Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well, how do you play an online game like Overwatch for free?
    Then also this new denovu seems to take years to get cracked. Have been waiting for new tomb raider for months but soon I'll say fuck it i buy it on g2a when it is there for 4 bucks.
    That's why I stick to paying for games like World of Warcraft or other blizzard game or online game where I pay either once and no bunch of DLC or a subscription for a game that keeps on getting updated. You always get fucked in the ass when paying for single player games, at least online game you get your money worth and if you pay for a single player game on a console you are just asking for it cause you know its coming.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Do like me, avoid paying for a stupid console and buy a computer, enjoy the best graphic possible and download all your stuff for free.
    Totally man, but what is a man to do when it's movie night, she passes out 40 minutes into the shitty movie she's picked and I'm stuck watching fucking secretariat or some shit? Nah man, that's why you bring in the console bro. Switch that input over, plug in your headphones, but keep the soundbar playing secretariat, she'll never know. Plus, her head does make a good arm/controller rest. If she fuckin stirs or starts to wake up, just switch that input back over.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Heh, when you have the money, it's much more satisfying to actually buy the product. I used to download a lot of games when I was a teenager, but ever since I have a job (IE for at least the past 7 years) I always buy my games.

Beside, there's a reason why PC-centric games are getting so rare. Even indies are going console because PC isn't a safe market.
    They should just make it online, which guaranteed no one can pirate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Super NES games were like $90 in 1992. You kiddies know nothing of cost.
    Well said. I remember when I asked my dad for Turok on N64 which $79.99 when it came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    1> Consider inflation. Games were $50 back in the '80s. Legend of Zelda launched in '86 for $50 (well, $49.99). In today's dollars, adjusted for inflation, that would be $108.64.

2> Development involves way more people and takes much longer, today. More effort is being invested into making these. Prices have stayed so low because the market's growing.

3> These days, with Steam and such, game sales are in arguably their best state ever. Sure, you might not buy that AAA game on Day 1 for cheap, but give it a year, year and a half, and you'll often see a GOTY edition at half price (or more) with all DLC included.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Totally man, but what is a man to do when it's movie night, she passes out 40 minutes into the shitty movie she's picked and I'm stuck watching fucking secretariat or some shit? Nah man, that's why you bring in the console bro. Switch that input over, plug in your headphones, but keep the soundbar playing secretariat, she'll never know. Plus, her head does make a good arm/controller rest. If she fuckin stirs or starts to wake up, just switch that input back over.
    Um, if she passed out 40mins into the movie you have been watching, you need to both find a new hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    So just bought Doom tonight for the PS4. The original price tag 59.99 but the DLC content is like another 100$ on top of that. So to access the full game, you gotta drop 150$. Being that it is a Bethesda game, I'm already angry at myself for purchasing but it's Doom, how bad could they fuck it up? Starwars battlefront was another good example (Didn't buy the DLC for this). It is getting to the point now where games are being released but actual access to the content is like 3x the initial cost without 3x the content. Anyone else bothered by this shit?
    Doom was 64.94$ without the Season Pass (after Taxes in Texas) which is strictly MP only. You have full access to the game at hand for only 65 bucks, and the Season pass is 40 bucks, so at most you were dropping 110-120. Which to be stated again, the Campaign is completely available to you and you CHOSE to shell out another 40 bucks to get the Multiplayer only DLC. That's on you man, but lying is very unbecoming.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Indeed $100 in 1990 → $181.13 in 2014
    The only time I spent over a 100$ for a video game was FF14 for the ps2 which came with a fucking hard drive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do like me, avoid paying for a stupid console and buy a computer, enjoy the best graphic possible and download all your stuff for free.
    Hehehe denvuvo laughs at your expense

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me introduce you to my friend

I can understand owning a Gameboy/DS or even a Wii because of Nintendo games but Xbox and PlayStation? They are just old PCs with subscription requirements and the amount of exclusives is so limited (and quality lacking) you really won't miss not playing them

That's why I stick to paying for games like World of Warcraft or other blizzard game or online game where I pay either once and no bunch of DLC or a subscription for a game that keeps on getting updated.
    WoD was released November 13, 2014 and had two tiers of raid content.

19 months' worth of subscription time = up to $285
    Expansion = $60

Do you *really* think WoD's content is worth up to $350 at this point in the expansion? Keep in mind that there will likely be no new content until Legion release, which will hopefully be by September.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Super NES games were like $90 in 1992. You kiddies know nothing of cost.
    Gotta second this for posterity. average game was 69.99 for SNES. only a couple got over 90 bucks.

Games have always been pricey. I remember even PS1 games coming out, brand new were pushing ~$70. Each new gen the price went up but $99 seems to be the norm (Australia)
    Forum lurker since '08. Thankfully, the majority of the mmo-c community don't represent a large number of the world's population because then we'd all be fucked.Why? People don't learn.Reason? People still respond to Jaylock threads.
    7. Years. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Expansion = $60

Do you *really* think WoD's content is worth up to $350 at this point in the expansion? Keep in mind that there will likely be no new content until Legion release, which will hopefully be by September.
    Heh, I take it you're doubting the August 30th release date stated by Blizz? :P

10+ Year Old Account

Expansion = $60

Release Date for Legion is August 30th. Just a FYI.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I buy very few games on release anymore. If it's a console game I'll throw it on my Amazon wish list and watch it, depending on time of year the price can drop fast, I usually get them for $20-$25, or I'll read up on it, see what DLC they are planning, wait 6-8 months for the "Legendary" edition to come out with everything included for $25-$30.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just make it online, which guaranteed no one can pirate it.
    Not necessarily. The problem is that this would boost the amount of money required to actually build the game, because hosting servers and developing a secure network is fairly complicated. Beside, you lose the market of people who want to play locally or who has a bad connexion (yes, they still exist).
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Heh, I take it you're doubting the August 30th release date stated by Blizz? :P
    Oh did they finally announce a release date? Literally the very last day in August? lol

W/e, don't think they could have pushed it back much further.

Expansion = $60

Sorry what? I don't pay a dime for my sub, I pay it with gold, so yea I do think that 5 mins spent a day doing garrison that pay my sub and spending 0$ a month on WoW is worth it. Also people have been bitching about not enough content ever since the game was made because they are hardcore current raiders, I couldn't care less about those, I do other things like Achievements, I actually only do current content when it is the next xpac to faceroll the metas and actually the less content the better as I have less achievements to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh did they finally announce a release date? Literally the very last day in August? lol

W/e, don't think they could have pushed it back much further.
    Clearly you dont play WoW at all any longer.

Sorry what? I don't pay a dime for my sub, I pay it with gold, so yea I do think that 5 mins spent a day doing garrison that pay my sub and spending 0$ a month on WoW is worth it. Also people have been bitching about not enough content ever since the game was made because they are hardcore current raiders, I couldn't care less about those, I do other things like Achievements, I actually only do current content when it is the next xpac to faceroll the metas and actually the less content the better as I have less achievements to do.
    Sounds like you barely play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you dont play WoW at all.
    I quit during WoD. I played for a long, long time. Game is garbage now.