Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    because the orcs look like poorly generated versions of retarded predators

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the trailer of The force awakens looked terrible and cheesy as hell. Seemed to do pretty well. Remember the shitstorm over the trailer for Jurassic World? Did pretty well. The weirdest part for me so far is the human dialogue. Its difficult to get through my head how that setting and art style visually has dialogue that doesn't have the cliche English accents throughout.

Visually I think it looks better than The Jungle Book which is literally all CGI apart from Mowgli and people are losing their minds over how good that supposedly looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just have faith in duncan jones. The guys a fantastic director, and on top of that he has a deep love for the warcraft universe. The movie is in good hands. We'll see how it goes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Normally opinions are just opinions, but yours is just shit.

The orcs are the best part of the CGI so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    I thought the trailer of The force awakens looked terrible and cheesy as hell. Seemed to do pretty well. Remember the shitstorm over the trailer for Jurassic World? Did pretty well. The weirdest part for me so far is the human dialogue. Its difficult to get through my head how that setting and art style visually has dialogue that doesn't have the cliche English accents throughout.

Visually I think it looks better than The Jungle Book which is literally all CGI apart from Mowgli and people are losing their minds over how good that supposedly looks.
    Theyre in azeroth, not london :P

Also the jungle book looked fantastic, if Warcraft looks that good on the big screen, then I'll be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    Wait, what? How could anyone make that comparison? It's like comparing cats to aircraft carriers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Just have faith in duncan jones. The guys a fantastic director, and on top of that he has a deep love for the warcraft universe. The movie is in good hands. We'll see how it goes though.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally opinions are just opinions, but yours is just shit.

The orcs are the best part of the CGI so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Theyre in azeroth, not london :P

Also the jungle book looked fantastic, if Warcraft looks that good on the big screen, then I'll be amazed.
    Yeah, I notice that a lot of fantasy or historical movies seem to have a pattern of forced English accents. It especially makes less sense when some of these movies portray cultures that pre-date either English accents or English in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    They're in azeroth, not london :P
    Exactly my point. I know the accent shouldn't be there. But seeing the armor and sets and whatnot makes my brain tell me that doesn't sound right. I'll get over it though, I'm quite looking forward to it.

[QUOTE=jdbond592;40334965]I don't know, f you plead hard enough, your mom might just give you enough money for it?

- - - Updated - - -

even if somebody gave me a ticket to this movie for free, I doubt i would be willing to spend my time watching it. Im already avoiding speaking of ever having played the game to the guys at work when they ask me about the movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I don't know, f you plead hard enough, your mom might just give you enough money for it?

- - - Updated - - -

If early viewings are anything to go by, no one has any complains about visuals.
    Good one. Have fun wasting 15 bucks and 2 hours while I sit here and laugh at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They have story input and that is about it. Legendary is the producing studio. Metzen is working with them directly I know that.
    And thus we have found our problem. Metzen really showed he had no business writing lore after games required a level of story telling beyond a few blurbs on a loading screen.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    And thus we have found our problem. Metzen really showed he had no business writing lore after games required a level of story telling beyond a few blurbs on a loading screen.
    Oh please there are far more glaring problems than his story input. CGI in some areas for example looks atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Exactly my point. I know the accent shouldn't be there. But seeing the armor and sets and whatnot makes my brain tell me that doesn't sound right. I'll get over it though, I'm quite looking forward to it.
    Eh, I dont see it, but I can sort of see where you're coming from.

I just wish people wouldnt be like " oh look, he has a grown and plate armor, he should have an english accent. "

Cause that shit makes me facepalm.

Breaking news, castles and crowns existed in other places than good ole britannia.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Metzen was Warcraft at a point. I dislike the Green Jesus Saga of WoW as much as the next person but you can't deny that Metzen practically made Warcraft 3 and by extension most of Post-WC3's lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only issue so far is the backgrounds seem SUPER green screen. I know that they actually built some of these sets so I have no idea why it looks like that but even the Star Wars prequels don't look so blatantly green screen.

I have faith the movie will be at least decent but something still feels off about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    My only issue so far is the backgrounds seem SUPER green screen. I know that they actually built some of these sets so I have no idea why it looks like that but even the Star Wars prequels don't look so blatantly green screen.

