Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you like the actor that plays Lothar you must check out his character in Vikings.

Deleted
    So basically you will not feel your gear's strength in the new zones... I am 100% sure they are systematically destroying this game.

We are forced to use these "legendary" (common) weapons... there is no alternative it is like garrison all over again.

Deleted
    Movie trailers are improvment from the first iteration.Love the dungeon,questing,artifact from alpha.
    I just hope they fix prot pala,there is no debth to that speck,holy power insted of mana would be the right way.Same as for melstorm/mana shaman.

I really dont understand this level scaling system... the GW2 system makes sense to me, with players scaling to the area they are in, but the mobs scaling up and down for each person in an open world MMO just makes my brain hurt. So if my 101 char is fighting a dog thats 101 level to me, and a 108 player comes along, that mob will be 101 or 108 to them? and how does a single mob scale differently for multiple people, it just sounds like a massively
    complicated system to solve a very minor problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    So basically you will not feel your gear's strength in the new zones... I am 100% sure they are systematically destroying this game.

We are forced to use these "legendary" (common) weapons... there is no alternative it is like garrison all over again.
    I'm fairly certain you aren't supposed to feel like a destroyer of worlds in your leveling blues and greens, but maybe thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    I really dont understand this level scaling system... the GW2 system makes sense to me, with players scaling to the area they are in, but the mobs scaling up and down for each person in an open world MMO just makes my brain hurt. So if my 101 char is fighting a dog thats 101 level to me, and a 108 player comes along, that mob will be 101 or 108 to them? and how does a single mob scale differently for multiple people, it just sounds like a massively
    complicated system to solve a very minor problem.
    It's based on percentages and not fixed numbers. so a level 100 and a level 108 will do different numbers but the Percent of health they remove will be equal, or roughly, obviously depending on balance of class, gear, but that's the gist. I actually prefer it this way much better than characters just scaling down to whatever zone, because when you scale down you are really OP, which kind of defeats the point.

Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    Yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but no.

It's not just "You level and your gear stays the same", it's "You level and so do the mobs you were just killing, but your gear doesn't". You really wouldn't call it bullshit if you levelled but it took you longer to kill shit? Really?
    It's more convenient to have mobs level with you, increasing experience gains and avoiding out leveling zones. The fact is, if you ding and start attacking mobs your same level in retail, it's the same thing. It's been that way from the beginning. Complaining about item level to mob power ratios is asinine. You could just suggest that you don't want mobs to level with you. That's actually what you're asking for. Or am I wrong; are you actually asking for mobs to get easier as you level? -_-

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's based on percentages and not fixed numbers. so a level 100 and a level 108 will do different numbers but the Percent of health they remove will be equal, or roughly, obviously depending on balance of class, gear, but that's the gist. I actually prefer it this way much better than characters just scaling down to whatever zone, because when you scale down you are really OP, which kind of defeats the point.
    So the thing you attack will also do more damage ?
    So if some 101 level attacks something and a lvl 110 comes along, puts a low damage dot on it and drops aggro the 101 player gets raped by the add ?

Deleted

I am a bit worried

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's based on percentages and not fixed numbers. so a level 100 and a level 108 will do different numbers but the Percent of health they remove will be equal, or roughly, obviously depending on balance of class, gear, but that's the gist.
    So you mean no more help from higher level guildies? No more "I play healer/clothie so I come back next level and do that harder group quest next level"? Will then everyone play hunters and plate mele dps and visibly weaker solo classes will be avoided even more? I see this as big disadvantage.

