Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is the pool of timewalking dungeons so small

There are so many TBC dungeons, yet it only chooses from a few... Shattered Halls, Slave Pens, Mana Tombs, The Arcatraz, Magister's Terrace, and Black Morass.

Why not just enable them all? I've heard Kael'thas's speech enough to last me a lifetime, and those other dungeons get kinda boring too after a while...

they should "turn on" timewalking for all raids and dungeons and this way satisfy the need for Legacy stuff.

They have to make a tuning pass on all the new TW dungeons they implement, it's not as simple as flipping a switch and they'd rather put that time into working on legion atm; it's very doubtful there will another content patch (even a minor one) before the legion prepatch. They chose to add a couple TW from each expansion to start rather than going all out on one, but said they plan to continue adding more over time.

Just leave Escape from Durnholde out of that pool please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to assume it takes a lot of testing to ensure that scaled-down characters can't cause server-breaking exploits (even by accident), and so they only did it on a few dungeons per expansion.

More than likely more will get added later plus MoP ones. It's still a new system. They did add a couple over time so guess more will come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I have to assume it takes a lot of testing to ensure that scaled-down characters can't cause server-breaking exploits (even by accident), and so they only did it on a few dungeons per expansion.
    This too. Scaling has to be done properly or shit could break in older stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Agree, they should really increase the number. It would make spamming them a bit more ideal and doable without going insane. I also have some favorite dungeons, who are not yet in the timewalking pool, like Botanica and Forge of Souls. I enjoy timewalker every time it is a weekly event, but i would enjoy it even more if they increased the pool..... Also, can't see anything bad in the idea. Nothing can really go wrong with giving more diversity in dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    More than likely more will get added later plus MoP ones. It's still a new system. They did add a couple over time so guess more will come.

- - - Updated - - -

This too. Scaling has to be done properly or shit could break in older stuff.
    Blizzard are not that good with adding on to their existing systems. They might be happy with the amount of dungeons, and might not even have it on low priority.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played timewalking as it came out after my subscription ended in mid WoD, but are the heroics as difficult as they were when they were new? Heroics in TBC required CC for almost every mob and they didn't go down fast either. I'm assuming based on how heroics were in WoD, the TW heroics are probably scaled similar thus making them easier.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Because Blizz is convinced people don't want to play old content at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Blizzard are not that good with adding on to their existing systems. They might be happy with the amount of dungeons, and might not even have it on low priority.
    They've already added new dungeons to the Timewalking rotation after its initial release, including an entire new set (Cataclysm). I don't think it's much of a stretch to think they'll keep adding more over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    They've already added new dungeons to the Timewalking rotation after its initial release, including an entire new set (Cataclysm). I don't think it's much of a stretch to think they'll keep adding more over time.
    I'm just happy they didn't pull a WoD and when Legion was announced go "Oh uh... we're just gonna drop that feature because it's an [expansion-1] thing and doesn't fit our current vision."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I have been thinking about this problem too. Wow desperately needs more dungeons. Why can't they enable them all at once? I guess, problem is in fact, that Blizzard have limited instance server resources, so they just can't run any arbitrary number of different instances at once.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt is risky, but i do really hope that they will implement more timewalker dungeons.... I just really think, that they would rather use time on "real" Legion content, then increase the number of dungons, which people do on their special weekly events, which are already doing pretty fine without new stuff.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I think the fact that they rotate timewalking dungeons really reduces the rate of fatigue.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Pretty sure that some work goes into the scaling process.
    I'm also sure we'll see more dungeons, and new rewards, added as time goes by. Just wonder what they'll do with "classic" (most of them are redone) dungeons, since those don't have heroic counterparts...can't remember if Timewalking dungeons are the Heroic versions or not...

Deleted
    Probably they make them bigger over time.

I would love to have timewalking dungeons not to be a weekend feature only.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Probably they make them bigger over time.

I would love to have timewalking dungeons not to be a weekend feature only.
    Also this. ^
    They could easily be a part of progression not tied to certain times of a month!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a technical/design hurdle(Scaling down and such). I'm sure they want to have all older legacy dungeons be done at max level(Or rather you scaled down and such).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I haven't played timewalking as it came out after my subscription ended in mid WoD, but are the heroics as difficult as they were when they were new? Heroics in TBC required CC for almost every mob and they didn't go down fast either. I'm assuming based on how heroics were in WoD, the TW heroics are probably scaled similar thus making them easier.
    No, they are most definitely not. Howling Blast and Whirlwind spam all the way. Doing "Heroic" Magister's Terrace on timewalk and only wiping on Delrissa when people pull extra mobs, and NEVER on Vexallus or Kael feels really weird. Like I am using time travel powers to cheat or something.

I look forward to seeing what they have to do to Halls of Reflection to make it timewalking friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I think the fact that they rotate timewalking dungeons really reduces the rate of fatigue.
    While it may do that, it also causes people to unsubscribe because once Timewalking is done they feel there won't be anything fun to do until the next one.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."