Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[SPOILERS] called me "Slayer of Archimonde"

Spoilers = Gul'dan

He called my warlock this during the Scepter of Sargeras Destruction Warlock artifact questline. Which now I wonder, if someone has not killed Archimonde, does Gul'dan refer to them as something else or does the game just assume that the player, whether or not they played through WoD, actually fought off Archimonde. It would be neat if there were other continuity touches like this sprinkled throughout the game, has anyone noticed any others?

The game doesn't care what your character did or did not do. It just assumes they did it all. Even fresh boosted characters get treated like gods.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The game doesn't care what your character did or did not do. It just assumes they did it all. Even fresh boosted characters get treated like gods.
    This. Everything else would lead to issues, especially when it comes to justify why you get legendary weapons like the ashbringer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a matter if fact, no.

In this case if you did not kill Archimonde he will not address you this way.

Just create fresh 100 amd beta and you will see.

I quickly imported another lock to make sure I had seen that okay, I took screenshots this go around. It's voiced as well. Props to Blizz for continuity detail. It does set Legion apart from past expansions.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty fucking awesome
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    This is freaking cool. My mage and my paladin killed Archimonde, so my warlock probably won't get recognized as doing such, but this is in fact cool.

I did the warlock Black Harvest scenario back in MoP and got the title (green fire to the folks who did it after MoP). I wish more classes get to do cool stuff like this.

I've noticed a lot of little touches like this. Vereesa seems to have dialog specific for blood elves in the MM hunter artifact. Or maybe it was just quest text I forget, but it's nice. The salvager guy in Azshara has special quest text if you're a rogue showing he's in the Uncrowned. An NPC in the temple of elune (In Broken Isles not Darnassus) commented on it being disgusteing I was using a pair of demon fangs for daggers.

Curiously, a paladin said something about hearing that my character killed Archimonde with her bare hands in Beta despite being a lvl 100 template character. Not sure if this is intended to be special dialogue or not like with Gul'dan.

I'm hoping at some point that Khadgar or Gul'dan will comment on you having completed the legendary ring, like Wrathion did for rogues with Fangs of the Father in MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    This is freaking cool. My mage and my paladin killed Archimonde, so my warlock probably won't get recognized as doing such, but this is in fact cool.

I did the warlock Black Harvest scenario back in MoP and got the title (green fire to the folks who did it after MoP). I wish more classes get to do cool stuff like this.
    Makes me wonder if the Council will have special dialog for warlocks if you did that questline in MoP.

Deleted
    So it's confirmed that AU Archimonde is permanently dead?

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I don't think AU/MU applies to demons.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I don't think AU/MU applies to demons.
    Mhm, you're right, it works like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty cool that it recognises that

Signature by Serryn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Demons die and then get reborn.

It confirms nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Contrary.

If you did the rogue Legendary daggers and then talked to Wrathion in the MoP to do cloak quest he actually had a different introduction, since he already knew you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Saurfang had a text that varied depending on whether or not you cleared one of the Vanilla raids ages ago. This isn't particularly new, though it is a nice touch whenever it's used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Demons die and then get reborn.

It confirms nothing.
    It is confirmed, we killed Archimonde in the Twisting Nether on mythic difficulty. Mythic, past heroic, is confirmed canon lore. It's also confirmed canon lore that demons that die in the Twisting Nether will no longer be reborn, they die. Therefore Archimonde is dead and will never return.

I noticed it as well and found it quite cool.

On the other hand though, Hemet Nesingwary didn't even hint at remembering who I was after all the dozen of animals he had me hunt and slaughter since Vanilla!

They could have given him at least a line to acknowledge who we are, we have helped him countless times all around the world(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post

Makes me wonder if the Council will have special dialog for warlocks if you did that questline in MoP.
    I ported my lock over, I don't recall anything that stood out dialogue-wise. Assuming that imported characters are still "flagged" for the green fire quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It is confirmed, we killed Archimonde in the Twisting Nether on mythic difficulty. Mythic, past heroic, is confirmed canon lore. It's also confirmed canon lore that demons that die in the Twisting Nether will no longer be reborn, they die. Therefore Archimonde is dead and will never return.
    And after you kill him on any difficulty (also mythic) you watch this (skip to 0:27):

His eyes going dark ON Draenor ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Saurfang had a text that varied depending on whether or not you cleared one of the Vanilla raids ages ago. This isn't particularly new, though it is a nice touch whenever it's used.
    Pretty sure it was AQ, as I've heard mentioned a few times by people who actually achieved Scarab Lord that Saurfang remembered them from the Scarab Wall and the fight against the Qiraji.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.