Thread: Dawn of War 3

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Dawn of War 3

https://www.dawnofwar.com/
    Oh my god you guys.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2016-05-03 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eeehhhhh!

No Chaos though? Pre-order bonus maybe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Eeehhhhh!

No Chaos though? Pre-order bonus maybe
    Bwahaha I see what you did there, yeah only 3 races, I'm willing to overlook that if the game is solid though, please dont screw this up Sega.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dawn-of-war-...3-release-date
    Article with more info on the game, looks like it is just Speec Mahreen/Ork/Eldar for the base game. Campaign jumps from race to race for the central story. Makes sense, Dawn of War 2 was nothing like Dawn of War, and 3 is looking nothing like either from the screenshots/descriptions in the article.
    Hype as fuck though, Relic always does a good job.

Edit: Angelos is the commander in this game, so our commander from 2 is presumably off taking on the Blood Ravens corrupt leaders whilst we go to this planet to collect a superweapon before the Orks/Eldar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Bwahaha I see what you did there, yeah only 3 races, I'm willing to overlook that if the game is solid though, please dont screw this up Sega.
    It has Wraithknights.

So.

Hopefully it's nothing like the Tabletop.

Was just about to post this. Hopefully it'll be good. Personally, I'd love for it to be more like DoW 1, which is still one of the best RTS games out there, but I doubt we'll see that.

Sweet mother of god that looks amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Was just about to post this. Hopefully it'll be good. Personally, I'd love for it to be more like DoW 1, which is still one of the best RTS games out there, but I doubt we'll see that.
    There's hope, the website describes "Massive battles", and there's also a neat screenshot that reminded me somewhat of the DoW 1 battles in the article that Gib Lover linked.

There's hope, the website describes "Massive battles", and there's also a neat screenshot that reminded me somewhat of the DoW 1 battles in the article that Gib Lover linked.
    In the screenshot, no one is taking cover. They are all just fighting in the open, which leads me to believe it will be a more traditional RTS. It also concerns me, because as far back as CoH and DoW1 there was a cover system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, the Warhammer IP is getting some love in 2016.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    In the screenshot, no one is taking cover. They are all just fighting in the open, which leads me to believe it will be a more traditional RTS. It also concerns me, because as far back as CoH and DoW1 there was a cover system.
    Shit you're right now you come to mention it, I hadn't noticed that, I do hope cover will still be an important mechanic, although I can't imagine they'd take it out entirely, but then, I've been wrong before.. :P

Screenshots for people that don't want to go to the article.

Hype for the units, everything looks great. We just have to wait and see what the gameplay is like, at this point it LOOKS like a hybridization between DoW1 and a basic RTS. There will appear to still be heroes, Angelos is confirmed. No confirmed Ork or Eldar heroes yet.
    Actually, Gabriel is in these screenshots. I didn't see him the first time around. Happy he's back, great character.

Deleted
    Awesome! Any info on what the gameplay will be like? RTS? RPG?

ohmigod. Sequel to the best traditional RTS game in like, ever? Sign me the hell up.

That said, i'm not sure I like the new, more slender look for the imperial stuff. It's supposed to be boxy WWI inspired shit, particularly dreadnoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Awesome! Any info on what the gameplay will be like? RTS? RPG?
    Farming Simulator. Like Harvest Moon.

Chapter Master Angelos of the BLUDH REHVENS hangs up his helmet and bolter and starts a new life on an Agri-World.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

I have waited for this almost 7 years since DoW II. Surprised that there is no Chaos, but I am sure if this succeeds, expansion will have it, just like with Chaos Rising.

Deleted
    Looks neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god you guys.
    I think that's the most fitting reaction.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    FOR THE EMPEROR!!!

I have waited for this almost 7 years since DoW II. Surprised that there is no Chaos, but I am sure if this succeeds, expansion will have it, just like with DoW II.
    Yeah im hoping they will have all major races at the end like Imperial Guard and Tyranids etc etc. Would also be nice to see some other space marine chapters.

But Orks is my guys so very happy to see them in from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    ohmigod. Sequel to the best traditional RTS game in like, ever? Sign me the hell up.

That said, i'm not sure I like the new, more slender look for the imperial stuff. It's supposed to be boxy WWI inspired shit, particularly dreadnoughts.
    In the top screenshot I posted, you can see a Dreadnaut in the back. It looks quite Dreadnought-y.