Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.
    The economy needs gold sinks, tokens or not.

Dunno if that's the final price though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    No it won't be. Blizzard will never repeat the gold mistake they did in WOD again.

- - - Updated - - -

i will farm for it, gives me something to do till legion i guess
    There have always been ways to make gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    It's 1 mount, how is this so game-breaking to you guys? Don't want to spend the gold? Don't buy it! Shocking usage of capatlism, I know.
    Well to be fair it is 1 mount, 1 pet, 1 toy and a 34 slot bag. For now. Might be more items added later, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by glorygores View Post
    It's 1 mount, how is this so game-breaking to you guys? Don't want to spend the gold? Don't buy it! Shocking usage of capatlism, I know.
    I think the issue here is if they get away with it once they do it again and again for who knows what.

I mean look what happened to flying and pruning.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-05-09 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The economy needs gold sinks, tokens or not.

Dunno if that's the final price though.

- - - Updated - - -

There have always been ways to make gold.
    ofcourse there will be, but it wont be as easy as legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    ofcourse there will be, but it wont be as easy as legion.
    We'll see. I strongly suspect we'll have a gold income from the class halls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

What bothers me, is that when I read blueposted thread on official forum, nobody even mentions, that blue argument is hypocritical and doublestandarded, as always, just because it's ok to earn mount via doing achievements, raids, RBGs, etc., even if you're buyer and pay to other people to get them - still, it's reward for ingame activity, but GOLD CAN BE BOUGHT FOR REAL MONEY. 2M gold - is 500$. So, everybody says, that "spider mount is for people, who has lots of gold", i.e. plays on AH, farms old raids, sell CMs, but nobody even mentions, that "spider mount is for people, who has lots of $$$". Why doesn't anybody mention, that such prices - is clean P2W? Why? Because who would spend such amount of hardly earned gold on just stupid mount or ring? Even if this is gold from Garrison - it takes months to earn 2M. I've been running 8 Garrisons for couple of months already and have 200K gold only. This things aren't worth this hard work. So, who is the target audience for this mount? Obviously people, for whom throwing 500$ on air just to have exclusive pixels in stupid video game - is usual business.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes it does! Math plus Intelligence = to understand that a lower price = more money taken out of the economy. Which you obviously sadly don't comprehend.
    that is not nesseserily true - make yourself a favour and read on veblen effect in economy before making such definining statements.

this spider is a typical veblen product - highly desired because of its inaccesibility - seems to be workin exackly like blizzard wanted even before its released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This things aren't worth this hard work. So, who is the target audience for this mount? Obviously people, for whom throwing 500$ on air just to have exclusive pixels in stupid video game - is usual business.
    are you honestly blaming people for having good jobs and dont having to worry about tossing 500 $ on a hobby ? maybe grow up and get better job then so you could afford it too.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5664?page=3#54

Another post by Watcher, yep the ridiculous price is staying it seems.

"Just to be clear, I agree that the Mad Merchant isn't going to serve as a very effective gold sink. But that's because he isn't intended to be one in any meaningful sense. Gold sinks, in an MMO economic sense, are primarily things like repair costs, the Auction House tariff, and a range of useful expensive items that still fall within the price range of many guild banks and gold-rich players. In this case, a handful of very wealthy players may dump a large portion of their gold reserves into this one vendor, but that's ultimately a blip in the grand scheme of the WoW economy.

If we wanted to drain as much gold as possible out of the economy using these items, we'd be pricing them differently. If the Blackfang Widow cost 200k, I'd wager that far more than 10x as many would be sold. Inflation is a concern, but that's a battle that will be waged on many other fronts. This is just a crazy merchant. The point of the items is to be ludicrously expensive, just as the point of something like the Time-Lost Proto Drake is to be ludicrously rare (if you think about it, a multi-day respawn that shares a spawn point with a more common variant and has a zone-wide patrol is pretty insane...). Some of the vendor's details may be tweaked, and there's been very good feedback in the thread on the relative attractiveness of the different items, but the 2mil price tag for the mount is not likely to change."

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    $1000 spider mount, lol.
    288 EUR and token prices will only go up so it will be less

Honestly I don't understand how adding something like this makes new players/returning players happy. It's nearly unobtainable unless gold is easier to get than WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Honestly I don't understand how adding something like this makes new players/returning players happy. It's nearly unobtainable unless gold is easier to get than WoD.
    I don't see some specific vendor items need to make returning players happy - does it even matter? The game should be catering to more than only returning players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I don't see some specific vendor items need to make returning players happy - does it even matter? The game should be catering to more than only returning players.
    At times like this, not really ...

They lost ~6 mil subs they need to learn how to make everyone happy or just hope they can keep making stacks off of hearthstone.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-05-09 at 08:08 AM.

At times like this, not really ...

They lost ~6 mil subs they need to learn how to make everyone happy or just hope they can keep making stacks off of hearthstone.
    So they shouldn't cater to all players? they should retain sub by NOT catering to players because they're not you?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    So they shouldn't cater to all players? they should retain sub by NOT catering to players because they're not you?
    I have around 4 million gold and play every week, haven't let my sub lapse since wotlk ... so I'm not in the pool of people I'm talking about, but thanks for your snippy response it's totally civil.

Also in a game where they are selling gold it's scummy to do this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    If its just another reskin wolf i wouldnt care, but yeah spider mount seem unique. Hopefully theres a cheaper recolour equivalent
    And that's what i am scared about,
    Somewhere down the line, after spending 2 mill on the mount because it is actually unique, we get a re-skin somewhere which looks cooler than the 2 million gold mount.

I don't mind reskins / re-using models but with such costs / rare drops it would be nice if those mounts are actually unique or only 1-2 models max for these unique mounts.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Will Legion give so much gold during leveling and questing and class hall quests and world quests that 2 million gold would be something even a casual player can reach in a month or so?
    It's pretty obvious that point of these items isn't for "even a casual player" to obtain.

I have around 4 million gold and play every week, haven't let my sub lapse since wotlk ... so I'm not in the pool of people I'm talking about, but thanks for your snippy response it's totally civil.

It's barely above previous mounts by hte inflation (pretty much the reason you have that 4million gold if you conveniently ignored that) - it'd be 1.5m even if they weren't trying to drain more than usual.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're not really selling gold though. They provide a mechanism for players to trade gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Good. GOOD. Because Watcher is right:
    Besides, think of it as a favor to all the arachnophobes out there - do you really want massive spiders skittering around everywhere?
    Personally, I had definitely hoped that the game won't suddenly be full of spiders.