Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Casualization was the hallmark of Vanilla WoW. Compared to every other game on the market, WoW was the most casual MMO. TBC made the game even more casual, and so did WotLK. Saying Casualization is the biggest problem in wow, is like saying airplanes is the death of transportation.

The problem is the lack of repeatable meaningful endgame content.
    P much this. Easy content isn't a problem for 90 percent of the WoW population. Where as lack of good content due to huge development gaps/laziness is a problem for 100 percent of the population.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I'm gonna say false, lack of content.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    False. Having a focus solely on endgame raiding has been harsh this last expansion.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

death of socialization, death of individuality and death of daily challenge killed wow

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post
    Casualization was the hallmark of Vanilla WoW. Compared to every other game on the market, WoW was the most casual MMO. TBC made the game even more casual, and so did WotLK. Saying Casualization is the biggest problem in wow, is like saying airplanes is the death of transportation.

The problem is the lack of repeatable meaningful endgame content.
    ^Very much this. Casualization is literally what has separated WoW from its competitors and has made it as popular and long lived as it is.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Trying to make raiding for the entire games sub population is what is WoWs downfall.

Casualization of the AUDIENCE. Not the game.

Let's remain clear on that.
    The COMMUNITY is what ruined this game. Blizzard didn't just decide to add LFR because they personally thought it was the best course of action. They added LFR because 90 percent of the people who played the game were casuals who never took a few hours a week to make progress into a raid that took them months to design.

If the people who pay to log on to the game actually PLAYED it, none of these situations would have ever happened.
    There were a few very shortsighted issues with WoW's development - including 40 man - > 25 man -> 10 man progression, but actual gameplay changes were always attempts to get the increasingly pathetic community to see things they weren't interested in for some reason.

No where is that more obvious than here, and after 7+ years of this community steering this video game its finally come to the crashing halt of WoD.

Luckily, it looks like whenever they decided to start work on Legion they had realized that the MAJORITY of players are morons and its time to start listening to feedback from actual reputable sources.
    We may finally have overcome this issue entirely if that's true.
    Honestly, the 5 million people who quit was probably the best thing to ever happen to the game. Less casuals who didn't really even play in the first place, and enough to light a fire under Blizzard's ass.

We now have enough difficulties in pve now that the casuals can continue to waste their time in LFR and Heroic dungeons while real players can put groups together as its meant to be and do progression raiding and Mythic + Dungeons.

That, on top of true pvp balance, should be a major step back towards being a special game.

When I close my eyes I dream of a time where no longer will we see people with 8k achievement points saying there is nothing to do in the game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

LOL you have to be pretty obtuse to not notice
    1) Raiding has never been very popular
    2) Raiding is the only thing they make consistently worthwhile now
    3) Everybody is leaving for some reason
    and come up with 'casuals did it'

Biggest issue is really Blizzard not putting in enough effort to provide content for a game that has made them billions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Biggest issue is really Blizzard not putting in enough effort to provide content for a game that has made them billions.
    inorite blizz should stop make us carrying them

Quote Originally Posted by lazorexplosion View Post
    LOL you have to be pretty obtuse to not notice
    1) Raiding has never been very popular
    2) Raiding is the only thing they make consistently worthwhile now
    3) Everybody is leaving for some reason
    and come up with 'casuals did it'
    Partly correct, if it wasn't for raiding I think people would level cap and quit without the carrot; however we all have our own carrot factory, and there is no need to do anything beyond leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by l0nglive View Post
    In terms of skill, I think it's false

I believe the gap between mediocre and great player should be 10% max. With the current systems of gears, skills, rotations, it's like 50% at least. IT's too hard for newbie to play any class effectively without the help of detailed guides suggesting complicated rotation and skill usages. I once looked at feral and sub rogue guides on Icy Vein and felt like reading journal articles in the library. I mained a demo Lock during BRF, and raiding was serious business with reading and practising everyday. How could newcomers/average people deal with that?

Starting gear is also a problem for casuals since we do not have much time to play. I used to gear up piece by piece via BG; and it was a very unpleasant time going in and being 2-3 shot by geared veterans.

I referred the game to my cousins and girl friend, none of them stayed till max level because of "too many buttons to press"; they all went back to MOBA. My GF stayed a little longer but when I gave her the link to healing guide, she quit the next day.

It's hard for new comers to stay with the current system. I understand the direction Blizzard is going with Legion. I think they want more players to have access to the game and do not suffer as I did. I don't think casualisation is the problem. IT's the opposite; when Blizzard caters to the elites with complex and "deep" gameplay, the ones who couldn't "make it" for whatever reason will simply quit.

In legion, the gear gap is gone. The skills pruning may work. I'm waiting for it.
    Complete opposite of true. Not sure how it's possible think this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    False. This game has never been so difficult that the unwashed masses cannot play. Vanilla-BC everything just took a fucking year to do but it wasn't difficult. Wrath-Onward they stopped making everything take forever since their core audience grew up and got real lives. Want to keep those players? Stop gating things behind pointless grinds for grindings sake.

