Poll: Best timeperiod for WoW?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    TBC by far, it had biggest surge of players for a reason. It gave WoW extra 4 mil subs over it's run while Wotlk barely 1 mil. Numbers don't lie if you know how to read them.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm voting MoP but I have multiple answers:

From a single player POV (questing/dailies): WotLK hands down as the questing was at it's pinnacle both lore wise and quantity wise, after this it was all downhill until we reach the joke that is WoD.

From a dungeon POV: Vanilla/TBC/WotLK, this is when dungeons gave gear you could raid in and were designed well and not to be 10-15m LFD blitz's.

Raiding POV: MoP, due to the combination of reforging (making more items viable), valor, etc giving so much choice in gear so many items to work for, some awesome encounters and this being the last expan before the death of the 10m mythic format. MoP narrowly grabs it over WotLK, which had so many good memories of 10m hard/heroic bosses, limited TOTC mount runs, Yoggy, LK, etc.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-05-03 at 12:34 PM.

Even though I despise everything about pandas, asian-theme and the ost of mop, i'll have to admit i had a lot of fun during this xpack.

First of all Vanila

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Vanilla - WotLK as a whole was the best time in WoW, basically everything after Cata has been downhill. Wrath is what I would say was the best though because it was the peak of the three best periods WoW has had. WoTLK brought content that still took time and effort to get through all of it but did it in a way so that it was still accessible to everyone.
    this is exactly the same for me..
    cata is a no go for me because they destroyed the old world..
    mop was the light after the long dark cata tunnel..
    wod only good things are the easy gold earning and the easy profession learning..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    this poll is fucked though. So many people on these boards haven't played Vanilla/TBC or even WOTLK. So what do they vote?
    In all honesty and even then you get a biased poll sorta due to nostalgia... you should players who have experienced every expansion
    I agree that very few people have played vanilla/TBC these days but i disagree with your view on nostalgia.

Ur basically telling people that their opinions dont count and thats just wrong. Everyone knows at what time in Wows lifetime that they had the most fun, that has fukk all to do with nostalgia, thats an emotional response to playing a videogame. I know that i had the most fun ever during Wrath, thats my opinion and i am the only person who can judge when i had fun.

And that is what the poll is asking...

Deleted
    I played and raided at a high level from the start of vanilla to the end of MoP, and mid vanilla/TBC was without a doubt the best, since then it's been going downhill and today WoW is more or less a single player facebook game that doesn't require any skill, time or work to get rewarded, only thinking about how Blizz have managed to ruin such an awesome game makes me see red.
    Last edited by mmocf4ab73a1dd; 2016-05-04 at 12:22 PM.

I think anyone who picks vanilla over WoD probably didn't play vanilla. Things are far better now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to vote for vanilla generally speaking because of the new and amazing WoW feel that you felt for the very first time when playing the game, 2nd for me would be Wrath of the Lich King just an amazing expansion for so many reasons.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Each xpack have always had positive and negative changes. I think, technically WotLK wasn't the best xpack, but it had best positive/negative ratio. Yeah, every next xpack had some positive changes, but they have always been weighted down by negative ones. Blizzard can't understand, that positive and negative changes aren't additive, so negative ones always balanced by positive ones. No. They're like a spoon of tar in a barrel of honey - even one minor negative change kills all the hype. So positive and negative changes are multiplicative.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Wotlk overall was were i enjoyed wow the most
    After that i would say mop and then tbc

Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK.

Vanilla by far. Such a different game then it is now.

As for expansions, I would probably go with MoP. Even if you dislike the theme, it still had the stong aesthetics, storytelling, and variety of content.

