound to me like he should be telling anyone else to drop bullshit and support developers/enjoy games when his entire career is a complete 180 of that logic.

Oh please get out of here with this cop out. He has trashed games that are perfectly playable because they might lack some obscure option he thinks is mandatory for PC ports. We aren't talking Arkham Knight here, we are talking perfectly fine working and playable games that he has shit on.

So maybe if he didn't care so much about his "cynical britt" character he himself would have followed his advice long ago and helped promote games more then he has bashed them. As it is he has shit on far more products then he has endorsed. Doesn't sound to me like he should be telling anyone else to drop bullshit and support developers/enjoy games when his entire career is a complete 180 of that logic.
    just because someone has high standards doesnt make them wrong.

i dont agree with everything he says and many of the products he doesnt feel are up to snuff i like just fine, but i dont act like he doesnt have consumers as his first priority.

standards are different for different people.

plenty of people are fine with eating knockoff brands, doesnt mean namebrands arent higher quality.

maybe if you actually watched the video you would know he isnt talking about actual critic but people lying and manipulating people purely for views because their media is dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    When most of comments are shit like: “you deserve that cancer and once you die I’ll kill your child and rape your wife”, yeah… what a child for just ignoring it all. X__x
    honestly i dont think 99% of the people here even watched the video or know what tb is even saying.

or maybe theyre just super into arguing about fake butts on the internet
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just because someone has high standards doesnt make them wrong.

i dont agree with everything he says and many of the products he doesnt feel are up to snuff i like just fine, but i dont act like he doesnt have consumers as his first priority.

standards are different for different people.

plenty of people are fine with eating knockoff brands, doesnt mean namebrands arent higher quality.

maybe if you actually watched the video you would know he isnt talking about actual critic but people lying and manipulating people purely for views because their media is dying.
    I know exactly what he is talking about and I'm exposing the hypocrisy in it. He is basically saying his brand of bullshit is fine but others is not. Your defense of him is not making anyone change their opinion on how hilariously dumb he sounds.

Not if they don't run at 60 fps though, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    He basically disables comments, so he can effectively just live in a bubble from now on. Ignoring the media and sticking with friends and associates only.

Not going to follow his advice because I've become a far better person by dealing with the worst the internet has thrown at me. Maybe if I were dying, or just needing to chill, I'd stay away from "drama".
    Difference being, no one knows who the fuck you are and thus no one gives a shit about you.

You don't have to deal with a fraction of what TB had to go through.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    When most of comments are shit like: “you deserve that cancer and once you die I’ll kill your child and rape your wife”, yeah… what a child for just ignoring it all. X__x
    The proper response would be "Thanks man, here's to hoping you get cancer and die of it as well."
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

I know exactly what he is talking about and I'm exposing the hypocrisy in it. He is basically saying his brand of bullshit is fine but others is not. Your defense of him is not making anyone change their opinion on how hilariously dumb he sounds.
    hypocrisy of having high standards versus outright lies and manipulation?

lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    This is the same Totalbiscuit who got banned from Starcraft forums cos he keeps crying over how his team lost due to bad gamedesign and not player skill? This is the same Totalbiscuit who gemmed SPIRIT on a MAGE in Burning Crusade? This is the same Totalbiscuit who tweeted "get cancer" to people giving honest criticism about his shows and playstyle (the irony of him getting cancer himself later is not lost on me)?

Yea, so now, after years of raging and belittling anyone who doesn't stream and contribute to online gaming communities, now he wants to appear as a peacemaker? Maybe he should have thought about this five years ago? Ten years ago?
    Yeah I'm having a hard time understanding why so many people seem to blindly believe what he says as if it's some kind of revelation.

Whereas in reality it's just a disguised rant and generalization that helps with nothing and is in fact even dishonest given the track record of the speaker.

This thread is some next level irony.

That is what I have been doing since the beginning.... I am glad he finally caught on and hope he is doing better with his health. I did like his wit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Yeah I'm having a hard time understanding why so many people seem to blindly believe what he says as if it's some kind of revelation.

Whereas in reality it's just a disguised rant and generalization that helps with nothing and is in fact even dishonest given the track record of the speaker.
    i dont know of many who blindly follow tb, but most people respect his opinions because hes honest and upfront about his positions.

even when i disagree with tb i can see his perspective in the argument, i fall much more in line with jesse and crendors more freegoing way of thinking as my standards arent anywhere near tb's so i dont watch too much of tb's videos but they can definitely be good for checking out a game i havent seen before because even if i dont agree with his viewpoints i know hes not bullshitting me