Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The enemy team would though if she was trash talking them.

Blizzard already said they won't ban smurfs unless they are intentionally rigging MMR by playing with far less skilled players and then abusing that.
    She doesn’t trash talk enemy, she only voice coms her perm pre-made.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow jeeze. When you start the match and everyone is salty and tilted and your composition is rubbish, then the enemy team come out with 6 DPS including Hanzo, Bastion and Torbjorn...

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when I feel like I'm finally at the end of a bad losing streak and start a game that's going well and then some fucking prick leaves.

I've seriously had enough of this shit.

Having to play safer with Mercy now that her rez has a casting time feels more engaging somehow. She also seems to pair well with Moira, especially when you're getting flanked.
    Lovin' it !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Love FPS shooters, Like Multiplayer FPS(CoD etc.) I do decent/ above average on them in randoms/TDM/CTF/Domination etc.
    I am not into the OVERWATCH, Toon X counters Toon Y thing though...at all.
    Not enjoying the random potato "fuck it not doing the objectives or my job...just going to derp around the map" team mates , thing either.

Getting smoked 11 times in a game , not fun...not even for the most casual and docile of players.

I don't see HOW this will appeal long term to people who like winning more than on just luck that your team mates know their job,know the objective and ...will execute, do not have a pack of friends to play with all the time, or casuals who mind being more than score fodder k/d farms for teams.

Ah well, Blizz got me for a nice chunk of $$ on this one.
    Find people you like to play with, put them on your friends list. If you use a random group button to find a group you get random people as it is designed to do and randomly speaking you are more likely able to find bad than good because there are many many bad players out there. Friends list invites are the way to play this game.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One loss away from 2200 after starting the season in plat, climbing to 2700. Currently on an 8-19 slide, after having a 1-7 right before. So really, 9-26. This is fucking unreal. Golds every match no matter what role I play. No one switching to counter. Just fucking terrible. This is the worst matchmaking system I've ever seen in a game.

And then every single game when I suggest that people switch or aren't contributing, I get called every name under the book and have to leave chat and block everyone. And Blizzard expects me to just keep a level head and not say anything back, or to carry that rage into other games? They're fucking smoking crack. Their game is 80% of the cause of toxicity in said game. Instead of 'fixing' the reporting system, they need to just place people properly.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH ive had many games this season lost because of torb and sym 1 tricks not switching when they are getting countered by phara/junkrat, and running their 1 tricks when the whole team is going dive or something more mobile

10+ Year Old Account
    68 eliminations on Hybrid, 20k damage, 7 Deaths, 53% of team's kills, have a leaver, all DPS btw since fuck it lets throw, and potg is a salty riptire coming for me as I pistol whip soldier solo ulting me and kill him, rewind to dodge the tire and kill junkrat before he can regain control and the clip cuts out right before i stick their mercy with a pulse bomb and kill their roadhog and reinhardt. shit was like asking someone to do a feature and getting dissed on your own track.

still wasn't enough to win tho =\ sometimes it feels like that 50% chance of winning rests entirely on my shoulders >____>

But personally, I just can't seem to get away from my dislike of mercy players. they're such a hassle to deal with sometimes and i never thought i'd feel that way about another hero besides mei. she's this really simple hero that isn't too difficult to play but i cant count how many times i'm baiting a winston or something and the bitch just flies over and tries to heal me and gets herself killed. and how often so many of them now place themselves in really stupid positions attempting to rez

like, i'm the controversially gay british croc sporting time traveler. i have the best survival utility in the game - unless you can see i've been on E for a bit i'd rather you make sure the rest of the team is healed so they aren't nabbing my health packs. and don't even get me started on the rezzes.

2-2-2 seems to be rising in popularity again. i already miss the 4 dps 1 tank 1 healer meta
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-20 at 10:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    2-2-2 seems to be rising in popularity again. i already miss the 4 dps 1 tank 1 healer meta
    People are realising those wins with 4 DPS were exceptions.

I'm realising that if we have DVa and Roadhog tanking on defence, I should just pick Orisa anyway and 3 tank it. People have yet to realise that that combination will just get walked through by most comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see that tripping some people up as most DPS players act like they're allergic to firing at barriers. I guess I can't really blame them though as it's been my experience that there aren't many players interested in playing Soldier or Pharah even though they are really strong. They'd rather play heroes like Genji, Widowmaker, Sombra and Hanzo like they are too cool to be meta and collect a free win every once in a while by raining down uncontested barrage after barrage of rockets on the enemy team from the safety of the sky all game long
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-11-20 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have continued the never ending losing streak. I'm now in the 2200's. I don't remember if I dropped this low last season, but this is either the lowest I've ever been or trending towards. I've noticed a trend where even though I've been in high plat, it always places me on teams of people who have NEVER been plat. While the other team is full with people who have all been plat this season.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I continue to feel that the matchmaking in Overwatch is actually decent despite frequent complaints from others to the contrary.