Deleted
    Tbc then vanilla. Wotlk was pretty good thanks to ulduar but i thought everything else was pretty meh. Faceroll aoefest heroics and ToC and also the introduction of the real LFD sucked giant penis. Also had retarded catchup mechanics where you got loot for free, in tbc you atleast had to farm 150 badges for the weapons and that was isle of quel danas patch. Cata could have been nice since they reintroduced good heroics but they quickly nerfed them into oblivion becuase all the wrath babies were crying..
    mop and wod sucked dick but atleast the mythic raiding was fun in wod. So yeah, overall easily tbc for me. Some of the best raids ever and the best dungeons, also the best specc ever, 33/28 slam specc warrior.

WoD has the best raiding and it's not even close. Overall though I'd say WOTLK was the best expansion.

WotLK, without question.

But not due to anything BLIZ did. I formed my own guild then, met all my new friends and with commitment, and struggling, we accomplished all our goals. At the end of WotLK, we all felt really good about the fact that we'd banded together, formed a guild and succeeded where I'm sure no player you asked, would have expected us to.

I also began the expac, guildless but not alone. I had friends from ex-raiding guilds and I could easily PUG any content I wanted to do. Their guilds all did 25mans, so they did a ton of 10s and I was always welcome to go since they were well aware I was one of the best players they had access to. (I was one of the best on server, not like in world or anything too nuts like that). (They kept asking me to join their 25man guilds but I refused. Created my own guild, with all new people of my choosing.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Vanilla - WotLK as a whole was the best time in WoW, basically everything after Cata has been downhill. Wrath is what I would say was the best though because it was the peak of the three best periods WoW has had. WoTLK brought content that still took time and effort to get through all of it but did it in a way so that it was still accessible to everyone.
    It started going downhill hard in wotlk, the game started catering to casuals and look what we got, faceroll aoe heroics for all the remaining expansions, LFD queu shit, worst feature after cross realms?( Also brought us LFR later on, hurray). Also started the mindset of having alot of different difficulties and raid sizes. So many bad things came out of wotlk, ugh...

Wrath during ICC held my interest quite a bit. I played alts, did ICC with those alts, had fun. I felt the same interest during Siege of Org.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I agree that very few people have played vanilla/TBC these days but i disagree with your view on nostalgia.

Ur basically telling people that their opinions dont count and thats just wrong. Everyone knows at what time in Wows lifetime that they had the most fun, that has fukk all to do with nostalgia, thats an emotional response to playing a videogame. I know that i had the most fun ever during Wrath, thats my opinion and i am the only person who can judge when i had fun.

And that is what the poll is asking...
    the nostalgia part comes in when people first play this game mostly.
    I've played from launch day right? I love vanilla. I love TBC, I even love WOTLK. The rest began to suck to suck really hard.
    Now I see people voting so hard for MoP but also a lot of these players started in MoP. And while everyone can have a different opinion then mine, I would like to think that if they did start playing earlier, they would never or far less likely vote for MoP.
    So that first playing time is where nostalgia had a lot to do with what you vote.

Then again... I absolutely had GREAT time in Vanilla. And having played on a vanilla server (years ago) I know that for me this isn't nostalgia (alone). I liked the way the game was paced and I liked how everything was so big compared to now. I did not like how classes worked though but I accepted (and still do) it. I rather have a good community and immersion then what we have now. (what do we have now?)

So I am not one of those who will parrot on all about nostalgia etc. I did use the word but to me it meant more nuance then what you said I wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Late Vanilla where they started to iron out the bugs to Mid BC. With Sunwell came the first notable examples of obvious timegating and catch up mechanics, two of my top five "things hurting current WoW". So between buggy vanilla and the dumming down that started to come with Sunwell was the best time
    I really agree with you.

When MGT heroic came out and the upgraded badge gear, it instantly made everything in TBC feel like a waste of time. Kind of like WoD how everything but HFC heroic/mythic is a complete waste of time and not even worth the effort of zoning in for.

before that period in TBC, every week was awesome progressing something (t4/t5/t6, profs, normal badge, reps etc) and then boom - brick wall Sunwell with catchup gear because nothing else mattered. Casuals couldn't do sunwell cause it was hard and everything else was a waste of time due to free gear.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.