Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

People that bitch about their home nation

Firstly I aren't talking about people with legitimate concerns who try to change for the better nor am I saying any one country is perfect BUT I really find people that constantly bitch about their own country as terrible but actively chooses to remain and not change anything incredibly annoying. I obviously understand certain things can annoy but imo people who constantly bitch about their country and chooses not to do anything can GTFO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Firstly I aren't talking about people with legitimate concerns who try to change for the better nor am I saying any one country is perfect BUT I really find people that constantly bitch about their own country as terrible but actively chooses to remain and not change anything incredibly annoying. I obviously understand certain things can annoy but imo people who constantly bitch about their country and chooses not to do anything can GTFO
    Before I go on a rant, let me first ask you something... What do you mean by "legitimate concerns" and "actively chooses to remain and not change anything"?

what about when people bitch about other countries?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do people who choose to leave but still bitch about their home nation fit into it?

So you get to decide what legitimate concerns are?

If your country has some major flaws and you are in no position to change anything (and will never be for various reasons), there really isn't much to do but bitch about it.

I know what you mean. A friend of mine constantly talks about moving to Canada or Australia, but never has and probably never will, he's full of shit. Some people just love to whine and complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    So you get to decide what legitimate concerns are?
    Yes im omnipresent dictator

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    If your country has some major flaws and you are in no position to change anything (and will never be for various reasons), there really isn't much to do but bitch about it.
    Move? It isn't impossible

Some people just are dumb, bitter or lazy dipshits. Some people just like to complain to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives. These people will always exist and always have. Don't get all worked up, it's pointless. Arguing with them is impossible as their opinions aren't based on a nuanced weighing of rational arguments. Just ignore them and spare yourself the wasted time and effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    You are always in a position to change something. I just depends on how far are you willing to go with it. Thing is, most people who constantly complain are too lazy to even start with themselves.

This depends entirely on a) your home nation b) your marketable skills and c) the availability of jobs that employ your marketable skills in the target country. While it's not technically impossible for anyone, any or all of those factors can make it feasibly impossible for huge swaths of the population.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he's got a point.
    There are a lot of people that bitch about their country, or some aspects of it to such an extent, that if they'd spend about 10% of that time on trying to actually do something about it, things had a chance to get better.
    A lotta talking, but no walking.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I am pretty sure everyone who bitches about his country thinks that he is having legitimate complaints
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Thing is, even if you move, at heart you will still be a part of your country and people to some degree, so you'll still be depressed about what's happening at your former home.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not always easy or practical.

For example, if you wanted to leave England, where would you go? You need a country that is better than the one you live in, so that rules out a huge chunk of other countries and you do not speak a language that anyone outside of your region understands, so that rules out the rest of the world.

We're very isolationist in the US so we don't have any foreigners to point out our flaws. The left wing decided to take this task on, telling us how much we suck. Now since we have internet and have finally met some foreigners online the left sounds treasonous.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    This depends entirely on a) your home nation b) your marketable skills and c) the availability of jobs that employ your marketable skills in the target country. While it's not technically impossible for anyone, any or all of those factors can make it feasibly impossible for huge swaths of the population.
    Not discarding your reasons now. Don't get me wrong.
    But moving is possible for everyone who isn't bound to special care.
    All the arguments you've listed only apply to ease of transition. Not to the move itself
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

This is my home "land", so I wouldn't be really going anywhere. Though, my Rez is in canada. It's far better than it is on the bad side, imo, especially compared to most other places and the transition to those other places that might be better is too daunting of a thought for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    You are always in a position to change something. I just depends on how far are you willing to go with it. Thing is, most people who constantly complain are too lazy to even start with themselves.
    One simply can't change the people's way of thinking and mentality, which has been forming for hundreds of years, no matter how hard he tries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not discarding your reasons now. Don't get me wrong.
    But moving is possible for everyone who isn't bound to special care.
    All the arguments you've listed only apply to ease of transition. Not to the move itself
    ...I addressed this specifically in my post. There's a difference between technically possible and feasible. When most people say "possible" in a context like this, they mean feasible.

I'll give you an extreme example. It's not feasible for North Koreans to move out of North Korea. For all intents and purposes, it is generally viewed as impossible, because exceptions are so rare and require phenomenal circumstances and determination.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.