I have faith the movie will be at least decent but something still feels off about it.
    Everything about it seems very artificial. They tried to go an Avatar route, but the CGI parts don't feel like they mesh well with the non-CGI parts. They look heavily inserted, lacking some level of integration into the scenes they are apart of.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

I have seen terrible films look amazing from trailers and amazing films look terrible. From the trailers, I'm not sold but I have faith in Duncan Jones so I'm hoping that it is just poor marketing (when he has no control over). When it comes to the effects and the world in general, I think that they are trying to do something that hasn't been done in modern films and it may or may not work. I think they are trying to create a fantasy world that is a little more heightened with overblown colours, massive proportions and visual magic. The problem is that this kind of fantasy has been defined by Lord of the Rings and so people will naturally compare. Think about it, LOTR had magic but you never actually saw the wizards cast spells like you do in the Warcraft games. The closest is the white light from Gandalf's staff when riding into battle and going up against the Balrog.

The clips that came out this week have not convinced me. That forest battle looks off not because of the orcs but there is something wrong with the environment itself. It's too green or too clean perhaps but it feels like a sound stage rather than a real forest. The scene inside Karazhan is fine but it looks like a library anywhere. You would expect weird shit in a Kara library. Orgrim and Durotan talking was good, the CG was fine but I think that in general the Orcs look a little strange because of the proportions of the hands and also because the Tusks are so big that the lips can't properly form words as you would expect.

The biggest issue with what I have seen so far is Travis Fimmel. I haven't seen Vikings so I'm not familiar with him but his accent and the way he delivers lines is so not the way I would expect for a Warcraft character. That attempt at humour with Kadghar was really forced and didn't work and his conversation with Garona in the throne room fell flat too. It can be a struggle to understand what he is actually saying some of the time as well. That line in the trailers when he says "are you sure about that" It wasn't until the third or fourth time i watched the latest trailer when I understood what he was saying properly.

All of that aside, in Duncan Jones I trust and I will definitely see it. Come on, it's a Warcraft story up on the big screen. I think we all have an emotional investment in this world after playing the games for so long so I really hope that come June, the movie blows our collective socks off.
    Last edited by Lac; 2016-05-15 at 05:48 AM.

Im gonna go with the "A tons of movies based on video games/anime/manga failed big time" reason as to why so many people are pessimistic about wow movie.

*cough*dbz*cough*

15+ Year Old Account
    I think some people will hate it no matter what, without even going to see it.
    I am waiting to see it to pass judgement. I have faith in Duncan Jones, he's a brilliant director. Hopefully he will do this movie justice. I don't think the cgi is that bad. The Seventh Son cgi is terrible, reminds me of early cgi from 2005. Plus, I like how the orcs looks, but I am concerned about the dwarves and night elves.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

My only complaint is that the humans, who aren't CGI, look very out of place. It wont make me not want to watch the movie, but it irks me when I feel they're just standing there with a green screen(whether there is one or not).

I'm sure others think it fits in just fine. To me, however, the scene where they've got a human next to the dwarf wielding a pistol is just one of many scenes where a human feels out of place. I'd have preferred CGI humans like the one from the MoP cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because most video game movies suck, hard. I don't even know if I've seen one that didn't suck.

Deleted
    I won't see the movie.
    1. it has orcs and i fucking hate orcs
    2. i don't generally watch movies anyway, last time i've seen a movie was 3 years ago.
    3. i cringe VERY easily so i'm sparing myself. *
    4. even if i have played WoW 10 years, it does not mean shit, i'm simply not interested to see the movie

* i'm actually facepalming on the marketing campaign already, i just can't help myself. Even those 4 in-game weapon models made me turn my head away from the screen. I think i would kill myself if i ever see any movie advertising IRL.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-05-15 at 08:36 AM.

Because game-based movies are usually ones of two things: 1) It's just big game advertising clip 2) It's just another extra way to grab money from game story - something on a par with cups and t-shirts with game character images. Game movies have never been successive. MK, Doom, etc. - all were garbage.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.