Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Don't forget the part where Mike Morhaime ritualistically bathes in the blood of virgins.
    All im saying is that if Blizzard was a little more open minded and listened to the community, wow would probably be in better shape than it currently is in now. But yes i forgot to mention Mike Morhaime ritualistically bathes in the blood of virgins.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it spikes to a significant amount AND stays there for a few months, you bet your rear they will.

Deleted
    I'm sure if 10 million people play at the start of Legion they'll let us know

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    All im saying is that if Blizzard was a little more open minded and listened to the community, wow would probably be in better shape than it currently is in now.
    That's laughable, 'the community' very rarely agrees on anything, you only have to look at LFR and Flying to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still waiting for your evidence of these "analysts" Mr Jaylock. Oh wait you have no evidence my bad.
    There are none. He made it up, it's what he does.

I doubt the subs would reach 8 million again, although initial sales may be high. I think the pattern will follow that of Wod, although if endgame is half decent for non raiders the slump may not be as bad.

If they get 10 million people back for Legion they will be shouting it from the roof tops. Any business would. When they drop down again they will be back so saying numbers don't mean anything.

Probably not. After Legion, it'll BOOM up to back over 2 million, but not much more than that. They wouldn't want to report that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Sheen26 View Post
    All im saying is that if Blizzard was a little more open minded and listened to the community, wow would probably be in better shape than it currently is in now. But yes i forgot to mention Mike Morhaime ritualistically bathes in the blood of virgins.
    actually when blizzard werent listening to the community that much is when the game was at its best.. but the developers were also different.. now its a mess..

old developers always knew what to do with the game.. and they werent listening to the community that much

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Probably not. After Legion, it'll BOOM up to back over 2 million, but not much more than that. They wouldn't want to report that.
    This. The number of subscribers was estimated at 2.3mil back in February 2016. It's clearly half that now. Might pop back to around three million at the launch of the expansion if they are lucky but they'll lose more than half of that within a month.

I think, yes, if Legion will be success, and no, if it won't. Blizzard are very double-standarded: they report numbers, when it's success, and stop reporting them, when it's fail. But at least they 100% will report number of players at launch.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Why do people care about subscription numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Why do people care about subscription numbers?
    This is the only way to determine, if current direction of development is right or wrong.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    This. The number of subscribers was estimated at 2.3mil back in February 2016. It's clearly half that now. Might pop back to around three million at the launch of the expansion if they are lucky but they'll lose more than half of that within a month.
    Estimated where?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    With Legion around the corner, and analysts are predicting a sharp rise in subs, possibly even rising over 10 million, do you think Blizzard will begin to report on their Sub numbers again?

It would make sense because when numbers are good, companies want to tout that they are regaining market share, and growing their user base.

Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, and Pinterest all report on the number of users they gain / lose especially when the numbers favor them.

I think Blizzard will begin to report on the Sub numbers come Q3 results, and Q4 results.
    Blizzard was one of the last to continue reporting subs. It's not a measurement being used anymore. Subscription revenue is the new normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This is the only way to determine, if current direction of development is right or wrong.
    You can gather the same data from subscription revenue.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do - for instance, if Legion gets a hefty amount of subs - but then get another drop, it'll be very bad for them. So my belief is that until they stabilize the game with a high population once more, they just won't take the risk.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

We will undoubtably get a copies of legion sold.

It is POSSIBLE you might see something like "XXXXXX amount of players returned for the start of legion"

But I seriously doubt we will get quarterly sub numbers ever again. It was just to much of a thing people used in there pointless whining or promotion. You like something and sub numbers go up, fuck, what else could it be! I like this, numbers up, best feature EVER!! Or the other oppisite view of not liking something, sub numbers go down, it is fucking CLEAR that is the ONLY thing that caused it. Sure we still near it all the time. But when people don't have facts to point to it makes the threads just easier to slip away into who gives a fuck land.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the people use that numbers as an argument to say that all the work of the devs were wrong.

If they do, it'll be obvious they are trying to skew people's perception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Because even if it gets up back to 10 million as soon as they go back to not reporting it again everyone will know how low they are. So what the hell would be the point?

I love all those armchair game devs we have here.
    Yeah guys, WoW is dead. That's why you stay here all day talking about it.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.