Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Your opinion is your opinion, one with which many disagree. You're judging a book before you've even read 75% of the content.
    This "many" you speak of, where are they?

And I do not need the other arbitrary 75% when the arbitrary 25% we have is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Exactly what @TheDestinatus said. I like Travis fimmel, his work in Vikings is wonderful. I wasn't specifically targeting anyone, I was making a generalized statement. If I were to speak about the acting I'd be worried about the king (doesn't feel like one or look like one, at least not what I'm used to from past movies) and maybe Khadgar but I haven't seen enough of him yet. I have no idea how Fimmel is going to do as Lothar but we'll see.

As for the orcs, I agree. 10/10 job with them imo. Don't forget we've also seen other clips, not as long as these but all together id say it leaves enough room to judge some acting.
    "Reviewers" (anonymous people on the Internet, there's a review embargo after all) seem to agree that all of the orcs and Medivh are fantastic.

Some like what Fimmel does, some not so much.

Paula Patton (Garona) was competent, but did nothing remarkable.

Unfortunately, it seems Dominic Cooper (Llane) and Ben Schnetzer (Khadgar) didn't take the movie very seriously. Both have had good performances in the past and it would seem they didn't bring their A game for this movie.

Other than that, the story is good, not amazing, but definitely not boring, and the visuals are stunning, with some minor exceptions, particularly in action scenes with a lot of movement.

Obviously the best videogame movie yet and easily the best fantasy movie since LotR, not that there have been too many others.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-12 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Nothing has changed dramatically... except!

-Thrall/Durotar/Draka/Frostwolves appearance (Major part of the movie)
    -Cities not involved in the original story appearing (Dalaran)
    -Orgrim not killing Blackhand and seizing control of the Horde
    -Orgrim not drinking Felblood

Nothing major but right.
    Come on, Destinatus, you are supposed to remember that the blood drinking only appeared in WC3 and that Orgrim never drunk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Heck, I doubt you even know how Griselda is without checking WoWhead (I loved that mission when I was 11).
    Blackhand's daughter that barely did anything compared to her brother Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Doomhammer never drank the blood he knew something was up and said it would be rude to drink as an equal to his chieftan and Warchief.
    What? Drinking the blood was never a privilege it was a requirement. Why do you think the Frostwolves were excluded from the war in the first place?

This is just another idiotic attempt at reinforcing the Thrall backstory by making Orgrim the "wise uncorrupted mentor" of Thrall, there is a good chance this has Chris Metzen written all over it.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-05-12 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Unfortunately, it seems Dominic Cooper (Llane) and Ben Schnetzer (Khadgar) didn't take the movie very seriously.
    Not surprising.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    The story Blizzard has already laid out, just presented in the different format (movie instead of game). There was a big potential here to open this franchise up to more people, but with different story-lines this movie may as well be Lord of the Rings and the game Runescape.
    Peter Jackson made tons of changes to the film version of Lord of the Rings. The Game of Thrones show is different from the books. Every comic book movie is different from the comic books.

Hell, Ner'zhul wasn't even in the first game, and Rise of the Horde didn't come out and flesh out his backstory until well after Warcraft 3 came out, and those both retconned loads of details from the first two games.

Come on, Destinatus, you are supposed to remember that the blood drinking only appeared in WC3 and that Orgrim never drunk it.
    It didn't appear until WC3, but Orgrim was green. All orcs were Green. If drinking blood was related only to WC3 than every orc would be red.

Deleted
    It didn't appear until WC3, but Orgrim was green. All orcs were Green. If drinking blood was related only to WC3 than every orc would be red.
    Yes, Orgrim was green because of the fel magic, not the blood drinking. Now you are doing exactly what you were accusing the movie in the other thread, not following the lore.

Yes, Orgrim was green because of the fel magic, not the blood drinking.
    Dude come on, at this point you're just agreeing with the movie for the sake of it. If we are going to be pedantic about it than no one drank felblood until wc3 because it never happened in game until that moment. Never mind that there is no game that actually shows the war the Orcs were engaged in prior to WC1 when they actually did all the brown > green conversion.

Deleted
    Dude come on, at this point you're just agreeing with the movie for the sake of it. If we are going to be pedantic about it than no one drank felblood until wc3 because it never happened in game until that moment? Never mind that there is no game that actually shows the war the Orcs were engaged in prior to WC1 when they actually did all the brown > green conversion.
    The movie? See, you don't really know what we are talking about, it's from Rise of the Horde novel, the first time Blizzard ever explained how the orcs became green.

- - - Updated - - -

Orgrim drank the blood. "This is where the 'lore pursuits' always fall."
    Give me one source, just one.

The WC1/2 orcs were green because Warhammer orcs. Sad but true.

Deleted
    Orgrim did not drink the blood in the official canon lore

Don't know why you're discussing that though

I like how detailed the orcs are, but so far thats the only good thing I can say about the movie. My biggest gripe is how the human actors are portrayed, the only human I think actually looks good is Medivh. The worst is Khadgar by FAR, the rest look like cheap cosplayers. I'll try not to get to much into all the retcons, though if some major stuff like drinking demon blood and Stormwind getting burned down are left out, its another major bummer. Its ''fuck you'' moment would feel about as bad as the Walkind Dead cliffhanger from their latest season. For this movie to be good, they should've just gone full CGI and keep the quality of the orcs troughout the rest of the movie. Not try to blend in human actors in front of a green screen, atleast not as poorly as they've done in the trailers.

As for the Jurassic World comparison, I wasn't a fan of their CGI either. I vastly prefer the animation from the older movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not worried about the color of the orcs. In the games we've seen lots of different colors, including variations on ones that were fel-tainted. For movie storytelling purposes, it makes sense to have different colored orcs to tell the orc characters apart anyway.

7/10 is "really good?"

Totally! Nothing major! In fact, I see nothing wrong with it behind these rose-tinted goggles reinforced with aluminum foil!
    ?

More like 8+/9 out of 10.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The worst is Khadgar by FAR

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    ?

More like 8+/9 out of 10.
    That is "really good," but unfortunately is not given to this movie.

Those clips made me more hype than any of the trailers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

That is "really good," but unfortunately is not given to this movie.
    It has been given to this movie.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I can't wait to prepurchase my tickets for the midnight showing. I hope the haters stay home, in fact, take an uber to pound town - just leave us alone ffs.