Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The entire 420 event in Vancouver was a fucking emberessment for responsible pot smokers everywhere. If anything the whole event set the movement back. I hate it.

Makes me feel ashamed to be a pot smoker

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    still insist it is a bad choice and probably one that will cause more trouble than anything else...

if they want to let pot heads do w.e they want, i hope that within their regulations they have severe penalties for accidents or any other criminal behavior while under the influence of a drug....same as with drinking and driving

if you want to do it, do it in a place you can only hurt yourself... sounds more than fair imo
    We already HAVE laws for driving under the influence of weed - criminal code for getting a DUI here is basically driving under the influence of ANYTHING including not enough sleep. Dunno how it is elsewhere. When they say they're gonna crack down on it, its likely they mean that you'll do more time or a higher penalty for getting caught lit and driving than drunk.

Honestly weed is so easy to obtain and so largely ignored by the police alot of the time that legalizing it really just serves to ensure that A. people don't have to interact with the criminal element to obtain it (thereby avoiding, things like free samples of OTHER drugs - a tried and true tactic for alot of dealers) and B. that the stupdendous amount of money criminals make on weed that probably hasn't been grown to meet any kind of safety regulation doesn't sink directly back in to paying for OTHER criminal activities.

It's hardly "let pot heads do w.e they want" as you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pot debate is so lame anymore. Everyone reads something on a forum or blog or watches some documentary on youtube and thinks they know everything about cannabis. Should pot be legal? Sure, why not. Prostitution should be as well imho. Intoxicated people, whether it be alcohol or marijuana, are both equally fucking annoying so what does it really matter?

Legalize pot - Tax the fuck out of it like liquor (in the states) and profit like Colorado. It's a no brainer. People who argue against pot tax don't understand government bodies. You can't have your cake and eat it too with the government, it's one or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Weed politics are fucking boring. As are the people who smoke it 24/7.
    By all means go home and unwind with a bong, but people who want to have the freedom to walk around the streets smoking it? Please, why not take this bottle of vodka and walk around drinking that too? Have some self respect.
    I'd feel the same way; only a stoned person and a drunk person (esp. on liquor) tend to behave in very different ways, so I''m not entirely convinced the same argument can be made. May as well shout at coffee drinkers to have self-respect :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I think my only issue with legalizing weed personally is that if a moron comes to work drunk its fairly self evident. Alot of people come to work HIGH AS BALLS though and since being high doesn't totally torpedo your ability to function the way booze does, they manage to make it LOOK like their doing something when anyone that matters around, and are in fact doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing. It's annoying in the extreme - and thats with weed being note entirely legal to obtain. I can't even fathom the boldness some people will have with this type of thing when weed ain't no thang anymore. Otherwise legalizing makes alot of sense from a purely government point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Canada debt will look like a hockey stick graph after trudeau gets done with you.
    As opposed to what it looks like when Harper was running things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    they manage to make it LOOK like their doing something when anyone that matters around, and are in fact doing abso-fucking-lutely nothing.
    I don't see that being any more of a problem than people who do that while being stone sober.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    There are reasons why weed is actually less dangerous than alcohole.
    You can't kill yourself from smoking too much weed alone.
    You realize you are incapable of driving properly.

Maybe I missed it but I thought the major problem was getting around the International agreement on drugs that Canada signed which would stop us from legalizing pot.

I am starting to agree with people on this board that the drug should remain illegal, if only to stop the growing number of annoying people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Weed politics are fucking boring. As are the people who smoke it 24/7.
    By all means go home and unwind with a bong, but people who want to have the freedom to walk around the streets smoking it? Please, why not take this bottle of vodka and walk around drinking that too? Have some self respect.
    I rather like having a bottle of wine or some ciders while at a picnic in the park, which is legal in much of Houston. Get over it.

Also unsure what that has to do with my self-respect.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Maybe I missed it but I thought the major problem was getting around the International agreement on drugs that Canada signed which would stop us from legalizing pot.
    They actually mention that in the press release:

The legislation to be introduced next spring and the regulations that follow it will be designed to keep marijuana away from both children and organized crime, said Philpott, whose speech drew upon her experience as a doctor in Africa as she spoke about the impacts of ineffective drug policies.

"While this plan challenges the status quo in many countries, we are convinced it is the best way to protect our youth while enhancing public safety,” Philpott said.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I rather like having a bottle of wine or some ciders while at a picnic in the park, which is legal in much of Houston. Get over it.

Also unsure what that has to do with my self-respect.
    I walk with a fantastic beer home via the beach everyday.

Apparently I lack self respect as well.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I walk with a fantastic beer home via the beach everyday.

Apparently I lack self respect as well.
    If anyone lacks self-respect it's Hobbes for caring what other people think.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I am starting to agree with people on this board that the drug should remain illegal, if only to stop the growing number of annoying people.
    I daresay a lot of annoying people would be much less so if they would just chill out and light up.

I'm just hoping we finally legalize it down here in Florida so I can open my bakery here rather than moving.