Poll: Timeless isle gameplay for openworld endgame?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've played since very late game Vanilla and didn't max until BC, and Timeless Isle was the most fun I've ever had in WoW. Most fun. Literally lost sleep over Timeless Isle.

I preferred isle of Thunder to Timeless Isle. Why can't get more like that? Timeless Isle was pretty pointless and boring.

As long as they're is some capacity of challenging group content or at least green fire like challenges I'd be fine with it.

Deleted
    I hated the concept behind TI to be honest.
    There are nearly no quests on this isle.
    I really, really don't like wasting time on mob camping, and that's what 80% of TI is about. On a busy server you pretty much had to camp desired NPC's because they would get nuked down in seconds. Great, spend 90% of your time there literally not playing the game. What a fucking genius idea.
    Emperor Shaohao rep was a painful grind, even partied with 5 people killing the toughest elites.

The only fun thing I remember from TI was censer of the eternal agony. I didn't bought a boost like most people, instead I went and hunted players, stalked them on rare mobs and bosses so they accidentally activate PvP, then wreck them in 6v1 combat (cos i had full conq/mythic gear and they had lfr shit at best 90% of the time)

People on the receiving end of this weren't as pleased I imagine. They cried alot on the forums and so Censer was nerfed to 60 min CD. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I never understood what people thought was so great about Timeless Isle all you did was grind on mobs and kill rares
    If you weren't wearing mythic raid gear, the more difficult mobs were actually fun to grind. ESPECIALLY IF MELEE.

I dunno, whatever anyone puts in WoW, a whole bunch of people will hate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Timeless Isle, I remember it being pretty similar to Tanaan, but it felt like the regions flowed better. The elite sections felt more epic as you progressed up the mountain top towards the world boss. It was fun enough, I wouldn't be sorry to see another zone like it. I'm interested in how Legion will do things - it sounds like every zone is going to have content suited for all levels, I wonder how much max-level content each one might have. Also curious to see what future zones will hold (fingers crossed for Thal'Dranath to have Ny'alotha - city of the Old Gods, pls.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Quel'Danas. I miss the Argent Tournament (Yeah... Right?! I know...). I miss the sons of Hodir. I miss Netherwing Ledge and the Skyguard. I miss Molten Front. I miss the WOTLK LFG dungeon model. None of them perfect, but far more fun than Timeless Isle-style play.

That said, when it was new I did like Timeless Isle as a thing. I just didn't want to see the entire end-game model shift to it as a form of repeatable content.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

I completely skipped it. One of the reasons, why I quitted in MOP and skipped this xpack almost entirely. Was getting there only for 1 hour per character to grab all gear for alts and get out of there as fast, as possible.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    I enjoyed it. It gave me something to actually do after I had run LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved having an area with PvE objectives that let me pvp my own faction with no flying. It's something I hadn't known I wanted, but ended up loving. It was an improved IoQD.

I used to call the place"Timewaste Isle",a few of my guildies spent hours there chasing and camping the same not so rare mobs over and over,personally after the first week's novelty factor wore off and i had finished decking out all my profession mules with the welfare epics I never went back there,the place had no pull for me.

I didn't mind TI, killing random mobs a ton never bothered me. I just ran around and did my thing on whatever character I was playing at the time. I think some of it was because it was more of a medium server so you didn't have near the pitfalls that large servers had. I think it also helped that I loved playing my Elemental Shaman then. It also helped that it was a bit different, a new idea.

By the time TJ rolled around the newness had worn off and it broke down quickly. The idea that you could fill the bar in several ways broke down once you found the quickest way, not to mention I hated certain areas ( I loathe Bleeding Hollow and won't even do it if that is one of the dailies).

TI wasn't a bad concept for occasional content, just not all that great when it moved to a larger format. It's kind of like dailies imo. Dailies were ok for a while, or ok here and there, but when it got to the MoP level where you had dailies gating dailies, gating gear and recipes it just felt like too much.

Blizzard ( and really humans for that matter) always have this idea that if people like things in limited doses they will love it in large doses.

It was great! The best part of MoP open world. Fuck dailies forever!
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    TI was cool.

However Draenor, Tanaan and Legion have nothing to do with that. Saying that Draenor and Tanaan are continuation of TI is wrong because its nothing like TI. The only thing they have in common is both have treasures. Guess what - treasures existed in vanilla and BC too. Until bots started farming them like crazy and Blizzard instead of fixing bots removed all treasures.

Draenor completely missed what made Timeless Isle good:

1. No lockouts on rare NPCs and rare NPCs being actually rare. Players cooperated with each other by announcing rare spawns, sharing timers. It was fun and realms felt more like communities. In Draenor "rare" NPCs are simply named NPCs that are always up, drop useless junk and can be killed only once. It has nothing in common with TI.

2. Reputation available via multiple methods: farming mobs, daily and weekly quests. Optimal way to get rep was to do daily/weekly quests, but those who wanted it fast could also farm mobs. That gave players choices. Draenor reputations don't have any choices - its dumb mob grind.
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2016-05-18 at 10:12 AM.

Hated TI. Was such a let down after Landfall and Isle of Thunder.

I liked it more than I disliked it. You had dailies, you had grinding, you had random rares for free shit, you had random shit for free shit. I don't like easy catch up mechanics in general, it completely cheapens the rest of the expansion, but since it's here to stay... this isn't too bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    1. No lockouts on rare NPCs and rare NPCs being actually rare. Players cooperated with each other by announcing rare spawns, sharing timers. It was fun and realms felt more like communities. In Draenor "rare" NPCs are simply named NPCs that are always up, drop useless junk and can be killed only once. It has nothing in common with TI.
    Note, however, that that was only for level-up rares. Level 100 rares, both in Draenor and in Tanaan, only have a chance to drop loot and can be killed over and over again to try and get their drops, making them very similar to the ones on the Timeless Isle, including the same community experience (for the ones in Tanaan), just minus the addon that automatically announced when they spawned. (The ones outside Tanaan just don't drop anything worth going for, aside from the ones in the Highmaul area in Nagrand.)

7+ Year Old Account
    World Quest are Exellent, and mixing it up with some Treasures here and there, it will become Perfect.