Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    huh. Never tried primer. Always just went straight to foundation, and still had flake issues.
    That's why I recommended this:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...mpprod10751024

This is seriously one of the best hydrating primers I've ever used.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome, thanks Heather and Winter! It would be nice to look pretty for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    At the very least, I think you'd have fun. There is a substantial Korean community in Beijing so the Korean beauty stuff seems to be pretty popular here. When I checked to make sure that the Korean masks were available in the US, I noticed this article: http://hellogiggles.com/used-korean-...sks-four-days/ You might find it interesting since it shows the woman over several days of use.
    I have never been fond of sheet masks (they feel really weird to me), but that looks really interesting.

I got a sample of a hydrating mask from Origins in my Sephora Play box this month and I'm thinking of buying the full size bottle...

- - - Updated - - -

awesome, thanks Heather and Winter! It would be nice to look pretty for once.
    Girl, you will always look pretty. Let me hook you up with some dry skin goddesses (and a few who have combination skin):

KathleenLights
    ReadySetGlamour
    Tati

Tati doesn't have full-on dry skin, but has mentioned several times that her skin has gotten dryer this past year and she's having issues with it not being moisturized well enough, soooo.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite foundation brush is probably

the Up and Up Complexion Brush from Target.

But if you have really dry, flaky skin, nothing gets it done better than a Beauty Blender:

Yeah, I know it's $20, but it's so worth it, especially for us dry-skinned ladies.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    I'm convinced it's mostly genetic. Everyone's body and chemical composition is different, and what works for one, doesn't necessarily work for another.

I can't wear any type of foundation or powder, it just doesn't look any good on me. I have gone to countless "make over" parties, and sat at every major department store cosmetic counter to subject my face to the talents one makeup artist after another. Some of them have actually started crying. Foundations don't take to my skin. It just sits on the top surface, caking as it dries, and I have tried them all. My complexion is fine, so it's not so much that I need it. I'd just like to have the option to change my facial appearance, to accessorize with different styles and outfits.

If you don't eat veggies, You may want to consider vitamin supplements, especially if pregnant. If you don't like taking pill form (I don't), gummy vitamins are yummy.
    Indeed!Don't want to be a copy of my mom though Luckily, she's way more red than me. You've got some strange skin, but I'm a noob, so I don't know what would help.

I do take vitamins, no worries I'd be surprised if I had any vitamin deficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sugar and dairy are the two worst things for your skin. Seriously, try cutting it out for a month and see what happens. You'll be amazed

Also, if you don't like veggies then get a good quality multivitamin. If you're craving dairy that much then you're probably low on calcium/vitamin D, maybe look into a magnesium/d/calcium supplement (all 3 work together with one another).

Sure, some people can eat what they want and not break out/have problem skin and some can't.
    Milk is love, milk is life I just can't break up with milk. I'm taking a looot of vitamins as well. Magnesium (bloody leg cramps), for instance. The milk I'm drinking also contains extra vitamins + calcium, wohoo! Just really love the taste of that particular milk
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    You may not know enough women well enough. Men are kind of collateral damage in the fashion wars. As iPoopRainbows posted earlier:

YOU may not know women well enough. They lie a lot to save face.

You don't need to know which is russian red and which is stalin red, you just need to like how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

You don't need to know which is russian red and which is stalin red, you just need to like how it looks.
    yea when i pick a lipstick my first thought is, which shade of red is most likely to seduce men?

...not.

that russian red is nice though, its hard to find cooler reds that dont lean too pink/purple.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    yea when i pick a lipstick my first thought is, which shade of red is most likely to seduce men?

...not.

You're literally arguing you're not trying to be attractive to attract.

Don't bother.

You're literally arguing you're not trying to be attractive to attract.

Don't bother.
    im literally saying that it's what attracts me, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iPoopRainbows View Post
    Aw that made my heart warm ^_^
    My fiance thinks that of me too, he basically said the exact same thing "he feels like he's with a model when I go all out on my princess makeup" and when I don't wear it he just feels like "he's with a beautiful model who didn't get dolled up with her accessories yet" xD

Funny you mention the makeup tutorials, mine knows how much I love matte lipsticks so he will send me videos of the new colors that come out and ask which one I want most and tell me which ones he likes most, he makes it fun lol
    It started with her wanting to do her eyebrows because she was in a car wreck when she was 16 and her left eyebrow scared a little so it came back in slightly cricked. It's really not noticeable unless you zero in on it and look for a while. She was always self conscious about it but I never cared about how it looked. She does her eyebrows and it makes her feel beautiful so why not. Then she started doing contouring etc dying her hair every so often crazy colors and now she's at nearly 1inch on her plugs. She'll show me pictures of styles and colors and ask me what I think looks nice and I give her my opinion, but I always ask her what she thinks about them too. I try to buy her things she brings up to me that she wants to try out like products and plugs. She actually gauged her septim not too long ago (not sure what size) but I told her I thought it was hot when she asked me if I would still love her if she did it. I got her some NARS stuff the other day and for her birthday she got loads of Lush supplies and Glamglow stuff. With the Glamglow mudmask it was funny because I tried it with her and made it my mission to make her laugh with it on. I can tell you it worked like a charm. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    What if we're not doing it for you in the first place?
    I will stipulate that women wear makeup to not attract men (or women or whatever). Then why are you wearing it? Why spend thousands of dollars per year, plus botox and facelifts if not to satiate some narcissistic mental illness? Hardly better than trying to impress a man with your fake beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I will stipulate that women wear makeup to not attract men (or women or whatever). Then why are you wearing it? Why spend thousands of dollars per year, plus botox and facelifts if not to satiate some narcissistic mental illness? Hardly better than trying to impress a man with your fake beauty.
    because feeling pretty is a confidence booster. Confidence and feeling pretty are not mental illnesses -_-

Also, makeup for many jobs is required or encouraged.

because feeling pretty is a confidence booster. Confidence and feeling pretty are not mental illnesses -_-

Also, makeup for many jobs is required or encouraged.
    Human is a social animal, when ever you realize or not that your confidence boost is actually because you feel that you will be more attractive to other human eyes (not even only the gender you are socially attracted to). Because you like what is considered attractive, hence it gives you a confidence boost when you meet the criteria. Now im not on the side saying its a mental illnesse or bad, infact its known to be a very natural social structure, in short its harmless.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-05-22 at 05:27 PM.

I'm generally not a makeup-ey person. I've spent most of my time as an athlete, and there really wasn't a reason or good rationale to put it on throughout most of my teenage and adult life. However, in certain occasions, I will put some stuff on. Just some foundation and concealer (I sometimes get bad skin), and then some light eye stuff is what I usually go with for like, special occasions. The rarity of it actually makes it kind of fun when I do put some on. I can't imagine doing it on a regular basis though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Human is a social animal, when ever you realize or not that your confidence boost is actually because you feel that you will be more attractive to other human eyes (not even only the gender you are socially attracted to). Because you like what is considered attractive, hence it gives you a confidence boost when you meet the criteria. Now im not on the side saying its a mental illnesse or bad, infact its known to be a very natural social structure, in shorts its harmless.
    maybe on a super subconscious level that requires psychologists and anthropologists to fully understand, and I wont argue since i dont have a full understanding either. However, consciously there are a variety of reasons that dont involve attracting a mate. Cause Im pretty sure Im not trying to attract a guy by putting on makeup then staying inside all day

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I do, makeup exists for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer makeup is used as little as possible. So many overdo it, making them look worse than they would be without. Nobody thinks you look beautiful when your face looks like it's made of plastic; textureless and lifeless.

Well, maybe there is someone who does.

maybe on a super subconscious level that requires psychologists and anthropologists to fully understand, and I wont argue since i dont have a full understanding either. However, consciously there are a variety of reasons that dont involve attracting a mate. Cause Im pretty sure Im not trying to attract a guy by putting on makeup then staying inside all day
    Like I put on far more makeup when I'm meeting up with a group of girls than I ever do if I'm around dudes. I just love the "omg i love your makeup" compliments that we cycle around~ lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's okay as long as it isn't slathered on.

10+ Year Old Account

That still doesn't mean we're buying makeup for you.

But it's cute that you think you're the center of the universe like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Because makeup is fun. It's a hobby for me. I don't question the amount of money you spend on computer equipment, video games or cars. I don't call it a mental illness. I enjoy makeup.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama