Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because, although super effective in meme's, pocket sand just does not match up well against RPG's and .50 cal's.

Because they don't want to die? Suprising right?

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    You're talking about the Soviet Army, a trained military force of millions. They didn't just throw millions of peasants at tanks until they won. They were the fucking army. They were soldiers. The factions in Syria are armed to the teeth. You're advocated that unarmed civilians try to fight chemical weapons and various arms supplied by first world countries to various factions with hand to hand combat. Which is idiotic. And guaranteed massive loss of life. In the name of Arishtat, I'm trying to drop the sarcasm. Surely you must see how 10/10 asinine it is for a person born in a peaceful, prosperous country for which they've never sacrificed to belittle Syrians for not committing suicide by the millions to reclaim their bombed out rubble of a non-country?
    This peaceful prosperous country would not exist if people fled civil war which happened here, and Russian invasion twice. Want to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by Arishtat View Post
    This isn't a video game, you can't just go "Let's go guys, STORM THEM!". You will die, in great fucking numbers. And if you bring up the Russians again, that's all Russia has EVER done in wars. Win through attrition. Nor is it something to be proud of. "Well boys, we only lost like 25 million dudes, but WE WON!".

No other country does that, and for good fucking reason lol.
    And winning through attrition works, when your enemy simply cannot match you by any means. All I'm saying is, it would have been doable. It probably isn't any longer, because you don't have the people there anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    Guilty by association.
    They are as much guilty by association with criminals just because they are Syrians, as you are guilty by association with Pablo Escobar just because he was human.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Those pussy Jews running from Nazis

Am I doing it right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    This peaceful prosperous country would not exist if people fled civil war which happened here, and Russian invasion twice. Want to try again?
    The Whites vs the Reds ? Once again, 1940s weaponry vs weaponry now,a nd there is no comparison. That and you guys had plenty of foreign "volunteers" for both side of that, Swedes, Germans, etc etc. Also, you lost that invasion, twice.

It's still not remotely comparable.

Well, largely because the majority of the refugees streaming into Europe are not actually fleeing from any active war zone, they're economic refugees.

... So if I understand you correctly, you think Syrian civilians should go bersekrer spec, and bare knuckle box Assad and ISIS and whatever other fucked up shit is going on down there? Similar to the way you've never repelled a foreign invasion in your life or have any context for the current situation? Which country are you from again? Please google "your country name + civil war refugees" or "your country name + russian invasion refugees" and dismount your absurdly high horse.

The Whites vs the Reds ? Once again, 1940s weaponry vs weaponry now,a nd there is no comparison. That and you guys had plenty of foreign "volunteers" for both side of that, Swedes, Germans, etc etc. Also, you lost that invasion, twice.

It's still not remotely comparable.
    I call it win since Finland exists separate from Russia. How is Syria doing again? Right, there's not a single solution in sight.

... So if I understand you correctly, you think Syrian civilians should go bersekrer spec, and bare knuckle box Assad and ISIS and whatever other fucked up shit is going on down there? Similar to the way you've never repelled a foreign invasion in your life or have any context for the current situation? Which country are you from again? Please google "your country name + civil war refugees" or "your country name + russian invasion refugees" and dismount your absurdly high horse.
    Women and children. Not the military capable men. Seeing the difference there?

Probably a much better question would be why aren't other Muslim countries taking them in.

I though Islam is all about taking care of the poor and less fortunate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Deleted

And winning through attrition works, when your enemy simply cannot match you by any means. All I'm saying is, it would have been doable. It probably isn't any longer, because you don't have the people there anymore.
    It still wouldn't be doable because there was never any one cohesive side vs another. It was an all out brawl, and literally no reason for any of them to just "get rid of ISIS" when they have potentially bigger fish to fry in other coalitions, or the government.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Because they don't want to die? Suprising right?
    Damn!

man who would've thought...

oh please just stop, you're comparing different things
    they're civilians goddamn, they dont want to fight, or die, so they escape, is it so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Probably a much better question would be why aren't other Muslim countries taking them in.

I though Islam is all about taking care of the poor and less fortunate?
    Like lebanon? or like Egypt, or like Iran, or afghanistan?
    please, inform yourself, muslim countries take almost all of the refugees
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-04-13 at 06:36 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    I call it win since Finland exists separate from Russia. How is Syria doing again? Right, there's not a single solution in sight.
    Not because of anything that you Finns did. If it wasn't for Germany, your country would have been gone, ski-snipers or not. Once again....you also only fascism vs communism, not a bunch of different groups going at it.

So please, get off your high horse with that. You exist thanks to Hitler and nothing else.

Women and children. Not the military capable men. Seeing the difference there?
    No there is no difference. It's civilians. I don't know when everyone with a penis started counting as a soldier. I know Obama says so, but that's obviously ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    oh please just stop, you're comparing different things
    they're civilians goddamn, they dont want to fight, or die, so they escape, is it so hard to understand?
    No, it isn't. And it should be equally easy to understand, that them fleeing the country will not solve the problems in any way. That's also very easy. If you take part in something, trying to make a difference, then you have a chance of doing so. If you do nothing, then you are guaranteed to fix nothing.

No there is no difference. It's civilians. I don't know when everyone with a penis started counting as a soldier. I know Obama says so, but that's obviously ludicrous.
    Back in those days, men retreating or trying to flee was considered treason, so....Back in those times man ment a soldier.

Not because of anything that you Finns did. If it wasn't for Germany, your country would have been gone, ski-snipers or not. Once again....you also only fascism vs communism, not a bunch of different groups going at it.

So please, get off your high horse with that. You exist thanks to Hitler and nothing else.
    This exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't. And it should be equally easy to understand, that them fleeing the country will not solve the problems in any way. That's also very easy. If you take part in something, trying to make a difference, then you have a chance of doing so. If you do nothing, then you are guaranteed to fix nothing.
    Nice soundbites when you're sitting cushy in a place that isn't ravaged by war.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    It cant be fixed. Which groups do they join? Do they make a new one? Are they Assad/Russia and get bombed by the US/Allies or are they US/Allies and get bombed by the Russians/Assad? What if their are Kurds in the ranks and they get bombed by Turkey.... if it was 2 sides, maybe more people would be fighting, but there are way more than that.

yes, it is, you're comparing between wars between nation states, and civil wars between multiple factions with no clear "good guy" and no hope of getting better. there's literally no incentive for them to stay and fight.
    jump of your high horse
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker