Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Spare the rod, spoil the child.

I went to a Catholic school that did paddling and smacking with the ruler. Guess what? We all behaved. All it took was for it to happen to you once and you learned.

I still believe if parents would spank their children we wouldn't be seeing all these stupid overly liberal collage protest from spoiled pampered brats.
    I am a stoopid librul and I got spanked all the time.

How does jail time for truancy when the kid is actually suspended make any sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How does jail time for truancy when the kid is actually suspended make any sense?
    The idea and thought process is that the parents are responsible for making sure their children are in school. If the parents are allowing their child to constantly skip school then it can be viewed as the parents denying the child an education and/or wasting the time and money of the school/state to help the child catch up to his classmates as the child has missed multiple lessons and assignments. So there for as punishment to the parent is jail as that will help them understand that there is consequences for their actions.

One day in jail and I bet you'll make sure your child is at school for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2016-04-17 at 03:47 PM.

The idea and thought process is that the parents are responsible for making sure their children are in school. If the parents are allowing their child to constantly skip school then it can be viewed as the parents denying the child an education and/or wasting the time and money of the school/state to help the child catch up to his classmates as the child has missed multiple lessons and assignments.
    But you "don't allow the child to skip school" if the child is suspended.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

But you "don't allow the child to skip school" if the child is suspended.
    In this case the parent would have. She was given a choice, spanking or suspension. By choosing suspension she would be taking the child out of school.

The only thing disturbing about this is if you would change it to a female student and male teachers and a dad you'd have 3 people in jail faster than you could file the charges.

Well, you know what sexual fetish this kid will end up with

- - - Updated - - -

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

I went to a Catholic school that did paddling and smacking with the ruler. Guess what? We all behaved. All it took was for it to happen to you once and you learned.

I still believe if parents would spank their children we wouldn't be seeing all these stupid overly liberal collage protest from spoiled pampered brats.
    I went to a school with no paddling or corporal punishment. We all behaved. Woaaaah.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What great values to instill - that violence is an acceptable solution. Violence begets violence.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    All they will learn is: if they do this, they will suffer. It doesn't teach them anything about morals, about WHY it is wrong to do something. It just tells them: either don't do that, or you will suffer.

A proper teaching, I think, should let the kid understand WHY doing something is wrong - and then that kid won't want to do it in the first place, without any threats. It is a healthier approach.
    Kids are often too stupid to understand the WHY, no matter how well you explain it to them. Sometimes, on a rare occasion, they need physical punishment, because it's the only way to show them WHY they shouldnt do whatever they did. All kids are different ofcourse, so you cant say stupid shit like "all kids needs physical punishment" or "no kids need physical punishment". It doesnt work like that. You cannot have strict rules on how to raise a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Kids are often too stupid to understand the WHY, no matter how well you explain it to them.
    That seems to apply to a lot of adults I see.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

In this case the parent would have. She was given a choice, spanking or suspension. By choosing suspension she would be taking the child out of school.
    But it's the school that would not allow the child in regardless of her, or even the child's, say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    What great values to instill - that violence is an acceptable solution. Violence begets violence.
    They'll make a great addition to North Korea or Saudi Arabia.

"they told me if he could not get a paddling he would have to be suspended"
    Okay, that's somewhat reasonable.
    "and if he got suspended for even one day I WILL go to jail for truancy..."
    I'm sorry what?!

Threatening her with jail time for not letting them beat her child? The hell?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Typical school trying to scare parent into cooperating BS most likely.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "they told me if he could not get a paddling he would have to be suspended"
    Okay, that's somewhat reasonable.
    "and if he got suspended for even one day I WILL go to jail for truancy..."
    I'm sorry what?!

Threatening her with jail time for not letting them beat her child? The hell?!
    Someone needed to "beat" the kid or the parent, maybe both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Absolute barbarians.

I promise you - if anyone ever tried to do that to one of my kids (regardless of her/his indiscipline) I would fucking bury them.

My children behave well because I've brought them up with love, respect and reasonable discipline - not through the threat of violence. I've never had any account to abuse them in this way.

An inexcusable abuse of authority.

Deleted
    I was expecting worse.

I received worse when I did stupid shit as a kid. Sometimes it's the only way a kid can understand. Punishment.
    I didn't grow up violent, or psychopath. I grew up understanding that actions have consequences, and those consequences can hurt me.

The only problem I have with this video, is that only the parents should have the right to punish their kids in a minor physical way. No one else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    I was expecting worse.

I received worse when I did stupid shit as a kid. Sometimes it's the only way a kid can understand. Punishment.
    I didn't grow up violent, or psychopath. I grew up understanding that actions have consequences, and those consequences can hurt me.

The only problem I have with this video, is that only the parents should have the right to punish their kids in a minor physical way. No one else.
    Ssh anecdotal evidence is only acceptable when its in favor of non corporal punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    I was expecting worse.

OK - some kind of punishment, yep ---- but two adults, talking calmly while physically restraining and attempting to beat a hysterical four year old child in front of his mum? Complete madness. It's the stuff of nightmares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Ssh anecdotal evidence is only acceptable when its in favor of non corporal punishment.
    Give me some non-anecdotal evidence in favour of corporal punishment, then.

I watched the whole video and I didn't even see when this child was even hit.