Poll: Should Blizzard ban bots and botters?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard have banned me for just mentioning, that I started to play Wow on private server. Why shouldn't they ban somebody for much worse offence, like botting?
    I'd appeal that if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Um, yes?

It also seems that 6.5% of voters use bots.
    I've never used a bot but in previous expansions I used to enjoy playing the auction house and I would say that 99% of the mats I purchased from the AH were farmed by bot users.

That ban someone posted is comedy gold thats like going to the cops and asking if they want to buy drugs off you. Even if its true admiting it in game after this whole nost thing is painting a target on your back for every private server hater to report you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Wow, that is actually really shitty. Was this recent?
    No, it's not recent - it was at the end of MOP, as I remember. But still: 1) Advertising means giving a link to object, being advertised - URL or at least it's name 2) Even if this is advertising (yeah, Blizzard have always had their own unique treatments of terms, like spamming and trolling: sometimes giving negative feedback = offending other players = trolling), according to forum rules you can't be banned permanently for advertising - temporary only 3) When private servers are so big taboo and censored so hardly, it really feels like discrimination - it's like banning people for just mentioning, that they done something wrong in the past - sat in prison for example. Anyway. Thousands of players discuss private servers now. Even bots aren't banned permanently any more. And I was always playing fairly - never cheated, botted or bought gold for GSers. If I can't enjoy game as is - without cheating or botting - why should I play it at all then? And I still can't get my case reviewed - I always get exactly the same copy-paste automated answer - we reviewed your case carefully and can confirm, that your ban is legitimate. Double-standarded hypocritical bastards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I'd appeal that if I was you.
    I have appealed 3-4 times already. Same copy-paste automated answer. Or there is more direct way to appeal, than to open ticket?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post

I have appealed 3-4 times already. Same copy-paste automated answer. Or there is more direct way to appeal, than to open ticket?
    You could try Web Chat

Deleted
    What a scary question.

Well.. no, they should not ban them. If i was blizzard, i would turn WoW into a bot-o-rama, a game especially catered to bots. Players would be banned in that game.

Thats actually a challenge as you had to code smart bots to win the game.

You could try Web Chat
    I don't think, it's good idea, cuz I'm in EU region and Blizzard employees here are just dummies. I heard somewhere, that there is direct mail address, I can send appeal to, that will be reviewed by higher level of administration.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    What a scary question.

Well.. no, they should not ban them. If i was blizzard, i would turn WoW into a bot-o-rama, a game especially catered to bots. Players would be banned in that game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_(video_game) ?

the downside to this type game is you don't get to actually play the game.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    What a scary question.

That sounds eerily similar to what happens when I enter my Garrison.

If bots are completely out of control in Legion just as WOD I am never PVPing, which will greatly reduce the amount of things I can do in and probably make me unsub quicker than I intended to.

Blizzard needs to understand that bots are a gigantic problem they can't let fester and grow then ban them every 6 months. That's 5 months of not having fun playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    If bots are completely out of control in Legion just as WOD I am never PVPing, which will greatly reduce the amount of things I can do in and probably make me unsub quicker than I intended to.

Blizzard needs to understand that bots are a gigantic problem they can't let fester and grow then ban them every 6 months. That's 5 months of not having fun playing the game.
    bg bots just killed the game for me. i leveled a couple oftoons exclusively in bg's in late wotlk/early cat and it got to where the simpler pathing bots were painfully easy to recognize, and you could report report and those toons would be much, much higher level by time quit updating on armory. it was the main reason I quit at that time (though 4.1 gy wsg changes were about to hit and I hated those too)
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Yes, lol.. Why is this even a question? You use a third party program and break the ToS and you deserve to get your arse banned.

You could try Web Chat
    Lol, thx. It helped. They are really as lazy, as I though - they never actually reviewed my case and have simply always answered via auto-bot-copy-paste messages.