Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    As much as I loathe Trump as an individual, he is actually a better choice than both Bernie and Hillary. Whoever wrote his tax and healthcare plans (as I don't believe for a second it was Trump himself) isn't completely insane so that's something. Bernie's tax plan is horrendous and Hillary...ugh, Hillary. What a horrible election year. D=

Anyway, as for the topic at hand I'm not surprised. Anyone that makes enough to hire an accountant should be doing the same to avoid as much in taxes as humanly possible. I do find it a little hypocritical, yes.
    Eh, anyone with basic reading and math skills could use FreeTaxUSA.com to make the same deductions Bernie did. I helped a friend file earlier today and saw spots in there for charitable donations and various real estate related spots. Nothing hypocritical about not abusing the system. I guess he could have mailed the IRS more money than he owed as some sort of symbolic gesture...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=-aiko-;39855842]As much as I loathe Trump as an individual, he is actually a better choice than both Bernie and Hillary. [QUOTE]

You don't loathe Trump and you are not fooling anybody. This is classic denial-of-affiliation phrasing.

Don't insult people's intelligence, if you are a Trump supporter have the courage to say so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today i learned that legal deductions are loopholes.
    Oh well..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Don't insult people's intelligence, if you are a Trump supporter have the courage to say so.
    Sorry, but I am definitely not a Trump supporter and am going to withhold voting this election.

Thanks for trying to speak for me, though.

Bernie should be paying 75% in taxes, imo. I deserve some of his wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Oh well..
    Anything in the tax code I don't like is a loophole. Anything that benefits me is a righteous and well earned break. I'm tolerably sure that's the standard line of thinking anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    As much as I loathe Trump as an individual, he is actually a better choice than both Bernie and Hillary. Whoever wrote his tax and healthcare plans (as I don't believe for a second it was Trump himself) isn't completely insane so that's something. Bernie's tax plan is horrendous and Hillary...ugh, Hillary. What a horrible election year. D=

Anyway, as for the topic at hand I'm not surprised. Anyone that makes enough to hire an accountant should be doing the same to avoid as much in taxes as humanly possible. I do find it a little hypocritical, yes.
    so you support him and yet you don't at the same time....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Oh well..
    And here Trump is still undergoing an IRS audit like a "good American".

Deleted
    This is really just a thread where the OP twists facts to make Bernie look like some sort of crook. The man is not perfect, but here he didn't take advantage of any loophole that is not actually mainstream applied to everyone already.

As for the OP's replies "but why didn't he pay a flat income tax?" - because the law is not like that.