Returning After Skipping Warlords

Hi all, I played all through MoP and quit during the lull between the expansions. Haven't played WoD at all but am now re-subscribed ahead of Legion. My problem is that so much has changed and is about to change again, that I am not quite sure what to do with any of my characters.

I've got lvl 90 Rogue, Hunter, Warrior, Death Knight, Druid, and Warlock, but I am not sure which one is worth leveling to 100 with the incoming changes. If I go by what people on various forums have to say about their classes in Legion, none are worth playing, but surely that cannot be the case?

Anyway I'd appreciate some guidance on what's currently worth doing and what class is worth leveling to 100. I personally enjoy Rogue, Warrior, and DK the most, but I'd like to avoid committing to a class that will not be viable or enjoyable in Legion. I am not a "hardcore" player by any means, so I am not too interested in high end raiding or super competitive arena PvP. I just don't want to feel like a gimp in regular content. I'd also love to hear what professions are looking most promising as I can see myself spending a good deal of time pursuing those.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Play what you want to play you said you aren't serious. Also, just adding may have been a while since you checked out these forums as well might want to review the rules/guidelines.
    Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"

Deleted
    Unless you are a mythic raider playing with ultra hardcore people going for server/world ranks, you can level and play any class you enjoy as it will 100% be good in some aspects of the game and when its not the best,its always gonna be viable still.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no such thing as a class not being viable when played well.

Deleted
    I am in a somewhat similar situation as you, but I quit more recently after HFC (WoD's final raid)

From what I've gathered (video's, no beta experience) every class is worth playing if you are having fun doing it. This might sound stupidly obvious, but it seems like most people (including me at first) have forgotten this. Chances are you are not playing at a level where min-maxing is so important that it dictates your class and playstyle (i.e. top100 Mythic guilds).

I am myself mostly interested in PvE for legion, so I focused on those playstyles, but so far I have seen a couple of classes that interest me, some classes that seem boring and some classes that just don't interest me at all from a lore point of view (still can't get into DKs).

So far, I am leaning either towards Frost Mage because of the cool (huehue) reactionary proc playstyle or Resto Shaman since it used to be my main in WoD and I like to be needed as a healer for pick up groups

If you got some time to spare, these video's helped me a lot from FinalBoss.tv: https://www.youtube.com/user/finalbosswow/videos
    Make sure you get the more recent '2nd pass' video for your spec to get a good feeling what it will play like.

Guide you, ok. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Rules-and-info These threads arent allowed. There plenty of guides, well, previews and reviewes on WoWhead.com and Icy Viens. Play whatever you want.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

We don't know the Legion FotM yet. I suggest waiting until a few weeks into the expansion to pick a main and a fallback. Go ahead and make sure you pick a specific class/spec and not just a class ie: I want to play warlocks, instead you should say I want to play a demonology warlock or a frost mage. Level the frost mage in case they gimp the warlock.

Those are just examples, we don't know which classes/specs have the highest chance of staying OP throughout the expansion yet. You will need to be reading stuff from the community to know that in time for it to be relevant to your picking.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow "help me pick" threads, sorry.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)