Then game lost people because of a combination of lack of content (grinding bullshit reputations and materials for potions is not content), the game is old, too much focus on raiding, stale PvP system.
    What grind?
    I leveled a DK to 100 and got full ilvl 700 gear in 2 days. The /played on the character is less than 2 days. Less than 10 hours played at 100, and I'm already at a point where I either raid, do rated PVP, or don't play at all.

There's no grind. That's the problem.

not general casualization.

destroying server community/community in general is the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Casualization (is that even a word) is actually the opposite of a problem in WoW.. It's the cure...

The main problem is the opposing extremes; Elitists and superbads.
    These two VERY SMALL groups complain to Blizzard that the game is too easy/hard and the devs tries to cater to both groups at the same time.

If only they catered to the massive casual group (95+% or so), the game would have been in a much better state today..
    I agree with this. They catered to opposite extreme minorities , which caused them to actually cater to NO ONE.

Cater to the general gamer, Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    But WoW is actually harder now, than it was in vanilla, but overall it has always been casual.

All Blizzard did was take all the time consuming shit no one enjoyed and sped it up. Casual as in it doesn't take all day to get 1 level, or casual because it didn't take 10 hours of farming herbs for a raid? The majority of people have always sucked in both raiding and dungeons, LFD and LFR didn't change anything. You can get groups faster now, and you see how bad people always were more often.

Back in the day if you didn't have a group to run with, you probably didn't bother, because it would look just like LFR or LFD of today.
    Yeah, sped it up so much you don't even get a week of content out of a monthly sub MMO. GREAT business plan!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    False, Focus on Raiding and moving away from Dailies and outdoor content that casuals enjoyed doing is what is losing population.

being a game both Hardcore and casual players can play at different levels is what has kept WoW the monster it has been for years.

False. Hardcores - are always vocal minority. Yeah, they're most organized - it's them, who usually create fan sites and participate in discussions there. And they usually sound the loudest due to echo chamber effect. And what they want at the end? They want game to be exclusive for them. And game isn't worth effort, being put into it's development, if it's being developed exclusively for 1% of playerbase.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I agree with this. They catered to opposite extreme minorities , which caused them to actually cater to NO ONE.

Cater to the general gamer, Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, sped it up so much you don't even get a week of content out of a monthly sub MMO. GREAT business plan!
    There is more content for everyone of different tastes now, than it has ever been before. How did they not cater to the general gamer?

Also, sped it up too much? How do you only get < 1 week of content out of WoW? I mean, literally. Plan that out in days for me, please.

Why am i even bothering, you really seem to be a case of just blinded by tears. "Weeh, weeh, WoW has gone rotten! I want my mommy!"

If you were playing back in vanilla, you'd know exactly that even back then, WoW was the "super casual MMO" compared to EQ for example. Blizzard always tried to appeal to the biggest possible audience and frankly, I don't see a problem with that.

You have to keep in mind though, that the casual player of 2005 differs wildly from the casual player of 2016, even moreso, because now, we have many kinds of casual player. Back then, gaming was still kindof a nieche thing. Casual players were casuals in the most literal sense of the word: people, who are not that great in the game, but had huge amounts of time to envest in it. Nowadays, everyone and their mothers are gamers, so the so-called "casual" audience changed dramatically. There are so many kinds of casual players. There are casuals, who are not great, but play a lot, there are casuals, who are actually old veterans, who are good at the game, but due to work and family have very little time to play, there are casuals, who actually have no incentive to be challenged whatsoever, because they are young adults or mothers with children, who just need some light entertainment. "Casualization" could have hurt WoW in a sense that, as the casual audience grew, Blizzard always tried to appeal to them, but after a while, as you try to expand the game more and more to appeal to more and more people, inevitably, some part of the gameplay will suffer as a result. Long story short: you can make everyone happy and you risk making nobody happy if you try desperately.

In my opinion, WoW has lots of problems, but most of them can be stripped down to: devs not having the passion anymore. Since I can't point out one specific reason why the game got worse, I'm just gonna say that it doesn't have that vibe anymore, the feeling that the makers of the game put something special in it. Don't get me wrong, there are great devs working on the game even right now, but the last few expansion felt like they were put together with outmost efficiency, on paper they were absolutely amazing, but in the process, they've lost some of their souls that so many people loved.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    There is more content for everyone of different tastes now, than it has ever been before. How did they not cater to the general gamer?

Also, sped it up too much? How do you only get < 1 week of content out of WoW? I mean, literally. Plan that out in days for me, please.

Why am i even bothering, you really seem to be a case of just blinded by tears. "Weeh, weeh, WoW has gone rotten! I want my mommy!"
    First off, you're an idiot.

Leveling to 100 takes less than 2 days.
    Getting full ilvl 700 takes less than 10 hours.
    You now then either raid, do rated PVP, or quit.
    That's less than 1 week of content for 95% of the player base.

Deleted
    Problem: People think of different things when saying "casual".

A casual can still do difficult content, just not 10 hours a day.

So my answer is no, casualization is generally good, but making everything except Mythic difficulty ridiculously easy is a mistake.