Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wordoks View Post
    Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    Just like any bitter fanboy who felt that they were betrayed, burned, or what ever #reason it is they have a huge vendetta to see it fail because it will some how give them some sort of deep satisfaction of "yeah that's what you get for (insert reason) me". Over the years with MMO-C forums have gotten bitter and bitter over the years with WoW is dead or dying, yet live such an enclosed bubble that fail to realize gaming culture has evolved and the fact that World of Warcraft is not the only game out there.

People were the same exact way with Star Wars Galaxies, I was bitter about it, did my forum rants, but than just said screw it since it was a waste of time to attempt to get people to "rally hate" behind me when others were still enjoying the game. Thankfully grew up and just went with to each their own.

I think thing that bugs me is people saying Blizzard listened to the wrong part of the community, but than you had Wildstar came out which aimed directly at the "hardcore" and really didn't catch on. Than again I've always viewed even Vanilla WoW as a casual MMO since you could accomplish things without spending hours on, in comparison to other MMOs I played before it.

Honestly, don't come to these forums often OP, smile, nod, laugh at what some people post, but being on this forum too much will have all the negativity rub off on you.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Because the developers don't listen to the players.
    On the contrary, they listen too much to the players...

Because its cool now a days.
    You can observe these days being with the tide is much more desirable than using braincells. You see that in every issue, wow to SJWs, to lefties blame D&G being racist over a pair of sandals and right wingers being after building a wall.
    Its quite sad when emotions are overtaking critical thinking.
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-05-26 at 08:03 AM.

Why is there so much hate towards wow? I just don't get it. I feel like im the only one that wants the game to succeed. Is there anyone else that hopes for the best for the game? I never realized how many negative people there are, its just sad
    We've explained this 100500 times already. Blizzard don't listen to feedback and understand wallet-voting only. Since Cata quality of game have been terrible and it's only becoming worse and worse with time, but some players keep paying for it no matter what - this makes Blizzard more and more lazy. Why make better quality and quantity of content, if players pay anyway? That's why some players want Wow to completely fail. They hope, that if majority of players would suddenly stop paying for Wow, Blizzard would have to increase quality of content or at least make Wow F2P, as it should be with such tiny amount of support, it has now.

This happened back in Cata, when sudden fail of 4.0-4.2 forced Blizzard to change direction of development and stabilize sub numbers. But it MOP the continued towards the same direction, that leaded us to WOD. And I've been telling you since that moment, that if you want to save Wow - vote with your wallet - stop pointless complaining and unsub. But no. Majority of players keep paying and it leads us to where we are now - to one content patch once in 2 years. And the worst thing - it's too late now. Blizzard have already driven enough of your Wow sub fee money from Wow to things, like Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch and Warcraft Movie, to freely abandon it now without any consequences.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Wow token = you don't need work for gold in this game any more.
    Leveling boost = nerfing the contents of leveling.

Those are all features which killed the contents of the game.

People would quit this game very fast, if they have nothing to do.
    You literally have no idea what 'Pay to Win' is if this is your serious idea of it.

Deleted
    To be honest, I really don't see that much more hate towards WoW right now than in any previous expansion. There will always be people that complain about the stupidest shit, more so on these forums which seems to be a breeding ground for whiny, spoiled shits that think only their opinion matters and make up definitions of phrases on their own so that it suits their moronic arguments.

I'm not saying WoW is in a good state right now, because it's definitely seen better days, but content drought aside, it never was as bad as the forums make it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who are complaining, is it because of gameplay mechanics or because of the looks and it does not looks like WoW through multiple things (music, atmosphere, style) ?
    I would be curious also for someone to sum up the main problem(s), dev doesn't listen isn't the actual effective problem if they don't.

Examples of P2W-features that would actually be damaging to the game:
    -Super potions only available through the shop, boosts HP and damage by 20%
    -Buy HC/mythic raid/pvp gear from shop
    -Buy exclusive legendary weapon from shop

Examples of P2w-features that don't affect the game:
    -Boost your character to max-level
    -Items that makes you level up quicker
    -Treasure maps or something

What is to "win", really? If it's not end-game related, it doesn't matter, IMO.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Examples of P2W-features that would actually be damaging to the game:
    -Super potions only available through the shop, boosts HP and damage by 20%
    -Buy HC/mythic raid/pvp gear from shop
    -Buy exclusive legendary weapon from shop

Examples of P2w-features that don't affect the game:
    -Boost your character to max-level
    -Items that makes you level up quicker
    -Treasure maps or something

What is to "win", really? If it's not end-game related, it doesn't matter, IMO.
    Sorry, but you've just proved, that things, like level boost and 2M gold mounts - are P2W. Why? Because you should understand, that players have different interests, playstyles and goals in this game. If you care about raiding gear, so for you selling it for $$$ would be P2W, but don't care about mounts, so you don't care, if there would be mount, that costs 2M gold/$500 - it doesn't mean, there are no other players, for whom leveling or collecting mounts - may be their goal of game. For example, I don't care about raiding gear, so I wouldn't mind, if it would be sold in cash shop. But I care about leveling new characters - for me it's goal of the game. And I don't like, that someone can just buy my hardly obtained achievement for $$$.

