Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Freedom of speech, dude. They have the right to say what they'd like just as much as you have the right to /ignore. No need to ban them when you can just ignore or disregard them completely.
    freedom of speech =/= anarchy

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In all seriousness, a simple "Ignore Player via Bnet Account" would suffice.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I thought we were talking about restricting Toxic accounts, not players breaking the T&Cs - which will likely cause a ban and is already implemented through the report player system.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    Freedom of speech, dude. They have the right to say what they'd like just as much as you have the right to /ignore. No need to ban them when you can just ignore or disregard them completely.
    All freedom ends where the freedom of others begin!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    All freedom ends where the freedom of others start!
    Not even applicable. Both can say what they want with that freedom. There is no right to only get told what you like to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Not even applicable. Both can say what they want with that freedom. There is no right to only get told what you like to hear.
    Typical, you want the perks but not the duties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Typical, you want the perks but not the duties.
    You're lying to yourself here. The duty is having to hear what you don't want. This is exactly the price you pay for being able to say what you want yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Shouldn't you be supporting freedom of speech? Chat should never lead to consequences, you have the ignore feature for a reason.
    So if some one is shouting obscenities at me, my course, possibly, only action is to ignore it? It is down to me to ignore this person and not for the person to stop?

That will lose blizzard money. Ergo will never happen.

yes but not forum bans, some people like myself have never posted on them.

However, I'd quite like the idea of specific restrictions,

Que delays, temporary bans on trades or AH use.

More serious offenders, BG / Raid blocking etc before moving on to suspensions and perma bans

Edit:

Im talking about the real cunts out in the world who are repeat offenders, not some one having a bad day and name calling, or small flaming. I personally believe if you cant take someone call you a noob, or useless etc you shouldn't be online playing in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And why should it always be down to those on the receiving end to deal with the problem.
    Because they are the ones that created the "problem" with their delicate sensibilities. Besides the whiners, there is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Get X amount of reports for spamming Trade etc, get a month ban from that channel, increasing in duration with each consecutive ban. After 3 strikes, account bans start happening.
    And voila a streamer goes on a mission. Abusing the system like hell. Won't work

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    So if some one is shouting obscenities at me, my course, possibly, only action is to ignore it? It is down to me to ignore this person and not for the person to stop?
    Yes, because it's chat, and chat isn't audible. You have to read it. You can click 1 button and ignore anyone in chat if you still want to read it without that persons content. Not all content is meant for you. Blizzard does not have to ruin the game, so they can automate the already easy to use chat ignore feature for special snowflakes....

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Often because those people are being offended at imaginary sleights and "problems."
    Nope. Because you do not see or consider it a significant problem does imply it is the same for all.

You may consider it a wolf whistle at a random girl to be minor thing but she may not feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And voila a streamer goes on a mission. Abusing the system like hell. Won't work
    That is such a minor audience in the grand scheme of things. AIf that ever happened you would petition it and get a Blizzard review. Its not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    WTF ? This is most idiotic thing i heard in years, for years in the west we have censorship.
    So you basically are saying that goverment laws are overwritten by company laws, that would mean, it is state within state, in many countries it is illegal as i recall.
    Freedom of speech is to prevent GOVERNMENTS from silencing people. It has nothing to do with privately owned anythings.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of Blizzard implementing a system that would put some sort of restrictions on accounts that are found to be posting toxic shit either on their official forums or in the game itself?

What I mean by this is not straight up bans from playing the game, but if a person is caught spamming trade, trolling trade, spamming negativity about the game all over the official forums, maybe have posting rights taken on the forums, or if it is in game toxicity then maybe remove access to the AH for a couple days, or restrict the account from entering raid instances for a week, or something similar?

The point is, if players know they can and would have account restrictions as punishment for acting toxic in game and on the official forums, it would reduce the amount of toxicity seen in the game, in the queue system, etc. Obviously the current ban system that blizzard has would continue to be the same (for like botting and racist and other stuff ban worthy), but for just being plain negative and toxic, would account restrictions help curb that?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you guys think on the matter.
    I agree and I think it would be good for the game.

I never thought I'd agree with you on anything since you should be banned from these forums because 99% of your threads are just trolling.

Deleted
    So is this basically the same topic we had few days ago?

@Topic:
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Blizz can do whatever the fuck they want, freedom of speech dosnt give u an automatic shield against any consequences, blizz can just ban these ppl if they wanted to even.

Also, dont mistake stuff like hatespeech with freedom of speech, ppl are free to say in trade "i like that Hillary/Trump guy", but saying stuff like "kill all niggers" is not covered by freedom of speech and u should be punished if u spam that shit.
    Exactly this, for those who aren't quite understanding and thinking of it as a breech of freedom of speech, let me make a different example

If I host a pokergame and I make the house rules clear, that no one is to verbally assault anyone,

then a hour later someone loses half his steak in one hand and called the winner a "fucking cunt or fucking nigger", I'd throw them out, they agreed to the rules before playing and buying into the game.

Exactly the same with blizzard, you agree to their terms when you created an account, paid for an account and each time you play that account,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Wait, so ban someone's account from the forums if they post negative feedback or information about the game. That's totally acceptable. lol. When it comes to ingame, get over it and don't cry about it. Ignore them and youre fine. A lot of the community has become hostile to players that are half braindead monkeys simply because they are so bad at the game, and put it no effort to improve. Sorry if you do 30k dps at a 710+ ilvl, I'm gonna tell you to do a better job by reading guides, asking for help, or watching videos.....or I'm just gonna tell you to gtfo of the raid and boot you.
    I'm talking about players who constantly do things to upset other players in raids / dungeons / trade chat. If their account became temporarily restricted in certain activities; for example, if they were locked out of all raids for a week because they displayed toxic behavior, I would bet that would curb the behavior quickly, especially if they had a raid team that depended on them. Or for the casuals, locked out of all dungeons for a week, or no access to the AH for a week.

Stuff like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    So is this basically the same topic we had few days ago?

@Topic:
    No.
    lol.

People saying no are probably those toxic players im talking about.