Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ivanyr the hardest dungeon boss ever?

I've never experienced a dungeon boss that was as challenging as him with the constant crap coming towards you from the crystal to the insane interrupt requirement (fuck up once and he'll drain it completely all the time). This boss is brutal for melee, no boss so far on the alpha comes even close to him.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We definitely need shit hard bosses to repeat the Cata forum discussion cycle....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...o-2-hr-heroics

(I can link moar if anyone wants)
    Cata bosses were faceroll compared to Ivanyr. The problem is that nothing in the dungeon is even remotely close to him. It's like experiencing 5/10-6/10 and then hitting something like 11/10 and slamming into a brickwall. It's not fun if 1 boss alone is extreme. It's even worse if you have 3 melee since all his abilities fuck with melee so hard.

The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.

Yvanir is cool. He's not that hard. Just requires people to actually play.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure to submit that feedback, then. He's probably just majorly overtuned.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I was reading his overcharged phase was easier to deal with than phase 1 was, so people have just not been interrupting overcharge mana

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    This. I hope it stays as is because watching the class quests are painful when people simply can faceroll and ignore mechanics of the class they were supposed to be using. I'm ok with a brutal boss if he's doable by using your class mechanics.

Yeah. He's not that hard.

Don't stay too close to avoid the aoe damage. Try to make a tiny zone with the links while still not being packed too much to avoid aoe damage. Move the boss in such a way you stay close to the crystal (to interrupt) while avoiding all the shit on the ground. ITS not that hard.

It just requires everyone to actually do something and not hoping for you healer to heal everything for you. Use self heal/defensive cd.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    From what I was reading his overcharged phase was easier to deal with than phase 1 was, so people have just not been interrupting overcharge mana
    He gains 25% haste and damage increase if you do not interrupt him each time making his AOE attacks alot more dangerous.

With 3 melee it's beyond hard and you cannot expect people to coordinate in pugs well. Avoiding the never ending increasing stream of orbs that tick for 250k each 0.5sec makes it hard for melee to even get close to him.

In pugs you have the buff from tagging alone... should be okay.

and it's way easier with melee since their interrupt are on a shorter cd.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    In pugs you have the buff from tagging alone... should be okay.

and it's way easier with melee since their interrupt are on a shorter cd.
    15sec CD on interrupt. ranged have 24sec so with 2 ranged they can faceroll the interrupt and dps from a safe distance.

There were a lot of bosses that were incredibly overtuned earlier in the alpha as well - I can't even tell you how many wipes I had in the Maw of Souls. Probably just needs a numbers adjustment.

As far as random matchmaking goes, I agree with Blizzard that they should lean towards the easy side a bit since you get people you never played with before. Doesn't mean it should be faceroll, but easy enough for a bunch of people to get thrown together and figure it out easily.

Leave the challenging stuff to Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anything will ever be as hard as pugging Ozruk during the first few weeks of Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    15sec CD on interrupt. ranged have 24sec so with 2 ranged they can faceroll the interrupt and dps from a safe distance.
    Yeah 15 sec. All melee have gap closer afaik (except maybe dk) so... i don't see the issue.

also not all ranged have a 24 sec cd. Shadow has a 45 sec cd and I still managed to kill the boss with a enh and a dh (i never used my interrupt)

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 15 sec. All melee have gap closer afaik (except maybe dk) so... i don't see the issue.

also not all ranged have a 24 sec cd. Shadow has a 45 sec cd and I still managed to kill the boss with a enh and a dh (i never used my interrupt)
    Enhancement has a 30-yard range and 12 second cooldown on its interrupt, while Havoc has a 20-yard range interrupt. That's pretty much the best possible melee combo you could get for that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He gains 25% haste and damage increase if you do not interrupt him each time making his AOE attacks alot more dangerous.

With 3 melee it's beyond hard and you cannot expect people to coordinate in pugs well. Avoiding the never ending increasing stream of orbs that tick for 250k each 0.5sec makes it hard for melee to even get close to him.
    He does get buffed, but people are still saying its better to deal with him putting out a bit more normal aoe than it is to deal with the phase 1 mechanics. I'm sure this isn't intended, but its something to think about if you get stuck on him or something.

Cata bosses were faceroll compared to Ivanyr. The problem is that nothing in the dungeon is even remotely close to him. It's like experiencing 5/10-6/10 and then hitting something like 11/10 and slamming into a brickwall. It's not fun if 1 boss alone is extreme. It's even worse if you have 3 melee since all his abilities fuck with melee so hard.
    Sounds more like a problem with tuning rather than difficulty mechanics.

Killed him at least 5-6 times very easily with random groups over the past weeks.
    He is retardedly simple - you need to spread and make as small of a triangle as possible.
    Oh and actually interrupt him every, what, 25 seconds?
    The boss is fine, it is well tuned and is easy if you actually know your rotation.

Not bragging but I did arcway twice and we one shotted it both times and it was a pug. It's not that hard tbh, it's not like everything in heroics needs to be shit easy but people need to learn to read the journal before pulling everything you need to know is in there.

As others have stated, submit feedback (GOOD FEEDBACK mind you) if you feel that he's over tuned.

God knows when I was in the Mists of Pandaria Beta, the Temple of the Jade Serpent was harder then anything in Cataclysm, especially Pain and Strife. Obviously, it wasn't intended, especially since it was a Normal ,leveling dungeon. So, like others have said, submit feedback, let Blizzard know how and why you feel he's over tuned, and be part of the process of making him NOT be over tuned.

Deleted
    While it's not a bad thing, Majority of people who playing on a level where they need this, mostly have weakauras, which this can be done in within 30 seconds.