That said, I also still dislike that SR gains/losses is exclusively tied to wins and losses in such a team based game. It's really disheartening to have a game where you feel like you did really well personally but factors outside of your control result in a loss and you lose a lot of SR for it. Obviously there are also games where I play garbage but we win and I gain SR but let's be honest, it's hard to complain about a positive. I really wish they'd use the skill-based system they use to determine placements to all determine SR changes, rather than how it is now where your skill level just is the difference between losing 18 points or 22 points or whatever. Competitive Points can and should stay tied to wins but since SR is supposed to reflect skill why does it swap from being 100% skill based to being like... 25% skill / 75% W:L ratio?

Obviously the problem with that is that it encourages one tricking even more. I think maining heroes is already a problem that needs solved since this is a game that is designed around counter swapping, and people that stick exclusively to one hero (whether to game the system or just because that's all they know how) is against the core philosophy and frankly results in a lot of unfun and uncooperative matches. How many games have y'all had where one guy wanted to throw or half-assed it because someone else locked his main? Or stuck on a particular hero even though he was getting decimated on them?

Maybe something like if you play a hero you haven't played in awhile and you do well, you get a small SR boost, while there is diminishing returns on SR gains after you play the same hero a lot of games in a row without trying anyone else?

Anyway, that's just me venting. Relatively speaking, the game is still new and they are still doing significant tweaks every season. It does keep getting better, so hopefully eventually they'll find a good spot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Total Mayhem is back in the arcade...Finally ! <3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I continue to feel that the matchmaking in Overwatch is actually decent despite frequent complaints from others to the contrary.
    Must be nice to not get put into forced losing streaks with people whose highest ranks are nowhere near your own, have most medals in a given role, but continuously drop. In 50 games I have lost almost 600 rank at this point with losses outnumbering wins 6:1. I'm sorry, but I don't just suddenly stop having fingers or skill as I continuously downrank over such a short period of time that it's unfathomable to think matchmaking is 'working as intended'.

Whatever bullshit reasons people like to repeat over and over here, it mathematically doesn't make sense. I used to give up on seasons after losing just 150 pts and go hanzo rest of the time. I never dipped below 200 rank from where I started without purposefully trying. Now it's no thing to lose almost a thousand rank by honestly trying.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2017-11-21 at 02:21 AM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Must be nice to not get put into forced losing streaks with people whose highest ranks are nowhere near your own,
    The highest gap I've ever seen in my games (I have about 200 hours in comp) is someone two ranks above me, and that was because they were grouped with someone in my rank. 90% of my games, everyone is the same rank or maybe one higher or lower, especially now that losing games will actually derank you.
    Also, with the way the grouping works, you're just as likely to get those people on your team as on the enemy team. In fact, if you don't requeue (or the game doesn't force you to) after facing a pair like that, they will almost certainly end up on your team in a later match as players in that range get shuffled around for different team pairings.

I can't help but feel every time I see these comments that people are really hyperbolising the difference in skill levels between teams or how often they get unmatched games, or else they are operating from a sample size of just a few games. Smurfs are problem sometimes, but that isn't an issue with the matchmaking AI, that is an issue with people exploiting the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ...have most medals in a given role, but continuously drop. In 50 games I have lost almost 600 rank at this point with losses outnumbering wins 6:1. I'm sorry, but I don't just suddenly stop having fingers or skill as I continuously downrank over such a short period of time that it's unfathomable to think matchmaking is 'working as intended'.
    Literally the entire rest of my post was complaining about how SR is calculated and exactly this. None of this is talking about matchmaking, it is talking about how SR is determined, which is exactly the aspect I have issue with.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-11-21 at 03:42 AM. Reason: fixed broken quotes

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally the entire rest of my post was complaining about how SR is calculated and exactly this. None of this is talking about matchmaking, it is talking about how SR is determined, which is exactly the aspect I have issue with.
    I know...and my 'bullshit reasons' wasn't directed at you, but other robots in the thread. I do however just disagree entirely with your view that matchmaking is fine b/c you don't see it. I've seen it for 2 seasons straight now, conveniently since you could downrank. Before, I was forced to play with other people who also attained plat and you know what? The win/loss and rating changes were fairly balanced so that I never strayed more than 200 below but always had chances to rise up. Now that it just slaps you with anyone, I am constantly the only plat player with all golds against all plat teams.

You say it's just as equal a chance for the other team, but Blizzard themselves have said their matchmaking doesn't work right on large streaks yet it seems to force you into those streaks. Almost like it constantly weights me higher than everyone else, so it stacks the odds against me personally. If I had the time to compile screenshots or video of inspecting every profile as I enter a match to show this I would...but it's exhausting enough jut queuing and not smashing my keyboard against the wall.

