Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Love the hear that people like it.

But just out of curiousity? Really?

You've already seen it?

What tangible evidence can we get that you legitimately saw it.

I'm pretty sure it is finished as of now obviously but still? :P
    I have a friend who has screened it in the states and somebody on my girlfriends b.net list who made it to the screening the OP is talking about They have happened in certain areas already. Don't ask me anything about it as I haven't asked, I just know it's meant to be fairly decent!

Going in with mid to low expectations though so even in worst case scenario I won't be upset

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I left my rose-tinted 3D glasses outside the theater... Can I borrow yours?
    Obvious troll is obvious, please go back to your cave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Saw it in Essen, Germany at 0:01 premiere =)
    For a warcraft fan i would rate it a 9/10. Though for people not familiar with the warcraft franchise I would rate it 7/10 at most. It was quite a good movie with some minor flaws.
    Just how full was the cinema? I was ponering going but it looked very booked when I looked the reservations up. Probably going to see it today but still curious if there would have been any worthwhile seats free at the premiere yesterday.

Movie is wonderful. Has several small retcona
    Like Orgrim been member of Frostwolves instead of Blackrocks. Etc.

Fight scenes are great. Orcs feel real. Spells are wonderful
    My favorite is when khadgar casts polymorph

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Garona does it out of her free will tho. Which lessens the dilemma she faces. Llane commands her to kill him because she will be able to rejoin the Horde and maybe do some Peace-Keeping-Work on the other side. Still not sure. I always liked Garonas Character because she never wanted to do the things she did. In the movie she is never acutally controlled by anyone. Just maybe a bit preassured into something but that's about it.
    Not sure if I will change my mind on that one - for now I would have prefered the old version.
    Wait... She's supposed to do it of her own free will. That's a good thing... but Stormwind never gets sacked? She's supposed to kill Llane and it's supposed to be a good thing: The Horde has surrounded Stormwind, but Llane refuses to surrender. In the original story she's supposed to do it to prevent the pointless death of Stormwind citizens. But if here Stormwind isn't attacked... why does she have to kill him?
    Aegwynn is never mentioned.
    Then who is that cloaked, older woman with the black eyes in the trailer? I assumed that was supposed to be Aegwynn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Wait... She's supposed to do it of her own free will. That's a good thing... but Stormwind never gets sacked? She's supposed to kill Llane and it's supposed to be a good thing: The Horde has surrounded Stormwind, but Llane refuses to surrender. In the original story she's supposed to do it to prevent the pointless death of Stormwind citizens. But if here Stormwind isn't attacked... why does she have to kill him?
    Then who is that cloaked, older woman with the black eyes in the trailer? I assumed that was supposed to be Aegwynn.
    Alodi.

Retcon!

Deleted
    Because he is one of the last few Men still standing. Their Army is shattered and he is about to die himself with no way to retreat and she would just die as well. He thinks, this at least saves her and she get's to live on to change the horde from within.

The woman is not Aegwynn. Not sure who she is supposed to be (really) - the only name I have heard was Alodi or something. Which was the first Guardian in the Warcraft Lore. She explains something about the Darkness and Light being born of the other to explain the Deus Ex at the end. I'll wait until we get more information about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    There is an entire forum section about other games, also entire off-topic section not related to WoW, do you also call those cross-advertising? People wanted and waited for this movie for a long time, it's only natural that they share their thoughts and emotions. If you don't care, just move on.
    Posting about movie here - is the same, as posting about some other game, Herthstone for example. Yeah, you're right - there are dedicated forum sections for this. Do it there. It just looks like cross-advertising - when game developers start to importunately advertise one of their games among players of other one - for example via spamming "X is so great!!111" threads from "undercover" posters. Stop it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-26 at 04:34 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saw it in germany, as a fan I give it 7/10, for non-players I think 6/10 is given. So solid movie, decent acting, great pics. Nothing extraordinary but so far best fantasy movie of 2016, MUCH better than Hobbit.