Some time ago I rolled paladin (gave up priest) healer because leveling with mele offspec was much easier (easy to solo group quests) than with priest. I hear Blizzard want to make us stuck with our main specs when we level and do dailies (not sure if that idea still holds after all feedback against it) so I started pondering if I should level by pure dungeons only. I dont want to go through doing quests on healer plus even worse with level scalling so you cant even do greenies. It was like that in BC and it sucked (yey wand spec). Ofcourse it is doable to level as healer and quest but it goes 10 times faster as tank or dps class. Anyone seen people doing solo old world raids in healer spec? Exactly...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    It's more convenient to have mobs level with you, increasing experience gains and avoiding out leveling zones. The fact is, if you ding and start attacking mobs your same level in retail, it's the same thing. It's been that way from the beginning. Complaining about item level to mob power ratios is asinine. You could just suggest that you don't want mobs to level with you. That's actually what you're asking for. Or am I wrong; are you actually asking for mobs to get easier as you level? -_-
    The whole point in having a level is to assign special improvements according to leveling progress (like, increasing number of skills and talent points etc.) and having a measure to the strength of your character relative to other characters and PVE mobs / bosses. That's why we have mobs with different levels which correspond to level requirement of a zone

Mobs having flexible levels is nonsensical in this regard. They nullify the power comparison from player character to mob, but also nullify the power comparison from 2 player character with different levels in regard to that mob. It's OK for some scenarios (being able to quest as equal partners with different levels of characters) and not OK for others (asking one high level character for help because you cannot get a whole 5 man group together for whatever reasons). The approach has its uses - like not outleveling a zone if outleveling is seen as detrimental (can be a very subjective thing, though) - but it's not a godsend solution to all problems.

I never understood the problem with outleveling a zone. I had either the goal of finishing a zone before I move on, because of storytelling, then I ignored the diminishing XP. Or I wanted to level ASAP, then I ignored finishing the zone (and possibly returned later to complete the quests).

they sure love that god damn "jumping onto the back of a gryphon" scene.

After playing other mmos where you have to cc quest mobs and use potions and defensives every pull or you die all of you need to seriously stfu and stop being such babies. WoW is the baby mmo, everything in it is a goddamn joke. We need to have leveling be harder not easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    We need to have leveling be harder not easier.
    Take your gear off when you level. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    After playing other mmos where you have to cc quest mobs and use potions and defensives every pull or you die all of you need to seriously stfu and stop being such babies. WoW is the baby mmo, everything in it is a goddamn joke. We need to have leveling be harder not easier.
    Good call. Seeing how successful those other MMOs are compared to WoW, Blizzard should definitely try and emulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmtree View Post
    So the thing you attack will also do more damage ?
    So if some 101 level attacks something and a lvl 110 comes along, puts a low damage dot on it and drops aggro the 101 player gets raped by the add ?
    No. It always looks and feels L101 to you. His dot's effects will also look (to you) as if they were cast by a L101, because everything is a raw percentage scaled to your level's perspective.

Did they...did they really just caveat their open beta with the word free? Wow...sign of the times...

Quote Originally Posted by dreadmist View Post
    Good call. Seeing how successful those other MMOs are compared to WoW, Blizzard should definitely try and emulate them.
    So you're saying hard quest mobs cause mmos to fail? LOL Yes, yes WoW is successful cause we can one hit mobs. Great thinking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurez View Post
    Movie trailers are improvment from the first iteration.Love the dungeon,questing,artifact from alpha.
    I just hope they fix prot pala,there is no debth to that speck,holy power insted of mana would be the right way.Same as for melstorm/mana shaman.
    Of course the trailers look better, it is the same thing for every movie trailer. The first one always looks different from the others in terms of effects & polish.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    So you mean no more help from higher level guildies?
    That`s what disturbing me as well...It can be problematic, maybe not right at the start, but later...Hand`s down, as far I`ve seen, the questing is piss off easy, but still...If I`m lvl 105, my gf lvl 104 we can`t go together? For me the mobs on lvl 105, for her on 104? Sounds a bit stupid :S

Deleted
    Dont know why the debate over questing while lvl..it's been awsome always.Even in WoD..i lvl 2 horde char with every zone questing fully done..and 1 ally,and shadowmoon valley tops every zone,and questing there,even talador.Same will apply for Legion,questing while lvl will be superb.Just support ur product blizz and all will be fine.And dont catter to casuals.