I've grown more toxic myself as this goes on, Blizzard's handling of my games directly impacting my language. Sure, I should have some measure of control but at a certain point the psychological beating is more than anyone can take. If the gameplay wasn't like the coolest and smoothest shit ever, I would have quit in a heartbeat. The difference is that all the other games have shit looking/feeling gameplay and fine matchmaking. I go to Paladins or anything else and I'm a god or playing very balanced and fair feeling teams. Never this weird curbstomp, nonstop loss train. But those games just aren't fun at all.

It basically feels like if you are a slightly above average player, you get shit on more than anything. If you are a pro, it seems ok b/c they never drop out of ranks. If you are really bad, games feel balanced b/c you're only with really bad people. But if you have a history of achieving without crossing over, you're stuck in some ratings hell where matchmaking says it would rather get you in a game in 20 seconds even if you lose instantly than dare wait 5 minutes to place you with other people your skill level.

Basically I wish the game would just have more advanced matchmaking and I would rather wait 5 minutes for it than to have this happen.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of with this, the trouble I run into is most evident when it's clear there are players in the group who are deliberately doing something to try to break it. The real problem is that this behaviour is so endemic; and why I have just so much hate for it, and lament seeing when I'm with a premade and there's significant SR variation between the players.

The one-tricking thing, I personally feel is a myth, or at least greatly exaggerated. I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, and my SR gains and losses aren't significantly different between those heroes; and even those heroes I generally do better on, I can have a shit game and end up not gaining as much; or I can have a great match on one of my typically less good heroes and still make a top grade with them. There is a little variation on average though, and sure, outside of that pool things can get squiffy and that's where the idea comes from I think; but I don't think that's reason enough to completely retreat to one hero.

I think there's a lot more comes out of the 'hidden' MMR, and that's something that will cushion a poor game on a less good hero; because that's where the system is trying to put you where you should be. Even if I'm on a very average run of games, I'm not suddenly going to lose 50SR because of one shite one (indeed the couple of times I DC'd in the first minute and lost 50SR, my next matches I played well and gained the 50 straight back on one and nearly 40 on the other).

So, as with hero balance, I think perceptions are just not where the reality lies.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-11-21 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The one-tricking thing, I personally feel is a myth, or at least greatly exaggerated. I play a pool of 6-7 heroes, and my SR gains and losses aren't significantly different between those heroes; and even those heroes I generally do better on, I can have a shit game and end up not gaining as much; or I can have a great match on one of my typically less good heroes and still make a top grade with them. There is a little variation on average though, and sure, outside of that pool things can get squiffy and that's where the idea comes from I think; but I don't think that's reason enough to completely retreat to one hero.
    Yeah I don't actually know on the SR difference of one tricking. Even if it's grossly exaggerated in terms of how much it affects things, the community believes it which means the community is apt to try it. But yeah, I really don't know how much it really matters unless you're putting in a huge huge huge amount of hours into games; for the average player it probably doesn't.

Anyway, I don't know if it's one tricking or just having a "main" that you'll only play, but start looking at the hero history of the player's in your comp matches if you don't know. I think you'll find most people are not as open to swapping, and Maybe it's just where I play but there is almost always at least one player who has 90% of their hours in one particular hero. Realistically, in most matches it's half of both teams.

(That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course. I have the (vast, vast) majority of hours in Comp on Lucio just because (a) we always need more support (b) there's often a Mercy main (c) I'm better at him than several other options. So my history suggests I am in favour of this but in reality I'm very opposed to the idea of having just one hero you will play.)

But what does mean something is the many, many games I have where two people have all those hours on the same hero and then a fight ensues on who gets to play them. Or one person reluctantly switches to something else and spends the whole game insulting the person that picked "their" hero and that they could have done better. Or throws a tantrum and decides to make a bad pick, or otherwise just spends the whole match complaining. I know we've all seen that.

Anyway, what I was really getting at is not being willing or able to play other Heroes is a real problem in a game like this one where the game is balanced around counterpicks and swapping for maps/comp/situations. Whether it's due to SR gaming or just preference, I think the game shouldn't do anything to encourage it further and if anything, should make changes perhaps in Comp to actual encourage people to swap more. (Not to the point where people are picking heroes they have no time on, but just not sticking exclusively to one)

| twitch | bsky
    |

Moira: So on your own screen her hands are infront of her, but everyone else see her running with them behind her :P I guess it's kind of the same for all heroes, I just never thought about it until I saw Moira.

So tired of people joining No Limits and then playing 2-2-2 or stacking tanks and shit. If I wanted to play that I'd just play ranked or QP. It's the same as in HS and people take the OP standard decks to Wild. Bo-ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Moira: So on your own screen her hands are infront of her, but everyone else see her running with them behind her :P
    Yes, it's such a dumb, petty, thing but it makes me crazy. When they first showed the trailer with her weirdass run I'm like... why can she still see her hands in front in the game if she holds them down when she runs?

WHATEVER. I CAN ACKNOWLEDGE IT IS LITERALLY THE MOST TRIVIAL THING ON EARTH TO CARE ABOUT BUT IT STILL MAKES ME TWITCHY.

| twitch | bsky
    |