The whole inner conflict of Medivh was poorly explained, the "romance" scenes felt awkward, otherwise good entertainment!
    Last edited by Fearodh; 2016-05-26 at 05:38 PM.
    They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious, please go back to your cave.
    Obvious troll? Where?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Great to hear. Though it doesn't matter if the movie was great or bad, the WoW community will hate on it regardless because its "cool".
    No, it gets hated on because it's terrible.

juat came back home from movie theatre. i liked it. too bad i didnt loved it. may be 20 year wait was long enough...

The woman is not Aegwynn. Not sure who she is supposed to be (really) - the only name I have heard was Alodi or something. Which was the first Guardian in the Warcraft Lore. She explains something about the Darkness and Light being born of the other to explain the Deus Ex at the end. I'll wait until we get more information about her.
    But... Alodi is a man. If she went unnamed, I think we're supposed to assume it was Aegwynn, as she was still the leader of the Tirisgard at that time. (Aegwynn outlived her son.)

It looks like a bunch of people Wow fansites reported that this elderly woman character was Alodi, based on her dialog... even though, everything lines up with this character being Aegwynn. By the First War, Aegwynn was alive (and a woman) while Alodi was dead. (and a man.)
    Last edited by Ersula; 2016-05-26 at 08:10 PM.

I dont understand why ppl take serious "critic specialized" when those fatasses just like "oscar movies" (normally not blockbusters)

I will watch for sure.

Deleted
    But... Alodi is a man. If she went unnamed, I think we're supposed to assume it was Aegwynn, as she was still the leader of the Tirisgard at that time. (Aegwynn outlived her son.)
    I know what it would be in Warcraft Lore. But they clearly said Alodi so like I said - I will wait until this is cleared up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    The German voiceacting was quite satisfying. Could have been worse, but it did not feel weird at any time of the movie.

besides voice acting, for me khadgar was one of the most unexpected but great implemented characters.
    really?
    not even durotans voice?
    he sounds terrible in the trailer.

seems like i will go and watch the movie in a theater after all.

- - - Updated - - -

snip
    her being alodi makes no sense.
    blizz and legendary, i get that you have to rewrite some stuff to appeal to non warcraft fans more.
    but changing the gender of a character? and probably not even renaming him/her?
    dafuq?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebius View Post
    Saw it in Essen, Germany at 0:01 premiere =)
    For a warcraft fan i would rate it a 9/10. Though for people not familiar with the warcraft franchise I would rate it 7/10 at most. It was quite a good movie with some minor flaws.
    Are you Steven A. on rotten tomatoes? Saw that audience review and then saw your comment, was a double take Glad it's good!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    long ass bullshit
    Everybody praised the CGI u idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Some people don't like going into movies knowing there's a twist or cliffhanger ending. It's a minor spoiler. I don't really give a shit, I'm just asking to take precaution.
    Llane dies. In the story. Cause this story is old.

It's like saying Boromir dies.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    really?
    not even durotans voice?
    he sounds terrible in the trailer.

seems like i will go and watch the movie in a theater after all.

- - - Updated - - -

her being alodi makes no sense.
    blizz and legendary, i get that you have to rewrite some stuff to appeal to non warcraft fans more.
    but changing the gender of a character? and probably not even renaming him/her?
    dafuq?
    Nowadays a decent number of theaters offer movies in OV, even in germany
    Saw it in OV and it was easy to understand; Maybe Travis Fimmel mumbled one or two times, but it was finde

Yes, the "thing/person" is called Alodi. Didnt read it, but i heard that "Alodi" is explaines in the Durotan novel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Are you Steven A. on rotten tomatoes? Saw that audience review and then saw your comment, was a double take Glad it's good!
    Pssst, dont telly anyone or I have to kill you! Nah that's just my fake fb account name, cuz I was too lazy to make a new RT account