Imagine, that collecting mounts - is your goal of game. You have to work really hard to obtain 2M Spider mount - you have to grind for weeks and months. For you - it's great accomplishment. For you this mount - is the symbol of this accomplishment, that allows you to show other players, that you've achieved it. It's very rare and exclusive. Yeah... But there is Bob, who can simply throw $500 and get the same thing instantly. It devalues this accomplishment, as there would be no way to distinguish players, who achieved it via hard work, from players, who've simply bought it. Isn't it P2W? Cuz, I guess, the exact definition of P2W - devaluing ingame accomplishments via selling them for $$$.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-26 at 09:32 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Because they are trolls.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are many reasons to dislike WoW, most of them vary from person to person.

For me it's the rubbish storyline (that they have the cheek to make a movie out of), the abandonment of core RPG concepts (freedom to build your character, crafting being an integral part of the game, the game world being significant and not just a throw away grind spot, ... etc.) for the sake of raiding.

They have lost me. I have been patient but I have come to realise it's for naught. I will subsidise raiders no longer.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we will soon see $2000 full of mythic gears in the e-store, as LOL CHINESE GOLD FARMERS HAVE ALREADY SOLD MYTHIC GEARS BY G-RAIDS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Imagine, that collecting mounts - is your goal of game. You have to work really hard to obtain 2M Spider mount - you have to grind for weeks and months. For you - it's great accomplishment. For you this mount - is the symbol of this accomplishment, that allows you to show other players, that you've achieved it. It's very rare and exclusive. Yeah... But there is Bob, who can simply throw $500 and get the same thing instantly. It devalues this accomplishment, as there would be no way to distinguish players, who achieved it via hard work, from players, who've simply bought it. Isn't it P2W? Cuz, I guess, the exact definition of P2W - devaluing ingame accomplishments via selling them for $$$.
    P2W = Pay to WIN. Buying a mount is not "winning" unless that mount is a 500% speed increase or something else game-breaking.

Also, I doubt anyone is going to pay over $500 for a mount. The spectral tiger was a special circumstance (it was printed in limited numbers and duping wasn't a problem then), this is just a vendor mount that can be bought at any time between now and WoW's end.

FYI having your agenda in your username is not a good idea if you want to be taken seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    P2W = Pay to WIN. Buying a mount is not "winning" unless that mount is a 500% speed increase or something else game-breaking.

Also, I doubt anyone is going to pay over $500 for a mount. The spectral tiger was a special circumstance (it was printed in limited numbers and duping wasn't a problem then), this is just a vendor mount that can be bought at any time between now and WoW's end.
    Saving time = WIN.

Not really hate but disappointment.

Disappointed that Blizzard is casualizing/simplifying the game, making it boring to play.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because people think that when a game made for millions of people doesn't reflect their personal needs:
    - developers don't listen to players
    - developers are cattering to the wrong people
    - the game is pay to win
    - they know better how to develope games
    - other bs people spew on the internet thinking "their opinion matters more than other opinions"

So basicly the problem are people. Don't worry about it too much. There are plenty of people mostly satisfied with the game who just prefer to play the game rather than come to the forums an whine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Too much pay-to-win.
    /facepalm

I mean really... I don't even have words to describe the oceans of stupidity that are under this statement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Because the developers don't listen to the players.
    Can you blame them?

Every person out of those millions of subs over the years seems to want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How does someone else skipping the leveling process put you at a disadvantage? You can still enjoy the leveling process at a slower pace without heirloom gear. Sure, you can argue the process itself isn't as good anymore but someone else skipping it doesn't put you at any kind of disadvantage.
    I can understand your confusion, but wow wasn't supposed to be a single player game.

Because the game in its current state is a far cry from the game most of us fell in love with when we started playing.

No one wants to play the same stuff for over a decade, but changing the core concept to such a radical extent is inevitably gonna alienate the fanbase.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    So basicly the problem are people. Don't worry about it too much. There are plenty of people mostly satisfied with the game who just prefer to play the game rather than come to the forums an whine.
    On long term (and WoW is a good example of long term game), the rules of the game, more specifically the game design, define the community, not the opposite.
    If you have a bad experience with people in a game, that means the game is not suited, not designed for that.
    This is why designing the mechanics of a game is a real job and not just listening to the playing people, who actually never know what they like.

There are many multiplayer games that do not maintain and create social networks on their own (most FPS, RTS..). There's matchmaking, then the game starts, it finishes, and goodbye. It's not an accident, it's just the way it's done.
    World of Warcraft, today, is built the same way (you select the map in a menu, basically). But it was not always like this, so you get a huge "I don't like this game anymore" feeling.
    Last edited by Koward; 2016-05-26 at 10:07 AM.